marmit at-at driver,recommended?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing some paint wash now for the boots any gloves. Under the boot it says 2001 production. At 13 years, its still THE must have figure.

I find Marmit figures to be more like a kit then a fully assembled figures.
Paint wash is something that is needed for this kit.

MarmitAT-ATBeforeandAfter_zpsb14840a9.jpg

Using the TAMIYA Gray Panel Line Accent Color.
MarmitAT-ATAfterWash_zpsc93cee91.jpg

Wow, that is a pretty big price for the Marmit AT-AT Driver. Still wondering myself how did Marmit knew from back then that the AT-AT was gray and not white. They didn't have the helmet and chest box gray but still...

Gentle Giant made a cool 1/6 bust, but the Marmit is still more accurate, the GG bust is missing many greeblies that make this trooper so cool (though some can be added by hand with a bit of silver and red paint). GG got the hoses right though. But it's funny how there are a couple members from another board who really hate Marmit, and when I said the words above, it was like a riot. LOL

The only thing I'd like to do with mine is to find a different type of hose to look more natural and to flow more especially on the right side.

atat20pilot20front202.jpg

I'm curious if SS will ever attempt to make an AT-AT Driver figure and how it will look compared to the decade old Marmit.

Marmits are great/awesome figures...I have all of them and about 4 Sandtroopers....At-At driver is a great figure....it really stands out....

Marmits are great/awesome figures...I have all of them and about 4 Sandtroopers....At-At driver is a great figure....it really stands out....

All of them? How good is the Marmit Tie Fighter Pilot? Any pics?

Wow, that is a pretty big price for the Marmit AT-AT Driver. Still wondering myself how did Marmit knew from back then that the AT-AT was gray and not white. They didn't have the helmet and chest box gray but still...

I owned this figure before trading it to Dorgmal Snow for one of his Power Droids. The "gray" is entirely an effect of the plastic they used. It was clearly meant to be white like the rest.

And when Sideshow does these, they better be white as in appeared on screen and in all figures.

I owned this figure before trading it to Dorgmal Snow for one of his Power Droids. The "gray" is entirely an effect of the plastic they used. It was clearly meant to be white like the rest.

And when Sideshow does these, they better be white as in appeared on screen and in all figures.

I don't think so. The plastic there is not an effect, it is a real gray plastic. It's not like the yellowing plastics you might see somewhere else.

The only part Marmit got it wrong in terms of color is the chest box. Its should be the same color as the chest armor. Take note the white stripes on it. Also the strap should be the same hue as the boots. I guest I try coloring this.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85203&page=6

The funny thing is the guy wearing the suit in the ILM promo shots in a way looks worse than the Marmit figure LOL Just look at his thin legs :)

AT-ATDriver01_zpse5ebc257.jpg

AT-ATDriver06_zps0c9b7f38.jpg

AT-ATDriver03_zpsff3d7afc.jpg

AT-ATDriver04_zpse1d59e90.jpg

It's awesome how much recycling they did back in the OT days. :lol

That AT-AT driver suit, is basically a different coloured X-wing flight suit, an X-wing helmet sitting on top of a Stormie helmet, Snowie shoulder guards, & possibly a Stormie rear torso plate - & maybe even the Hoth Rebel trooper gloves to boot. :lol

It's awesome how much recycling they did back in the OT days. :lol

That AT-AT driver suit, is basically a different coloured X-wing flight suit, an X-wing helmet sitting on top of a Stormie helmet, Snowie shoulder guards, & possibly a Stormie rear torso plate - & maybe even the Hoth Rebel trooper gloves to boot. :lol

Indeed but that is the cool part of it. Thinking about all these tiny details that makes SW in its parts and as a whole so great, being imaginative and creative. :)

Manage to win this figure from eBay for US$305. Received it this week only. In hand I noticed the chest box is a bit small and the red imperial insignia is a bit pain to fix. Painting it white will not blend with the yellowish color of the plastic. But still. While this figure standing next to the Sideshow clothed rebels. I find the Marmit AT AT driver to be more natural looking. He looks like a real guy in a costume. So I'm happy with the find. Now I feel like trowing away the Medicom Tie fighter and get a Marmot Tie Fighter.

$305? Ouch

Man, he looks great. Marmit made some awesome figures. I don't own any but one day......

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

$305? Ouch

Man, he looks great. Marmit made some awesome figures. I don't own any but one day......

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

They are getting very rare. If you can see one, try to get one.

Back