Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marvel Studios/Sony: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN

But also consider, In the Raimi movies it's just Spidey. That's why JJ's obsession for hating him played so well. Would JJJ really focus on some kid who "exists, we just don't know it yet..." all the while Iron Man is very publicly causing way more dangerous alien invasions right down the street...

In reality, if Peter isn't going to be working for the Bugle (in high school), than JJJ obsessing over Spidey wouldn't make much sense in this movie. (no personal connection and way bigger issues)

JJJ doesn't trust Spidey due to him having a secret identity. Stark told the public who he was at the end of IM1. Also Stark is more of a global superhero where Spider-Man is local and having more of an affect on JJJ. It also doesn't hurt that Iron Man is an Avenger, and "takes orders" from a legendary beloved war hero. JJJ should probably hate someone like Daredevil more than Iron Man or any other Avenger really.

Last edited:
Re: Marvel Studios/Sony: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN

JJJ doesn't trust Spidey due to him having a secret identity. Stark told the public who he was at the end of IM1. Also Stark is more of a global superhero where Spider-Man is local and having more of an affect on JJJ. It also doesn't hurt that Iron Man is an Avenger, and "takes orders" from a legendary beloved war hero. JJJ should probably hate someone like Daredevil more than Iron Man or any other Avenger really.

Bingo! Its not like Spidey debuted in a solo universe in the comics, its just that JJJ saw FF and Avengers at the time as heroes and Spiderman as a masked coward.

How do we know the title?

I like the idea of keeping Spidey a teenager for a while. I think fans of the more recent "Ultimate Spider-man" series would also appreciate that and I'm a longtime Spidey fan who enjoyed the re-imagining of Spidey in the Ultimate comic-line (before it went to crap with the 'Ultimatum' storyline). Actually, the MCU adopts A LOT from the pre-Ultimatum Ultimate Marvel comics.

Also, when standing next to the Avengers, those are the heroes Spidey idolizes so it'll be an interesting dynamic between the teenage Spider-man and the adult Avengers...especially when they learn he's a "kid".

I think Marvel is also looking to approach this as stretching out Spider-man's stories and that eventually they'll do a movie where he goes to college and "moves on" to adulthood. Probably also why they're also looking for a younger actor to fill the role, so he can "grow up" with it kind of like Radcliffe did with Harry Potter.

Probably also why they're also looking for a younger actor to fill the role, so he can "grow up" with it kind of like Radcliffe did with Harry Potter.

That's exactly what I thought, they could probably pump out 6 films with the same actor over the course of 15 years :lol

I like the idea of keeping Spidey a teenager for a while. I think fans of the more recent "Ultimate Spider-man" series would also appreciate that and I'm a longtime Spidey fan who enjoyed the re-imagining of Spidey in the Ultimate comic-line (before it went to crap with the 'Ultimatum' storyline). Actually, the MCU adopts A LOT from the pre-Ultimatum Ultimate Marvel comics.

Also, when standing next to the Avengers, those are the heroes Spidey idolizes so it'll be an interesting dynamic between the teenage Spider-man and the adult Avengers...especially when they learn he's a "kid".

I think Marvel is also looking to approach this as stretching out Spider-man's stories and that eventually they'll do a movie where he goes to college and "moves on" to adulthood. Probably also why they're also looking for a younger actor to fill the role, so he can "grow up" with it kind of like Radcliffe did with Harry Potter.
This is really messed up they are basic wiping out the previous 2 movies which in my opinion is a shame as they had a lot of nice parts to it which can be improved on in a sequel.

I can only imagine the confusion that this will cause in the minds of the audience and we all seem to be focused on the part this play in the upcoming civil war so what will happen when they have to go and make his solo movie and he is a different actor and maybe Gwen in back or not it's just a mess of continuity a new Harry and I have no idea what villans they will go with.

Now if they aged him he could still be keep the history and join the marvel universe. It would be more natural

The audience will be fine, they'll eat everything Marvel throws at them.

It's was very smart to get rid of the previous continuity, it was poop.

Except for Emma Stone [emoji38]
Exactly I thought people loved that about the movie the chemistry between them.

Still don't see what is so wrong about aging him a bit I mean he was always that age in the comics and cartoons why do they want him so young.

Yeah, audiences nowadays are pretty smart and there have been so many reboots/re-imaginings that they know what's going on.

I did like the Amazing Spider-man series but Sony buried themselves with the second film. I enjoyed it and like Garfield as Spidey, but Sony made the common superhero movie mistakes that Marvel Studios has learned to avoid (too many villains being the primary one along with rushing plot, etc.).

The intro of the MCU Spidey is sort of how DC is introducing Bat-fleck into the DCU. An already established well-known character whose origins are already known by most of the movie audience (and from all accounts, we'll see flashbacks of it in the Batman v. Superman movie). I'm sure MCU Spidey might be handled similarly in his debut or first solo movie with flashbacks to his origin. And considering the revolving door of actors who have played Batman, it's not a far stretch to see the same with Spider-man. The main difference with Spidey is that his reboots are much quicker than Batman's.

I'm pretty certain they want a young Spider-man so they have lots of movies in the line up since he's so young and also to appeal to the younger audience and add another point where he differs from all the mature heroes. Thor is 2000 yrs old, Cap is 95, Stark 50 etc...

I still say it's a bad idea going teenage angst yet again. But maybe by some miracle they can pull it off.

If the follow the spectacular Spider-Man formula then they'll be fine

I bet they handle it well. I doubt it revolves around his love with Mary Jane/Felicia/Gwen/ugh. He's still young and will be focusing on other aspects of life as well. I have faith.

I still say it's a bad idea going teenage angst yet again. But maybe by some miracle they can pull it off.

I wish we had some sort of way to know if Marvel studios can be successful in implementing their plans and making smart decisions. There's just no way to tell.

I wish we had some sort of way to know if Marvel studios can be successful in implementing their plans and making smart decisions. There's just no way to tell.

My only regret is not being able to rep this more than once.

I'm really curious what they are going to do about his costume. Amazing Spiderman 2 issues aside, the costume was perfect. Feige mentioned it is different than the others, but still classic Spidey. Hopefully it doesn't look like a 16 year old sewed it himself.

Back