Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Marvel Studios/Sony: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN

I say keep making them until they become unprofitable. I'm loving just about everything coming out of Marvel so far. Agents of SHIELD has been hit and miss and Agent Carter started stronger than it ended IMHO but overall I haven't been disappointed yet.

I say keep making them until they become unprofitable. I'm loving just about everything coming out of Marvel so far. Agents of SHIELD has been hit and miss and Agent Carter started stronger than it ended IMHO but overall I haven't been disappointed yet.

:exactly::goodpost:

Add Daredevil, and seriously they are doing a great job.

As for Spidey, can we expect Urich, also one that is correlated to Daredevil's Urich? :dunno

If they bring in Urich, it would have to be Phil Urich.

Actually while I would love to see Simmons as JJJ again, I hope we completely skip over the Daily Bugle. Kind of glad ASM did that. My thing is that periodicals and their manufacture is a difficult thing now in this age. I elite that Urich is brought to that in Daredevil and how Amy Adam's Lois is correlating between social media and online editorials.

Print is dying out, but Jameson has J3 Communications which has it's own news broadcast. You can sure replace the bugle with that or with other similar media sites. Jameson is a big antagonist for Spidey, trying to make the world hate him, that it would be crazy to not include him imo.

The new Spider-Man is going to be somewhat "special" to explain why he'll be in High School for seven years.

2008-10-29-14.jpg

It's like these movies have been cursed since 2007.

Years of "it should go back to Marvel" complaints. What story exactly did you think they were going to tell? :lol

I see lots of complaints. . .I suppose that was inevitable, no matter what. But key points for me:

1) Spider-Man in the Marvel Studios-Verse
2) Peter Parker as Spidey
3) Trying not to force him into adulthood too quickly so they can better milk the wide range of story ideas

Hard for me to see the downside here. Bring it.

I'm more interested to see what's going on with Osborne at this point.

Will he still be alive? The Green Goblin? New Iron Patriot? Oscorp building in NYC along with Stark Tower? How will OSCORP factor into the MCU with the rumors Stark will be in the new Spiderman movie?

I hope he doesn't become. . .whatever he's become in the comics over the last decade or so (seems like a kind of Lex Luthor-lite?).

I hope he doesn't become. . .whatever he's become in the comics over the last decade or so (seems like a kind of Lex Luthor-lite?).

They might as well make him Lex Luthor lite. Spiderman's arch nemesis is already a Joker lite. The tradition should go on.

With RDJ rumored to be in it, I'd be surprised if we don't see Norm in Iron Patriot armor taking on Iron Spidey.

Print is dying out, but Jameson has J3 Communications which has it's own news broadcast. You can sure replace the bugle with that or with other similar media sites. Jameson is a big antagonist for Spidey, trying to make the world hate him, that it would be crazy to not include him imo.

Agreed, that was one of the biggest problems with ASM. Spidey has all these great love/hate relationships, I want them all on screen.

But also consider, In the Raimi movies it's just Spidey. That's why JJ's obsession for hating him played so well. Would JJJ really focus on some kid who "exists, we just don't know it yet..." all the while Iron Man is very publicly causing way more dangerous alien invasions right down the street...

In reality, if Peter isn't going to be working for the Bugle (in high school), than JJJ obsessing over Spidey wouldn't make much sense in this movie. (no personal connection and way bigger issues)

Goblin is mentally unhinged and has a huge smile, but that's about where the similarities ended. . .

Physically yeah. But Joker has killed a Robin and paralyzed a Batgirl while doing other atrocities like killing Sarah Essens. Goblin has killed Gwen, has kids with her, has damaged and killed Harry, and I'm certain with the mix of ASM and USM, we could get a lot. Both of those have done a lot of damage to their heroes. I'd say Ock probably comes in a tie close second.

Back