Marvel's Iron Fist: The Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't Doctor Strange just as open to the same criticism? Its basically an identical concept. White man goes to Asia to learn the mystic arts than returns to America to fight crime. Yet no one seemed to care the slightest about that one.

Isn't Doctor Strange just as open to the same criticism? Its basically an identical concept. White man goes to Asia to learn the mystic arts than returns to America to fight crime. Yet no one seemed to care the slightest about that one.

There was, but it centered more around Tilda Swanson being cast, since her role was traditionally Asian. Guess Iron Fist didn't get a buffer character. :lol

9 episodes in and this is my least favourite of the Marvel shows so far.

Why do we have so much of Claire in all of these shows? I mean what Matt was doing was too dangerous, so she didn't want to get involved with him. Then she's all for Luke being a hero and telling him how special he is. Now she's inviting herself along on Danny's missions, putting herself right in the path of all the danger.

Her no kill speech was annoying as all get out..... Jessica snapped Kilgrave's neck and rightfully so because no one would have been able to stop him otherwise. Sometimes these heroes ethics get rather ridiculous when the bad guys just keep getting away with everything because of money and connections.

As for this show in general I find it rather slow going and most of the characters are just not that interesting. You do have to wonder how DD hasn't become involved at all considering Madame Gao plays such a big role with her involvement with The Hand and Matt hasn't sniffed her out yet lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Prolly because Daredevil is a better fighter than the Ultimate Weapon that has been training since being a child.

How does Danny get kicked out of Rand when he owns 51% of the shares?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On episode 10. Meh. Some of the fighting seems slow but decent. Plot holes galore. Really boring show. I just think Finn Jones was miscast. He's not terrible, but he just doesn't fit in this universe.

Danny should just start calling himself "The Ultimate Naive Cry-Baby who has 1/10th of the Devil of Hell's Kitchen fighting abillity". It's a mouthful, but it's far more accurate...

On episode 10. Meh. Some of the fighting seems slow but decent. Plot holes galore. Really boring show. I just think Finn Jones was miscast. He's not terrible, but he just doesn't fit in this universe.

The only one that didn't fit to me was Daddy Meachum. The actor was fine, but his voice kept me wanting him to talk about Leonidas. Then we would see some ass kicking.

Anyone also notice Harold Meachum sounds like Agent Smith from Matrix most of the time?

How does Danny get kicked out of Rand when he owns 51% of the shares?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He still owns the shares, and therefore would share in any profits, but got kicked off the board of directors. If he had any business acumen, he could attempt to orchestrate a hostile takeover.

Same. Hopefully Finn Jones got some more training between filming on this ending and The Defenders starting. His forms look good, but the actual fight choreography is not that great. I like how they got away with NOT having Jones film his more difficult fight scenes by having his stunt double wear a hoodie (a la his fight with the drunken master)...no mask, but they still were able to hide him.

After giving it some thought, I think we were spoiled by Daredevil's fight scenes...but they should have different fighting styles. I liken Daredevil's style to krav maga, where he's a brutal as possible. Iron Fist should have a more fluid, traditional style.

Last edited:
So I finally decided to complete the series after wanting to stop after episode 9. Nothing in it all that makes me remotely want more, or to even care about The Defenders now. Very boring and slow, the villains felt like they posed no real threat at all. It's like they're only motivation is to be the top Heroin dealers in NYC, not a Hydra like organization that wants to rule the world. And obviously Madame Gao is not at the top, but a mere servant. Yet we have no mention or glimpse of the true leaders of the Hand or even their motivations. If The Iron Fist is their sworn enemy and the only one who can destroy them, how is there not a scene with Gao reporting to them that he's left K'un Lun and out in the world?? And also how is there no Stick or Elektra in a series focused on the Hand, not even a nod or a mention. Danny just left K'un Lun, they've been fighting the Hand longer than he's been born. I guess cause they could care less about The Hand's Heroin trade? ANd wouldn't they be just as interested in finding the Iron Fist?

I agree with WAY too much time spent on Claire and the Meachums. Ward & Howard were the best actors of the bunch, but could care less about either of them. Both are simply portrayed as whiny privileged rich businessmen, with the never good enough son and his daddy issues, and the typical only caring about money. And Joy, big letdown with the end making absolutely NO sense in regards to her. She had like no character development over the whole dragged out series, which could've easily been 8 episodes rather than 13. No big payoff even at the end making it worth the follow through.

Finn Jones was so wrong for the role. Between his bad acting, his terrible portrayal of fighting skills, and just overall appearance. For a character who literally trained every day of his whole life for 15 years, he portrays Danny Rand more a skinny hipster. No muscle tone or athletic appearance at all. He should be very lean and all muscle like a Bruce Lee look. Not look like some skinny hipster who's never done anything physical in his life. He's laughable in the scenes without a shirt while doing his Tai Chi routines, which is like the worst portrayal Iv'e ever seen. He couldn't even pull off sitting & meditating. I agree that based on the difference in the quality of shows, Daredevil would kick his a$$ in minutes. There's just so much wrong with this that it's hard to find any good. I hard a hard time getting through Jessica Jones, but the Purple Man was too compelling a villain to not see how it played out.

