Marvel's Iron Fist: The Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, Ward is also my fave thus far. Look, I'm gonna be honest here: I mostly keep watching for Ward, the Hand (I wanna see what the hell is going on), Harold and 'cause I have to in order to see the Defenders. But all I've got from the show so far, is that Ward = Best Boy. If the MCU has done one thing right, is give us great Wards. Both Meachum & Grant are Best Boys.

EDIT: "You suck Danny. The Hand is powerful and another guy tried already.". A few seconds later "lol, I'm coming with you to fight the Hand.". Like, can they make Calire any more shoehorned? "My ninja friend barely made it out alive, but I'll come with you, even though I think you're useless compared to him.". Like, wtf?

Yeah but Claire had wolverine claws so no complaints from me lol

I also loved that at one point Gao just got so frustrated with Danny that she was just like "You sure are dumb, do I need to spell things out for you with cue cards and arrows!"

lol

If you are referring to my comment about "fanboy goggles", then I guess that struck a nerve with you?
Didn't really strike a nerve, I was just asking a question. I'm not emotionally invested in this show or anything. I'm also a pretty big Silver Surfer fan, btw. Great juxtaposition of this incredibly powerful character who has to deal with primarily existential conflicts that you don't resolve by punching a guy through a wall.

The guy playing Ward was stellar, best in the show. Reminded me so much of James Remar in looks and line delivery.
I also really like this guy. He grew on me for sure as the season progressed (still not done with it by the way).

Yeah but Claire had wolverine claws so no complaints from me lol

I also loved that at one point Gao just got so frustrated with Danny that she was just like "You sure are dumb, do I need to spell things out for you with cue cards and arrows!"

lol

I just finished 8 so I can't comment on that yet, but... Claire is really annoying and shoehorned in this. After Unworthy Thor #5 (FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- Aaron), her "no killz" speech, was the second most irritating moment of my day so far.

Yeah but tell me you aren't dying to see the next episode. :lol

Eh. I want more of Ward "B e s t B o y" Meachum, but... eh. At least it flows better than LC. Truth be told, I'm more interested in finding Jason Aaron, tying a barbed wire around his stupid head and dragging him across the mountain right now...

Orson Randall gets a costume in that B&W clip, but noooo, Danny can't...

Spoiler Spoiler:

That mask does look good in live action.

After a few days of digesting this show, I think they should have casted Lewis Tan who played the drunken master. I wasnt onboard with all the SJW crying for an asian actor only, but dude is half White and Asian and has some serious skills. They could of made Danny's dad White and mom Asian. Just imagine all those fight scenes with him instead of Finn Jones.
Of course, that would be the main saving grace cause the script would still make him a whiney child, but a kick ass one.

Considering how much they changed Zhou Cheng, I could've lived with Lewis Tan playing an Asian-American Danny Rand. At least the fights would've been better... He got pretty angry that he didn't get the role though (he auditioned for DR). He's been retweeting, favoriting, etc anti-MCU & anti-Finn Jones posts for a while.

If they wanted an Asian guy to play the character, they should have gone with Shang Shi.

MC0pTRs.jpg

Danny Rand. . .just look at his name! His defining characteristics are that he was a fish out of water being a white blonde dude who ends up being a kung fu master and then teaming with a big black guy.

Sometimes I'm supportive of race changing ideas, but in others I just ask why they would stick with character X to begin with.

IMO, they should've had Shang be to IF what Luke was in the JJ series, but they went all "lol, let's add Claire, lol".

If they wanted an Asian guy to play the character, they should have gone with Shang Shi.

MC0pTRs.jpg

Danny Rand. . .just look at his name! His defining characteristics are that he was a fish out of water being a white blonde dude who ends up being a kung fu master and then teaming with a big black guy.

Sometimes I'm supportive of race changing ideas, but in others I just ask why they would stick with character X to begin with.

I agree. I'm ok with race changes, as long as it isn't changing who the character is at his core. That was the whole point. Danny was a foreign american white dude being trained in mystical martial arts. He never should have been able to accomplish what he did. Anybody remember Van Damme's Bloodsport? Same thing based on a true story of Frank Dux. Asian cultures didn't believe in training Westerners or any non Asian ethnicity in their ways. A big no no in many a story and history. Bruce Lee also faced the same problems when he came to the US and wanted to train Americans. He had most Asian masters turn their back on him.

Just Finished... 4/10. Impossible to give a positive review.Sadly so many things to dislike in this show.

Eh. I want more of Ward "B e s t B o y" Meachum, but... eh. At least it flows better than LC. Truth be told, I'm more interested in finding Jason Aaron, tying a barbed wire around his stupid head and dragging him across the mountain right now...

What am I missing with this bestboy meme? :dunno

It feels like this series got 1/10th the budget that Daredevil received. Everything is bland, from the actors (sans Harold) to the writing to the special effects.

Yeah, I don't get the white-washing complaints with this. Alot of articles on my newsfeed basically circulating the same junk, should have been Asian, etc... guess no one gets the whole Stranger in a Strange Land feel that was Iron Fist. In the 70s that novel was at the forefront, an Earthling being raised on Mars, then coming back to Earth as a young adult and being a stranger in his own culture. The irony is in all these column "writers" suddenly being experts on why Danny was white (saying appropriation was ok in the 70s etc...) funny not one article I've read mentioned that he was createdwhen Stranger was a fairly big deal and just a few months after Shang Chi was created, and not one article asks about Marvel just developing Asian characters, they just want instant race changes... and as horrible as the columnists are, the people who respond will give you brain cancer just reading the drool the type. Articles are aimed at the LCD of the masses as usual. :lol

Back