Mark VII Stealth/Relationship Problems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should sell your story to a publicist in Hollywood; makes for a great scenario for a Sit-Com.

I would title it "Nerd-lust" or "The Hot Toys gotta stay, your cat's gotta go" or "Plastic Evil vs. Ms. Common Sense"

:rotfl The pilot episode would be titled "Hot Toys...Hot Water!"

The next time she's around, log in to your SS account and cancel your order in her presence (order something that you dont need in the first place lol) and show that you are willing to give it up for her. Then, after things have settled down, you could maybe explain everything to her.

Dude, right on.
She's not a dude :lecture

:wink1:

I can't believe this is still going on Lol.

Ok, OP: what are you wanting from the board? There has been some good feedback for you already given. You still pose the same questions. What is motivating you to post this scenario on the board twice? What can we provide you? I guess I'm just confused as to what you are looking for here. If you want support then that's one thing. But if you want advice or attention, please read your first thread. It would just make it easier I guess if we knew what the function of the behavior was lol. I'd be happy to provide you with support. Just clarify.

The next time she's around, log in to your SS account and cancel your order in her presence (order something that you dont need in the first place lol) and show that you are willing to give it up for her. Then, after things have settled down, you could maybe explain everything to her.

scott-kleinberg-royal-baby-name-george-alexander-louis.jpg

Costanza approves

I can't believe that this is still in the Marvel forum--op please move this to the Sandbox; or as admin to move it for you; or better yet ask admin to shut this discussion down. :rotfl

To the OP

You may not make enough for your Hot Toys spending habits(not enough for this girl I mean).
If you make 500k/year and wants to buy a few plastic toys costing 300 each, she probably wouldn't complain as hard as say if you make 30k/year. Billionairs who spend 30 dollars on an ice cube may only seem like a waste for people who makes 100 dollars/day.

There may not be a way to change this unless you get a girl with similiar perspective on life(or higher tolerance for the meaning of financial stability).
Some girls are like "well as long as he's not in debt then it's okay"
Others may think "as long as the debt is under controlled then it's okay".
The ones you don't want are "he can buy figures..only if he makes XXXXX/year and has his **** together first!" <---asian girls.

I can't believe that this is still in the Marvel forum--op please move this to the Sandbox; or as admin to move it for you; or better yet ask admin to shut this discussion down. :rotfl

This is getting kinda silly to be honest - these are what you call warning signs. Be thankful you are seeing them early in the relationship but more importantly don't ignore them and think things will get better.

I'll put it simply.
She's not the one.

:lecture moving on please.....

Well to be fair the Marvel section is the friendliest place on the forum :p

Unfortunately I have the same problem with my brother. In my case, I don't make that much so it takes a chunk of my earning. Advice, tell her that u can set a premise where u buy every other month. If u are willing to change for her then go for it but she won't understand ur love for figure, because she is not interested in them.

Your story sure does have a lot of coincidences. You invite your girlfriend over at night.... your UPS driver just happens to show up and mentions how expensive the item must be and then your cousin shows up to give you another figure..........

all within ten minutes.......

Interesting..........

Ask the admin to boot this whacko girl out of his life. :lecture

It's clear from her past, or at least what you have told us, that she has serious issues when it comes to finances and frivolous spending, which she obviously thinks you're doing. And she's afraid that if she likes you too much, which you are now saying she is since she said she loved you or whatever, then she doesn't want your's relationship to become the same as her parents. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about that. You are not a professional therapist.

My advice is you let her cool down a bit, day or two, and then try to get together some place; where ever she feels comfortable. Then sit her down and tell her everything. Tell her how much money you have, what your budget is, and what you do to not let it get out of control. If after all of that, she still has doubts and doesn't trust you, then it's over. Relationships are built on trust, and if she doesn't have any for you, then there can never be anything solid.

Having said all of this, based on what you have told us, it sounds like her fears are so rooted, that there is a good chance she won't ever be accepting of your collecting habits whatsoever for as long as you are together. You might be able to convince her and make her feel better, but all of this will start all over again the second buy something else. At that point you will have a choice to make.

That is exactly what I am going to do. Thank you so much for the advice :hi5:

I can't believe this is still going on Lol.

Ok, OP: what are you wanting from the board? There has been some good feedback for you already given. You still pose the same questions. What is motivating you to post this scenario on the board twice? What can we provide you? I guess I'm just confused as to what you are looking for here. If you want support then that's one thing. But if you want advice or attention, please read your first thread. It would just make it easier I guess if we knew what the function of the behavior was lol. I'd be happy to provide you with support. Just clarify.

Honestly, I just want to hear everyone's own stories on how this hobby may have affected relationships that he or she has/are been in.

I don't have much relationship experience and never had any discussions about finances in the past and since this has to do with the costs of this hobby, I thought it was a good idea to open a dialogue with you all.

Honestly, I just want to hear everyone's own stories on how this hobby may have affected relationships that he or she has/are been in.

I don't have much relationship experience and never had any discussions about finances in the past and since this has to do with the costs of this hobby, I thought it was a good idea to open a dialogue with you all.

That seems like a valid enough reason to me :clap

It was a good idea and I think this thread may help others too, theres a lot of great advice in here

I've read all the comments guys and seriously can't thank you all enough.

We are going to talk later tonight face to face and I'm going to go over all my finances with her.

I won't bring it up again and I apologize if this isn't proper place to discuss this matter.

But once again, I can't thank you enough.

Back