Perhaps they should have more Iron Fist fighting in the dark like most of DD fight scenes, then we won't see it as much lol

He just seems so weak in this. I mean it's not like he gets through these fights unscathed, he's had some injuries. I feel like he is the weakest of all of the Defenders and would get his ass kicked by LC and JJ with just one punch.

The character is rather immature and maybe that shows a lot more because he's only 25 and the other Defenders are all in their 30's.

Into episode 11 now.

Perhaps they should have more Iron Fist fighting in the dark like most of DD fight scenes, then we won't see it as much lol

He just seems so weak in this. I mean it's not like he gets through these fights unscathed, he's had some injuries. I feel like he is the weakest of all of the Defenders and would get his ass kicked by LC and JJ with just one punch.

The character is rather immature and maybe that shows a lot more because he's only 25 and the other Defenders are all in their 30's.

Into episode 11 now.

Yeah, he comes across as a whiny b*tch at times but I take that as him being living in a monastery for the last 15 years and finally being able to let go in NYC. Hasn't been able to mature in the "real world". I actually like Finn Jones in this. Just hope he can get some more training, or have him get his costume and mask ASAP in The Defenders so they can get a stunt double to film some kick ass fight scenes.

I rewatched DD's Hallway fight in Episode 2, Season 1, and his stairwell fight against the Dogs of Hell in Episode 3, season 2, last night. I would love to see a set piece in either The Defenders or season 2 of Iron Fist (if they have one) that is as good, if not better, than those scenes.

Finished watching this season, yesterday. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this show. There was some clunky dialogue and pacing issues, especially in the first half of the season, but I've also found that to be the case with the other Marvel Netflix shows too. To be fair, while I'm a long-time comic book reader of both Marvel and D.C., I've never read Iron Fist, so while I had a vague understanding of Iron Fist's backstory, going in, I would be a poor judge of whether or not the tv version of the character differs significantly from the one in the comics. So, my opinion is really based solely on what I was watching, on the show.
Personally, I had no issue with Finn Jones's portrayal of Danny Rand. I found him to be likable and engaging in the role. While I see some merit to the argument for having a martial arts expert in the role for the sake of better fight scenes, really, that argument could be made for any type of show like this. Casting someone with only a stunt/fight choreography background might also run the risk of severely limiting any of the dramatic scenes too. I guess that's one of those things that's impossible to know for sure, because they cast who they cast, and at this point, that would just be speculating on hypotheticals. In general though, I thought all of performances from the main cast were good. Some of the episodes did seem a little superfluously Claire-centric for some reason. I really like Rosario Dawson in the role of Claire Temple, but it seemed like where her appearances in some of the other Netflix Marvel shows were more in service to the story, here that didn't always seem to be the case. Throughout the show, I had minor nitpicks like that, but I was willing to overlook them, as I really enjoyed the overall story. I'm interested in seeing where they go with the story, next. Will they develop the relationship between Danny and Luke Cage during the Defenders show, and could we possibly get an entire season of Powerman and Iron Fist, sometime after? I think there is a lot of potential for interesting storylines, going forward.
The reviews on this have, in my opinion, been excessively harsh. It currently sits at 18% on Rotten Tomatoes, putting it squarely between the Matt Salinger Captain America and Dolph Lundgren Punisher movies. And the audience score is 82%, so there is a huge gulf between the opinions of the "critics" and casual viewers.

Danny didn't need to be so whiny. Davos shows up never having been in the real world at all, and seems to be less of a fish out of water and more adjusted to NY than Danny. Danny feels more like Anakin between EPI & EPII. Another whiny "chosen one". Not someone who was trained both physically and mentally. Learning to control his entire body & Chi as well as his mind and mental state, but a scared little kid with mommy issues.

Also going foward I agree Luke Cage & Iron Fist would be better off together in a Heroes For Hire show, rather than continuing solo adventures. I'd be more interested in that than solo individual shows with more boring character development. We've learned enough about them. Time for some fun kick a$$ adventures.

The story was horrendous for an origin story they should have done the Matt fraction David Aja run " the immortal iron fist " and the 7 capital cities they went cheap and did not show a single thing in Kun lun or Davos and then in the final shot they show him returning to city.

So they went cheap but they give us two seasons of Marco Polo they could have used the same set and locations , but that's the real problem with these show they are forced in serving the grand plan of forming the defenders. It's the same sickness that infects the movies were they feel like advertisements to another movie.

And does anyone else think these shows have and issues with pacing I feel like they tend to stretch them out and provide filler when they could reduce the number of episodes and produce a more coherent story line.

I wonder how will punisher fare now ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I think Punisher will be better because the actor is good and we've already seen him play the role excellently, IMO

Hopefully the story isn't garbage.

Punisher will be great, or at least pretty good, IMO, because the story is both more grounded, and Bernthal is a much better actor. Also, kinda off-topic, but I just realized: Those mother****ers took elements of Moon Knight's character for their ****-tier Iron Fist. And this makes me mad AF.

Back