Mark VII Stealth/Relationship Problems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you really care about this girl, our opinions shouldn't matter. If not, then you're just looking for validation.

I don't know, I don't think that's entirely fair. I'm pretty sure I'd be confused as hell if I brought a girl home and instantly the conversation turned to 'why are you spending money on these things, they're unnecessary and you should stop'.

There are men who spend tens of thousands of dollars a year on Swiss watches and women who spend the same on handbags and shoes and no-one bats an eyelid, but a few hundred dollars worth of toys are a red flag? I guess it all comes down to cultural capital at the end of the day, so the only option is to find someone at least open to the idea of you spending disposable income on collectibles.

Holy ****. Tough break man, it was going so perfect.

I suggest you have a heart to heart, tell her that this is who you are. It's down to her whether or not she accepts it.

Never let someone you love make you feel bad for who you are and what you do.

I wouldn't be concerned about the girlfriend just yet. You should worry about your Stealth Mark VIIs cos I think they're defective. Otherwise your girlfriend would not have been able to detect them. And we wouldn't be having this conversation.

This summer... a boy meets a girl. But then the girl... meets his figures!

Boy: And this is Iron Man. He has a Kung Fu grip!
Girl: I wanna see other people!

Sometimes, love... is sold separately.

Boy: You're the only one who understands me, Hawkeye.
*bro fists Hawkeye figure*

Channing Tatum... Emma Stone...
Mint Condition Relationship
Hahahaha amazing

Seriously (well at least hopefully) you will look back at this one day, and feel incredibly stupid that you let any woman do this to you.

Well, in my defense, I order probably 90% of my clothes online. So he stops by at least every other week, I would say. And also, Whiplash Mark II is the only figure I've bought this whole year so far. It's kind of feast or famine for me when it comes to Hot Toys. And again the second account is only for the exclusives I want two of, I've only done it for BD Mark VII.

Maybe you're right, I probably shouldn't be discussing this with you guys on here. It's just I feel like no one else would really understand this except for you.

I'll go ahead and stop talking about it. Going to try and get some sleep.

Have a good night everyone.

I thought you said you also bought mkvii stealth? Twice.

Man alive, this is one crazy story, you'd be better off getting caught with another girl judging by this girl's reaction to your figure collecting hobby.

You seem to have your own place, etc, so I can't understand why she doesn't see that as stable enough for your finances, that you can still afford your monthly bills and indulge in a hobby that makes you happy. Just because she has a prior history with bad finances in her family, that shouldn't mean that you have to live like a pauper.

I came from a family that had our own share of monetary issues for a while, even had government assistance for a period, but now that I'm doing well enough, I definitely enjoy the money I make. If you can't do that, then what's the point of going to work.

If she's got serious feelings for you, I'd suggest having a sit-down with her (not mafia style ;) ), but you guys need to get it all out there on the table, but I feel like she has to deal with her own fiscal issues on her own without bringing you into it. Just my two cents, but until then, just do what makes you happy. Don't let her dictate how you enjoy your hobby.

Well, in my defense, I order probably 90% of my clothes online. So he stops by at least every other week, I would say. And also, Whiplash Mark II is the only figure I've bought this whole year so far. It's kind of feast or famine for me when it comes to Hot Toys. And again the second account is only for the exclusives I want two of, I've only done it for BD Mark VII.

Maybe you're right, I probably shouldn't be discussing this with you guys on here. It's just I feel like no one else would really understand this except for you.

I'll go ahead and stop talking about it. Going to try and get some sleep.

Have a good night everyone.

No I think you should feel free to discuss your issues here, I mean IDK about anyone else but I'd always try and be as helpful as possible and I don't see a problem in seeking help here, from what I've read a lot of people here gave really good advice and you are right if anyone could understand this kind of dilemma it would be us
No worries :duff

Not to make light of anything but I find it humorous that almost every other romantic movie out there has the female falling in love with the guy who's from the wrong side of the tracks or basically a hobo for all intents and purposes, and yet here is a situation where this girl is like "you have money, and you spend it. I don't know if I can deal with that".

It's clear from her past, or at least what you have told us, that she has serious issues when it comes to finances and frivolous spending, which she obviously thinks you're doing. And she's afraid that if she likes you too much, which you are now saying she is since she said she loved you or whatever, then she doesn't want your's relationship to become the same as her parents. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about that. You are not a professional therapist.

My advice is you let her cool down a bit, day or two, and then try to get together some place; where ever she feels comfortable. Then sit her down and tell her everything. Tell her how much money you have, what your budget is, and what you do to not let it get out of control. If after all of that, she still has doubts and doesn't trust you, then it's over. Relationships are built on trust, and if she doesn't have any for you, then there can never be anything solid.

Having said all of this, based on what you have told us, it sounds like her fears are so rooted, that there is a good chance she won't ever be accepting of your collecting habits whatsoever for as long as you are together. You might be able to convince her and make her feel better, but all of this will start all over again the second buy something else. At that point you will have a choice to make.

Maybe you're right, I probably shouldn't be discussing this with you guys on here. It's just I feel like no one else would really understand this except for you

You're right, you should be discussing this with other people that LOVE these collectables. You should be discussing it with your family and friends that know the both of you and that won't give you advise biased by their love of Hot Toys

I'll go ahead and stop talking about it.

Good idea

PS: My first wife hated my love of Star Wars and the memorabilia I collected and she lasted 7 years. My second wife loves it and embraces it. When we built our custom house in 2000 it included a room specifically for our Star Wars collection.

We are coming up on 21 years and love each other to death (and beyond) and have never had a single fight.

So there was another fish in the sea for me and I'm sure there are more out there for you.

So, here's my Hot Toys collection, four of these came within a week of each other. I have this photo because I was redoing the floors in my nerd room and I had to move them on to our dining room table. So my wife decided to repose them then open up my new ones and pose them as well.

11666100_10155707066980117_3797213119500918261_n.jpg
11230718_10155707067165117_5023678333160586646_n.jpg
11542040_10155707067045117_7691385378253074700_n.jpg

Here is my fairly pregnant wife doing her best sexy pose next to our toy haul when we went to KC for shopping. Mainly we went to buy some baby stuff, but we decided with the soon forceful push into adulthood that we would say screw it and build legos for a few days.

1978863_10153918490345117_2107727145_n.jpg

Lastly, this is about half of my wife's Wonder Woman collection, none of her action figures or large novelty items are shown here.

11739612_10155772046660117_950477426_n.jpg

Now, I'm not posting these to brag. I'm simply posting to make a point. My wife and I love each other very much. We don't bring in a lot of money, and most of our money goes into our daughter and renovating our home. So any extra goes into fun things, collections, trips, electronics, stuff like that. We still have a ton of friends and a solid social life. Now, here's my point with saying all that. Don't drop what you love to do for someone, find someone that loves it as well but make sure you can both keep each other responsible. If you have Hulkbuster on PO, but your furniture consists of milk cartons, that's a different story. But if you have your life together and like to collect toys, then you need to be with someone that is cool with that. Either way, it's still cheaper than going out every weekend, that's what we used to do. Good luck man, if nothing else, I hope these photos show proof that there is someone for you out there.

Not to make light of anything but I find it humorous that almost every other romantic movie out there has the female falling in love with the guy who's from the wrong side of the tracks or basically a hobo for all intents and purposes, and yet here is a situation where this girl is like "you have money, and you spend it. I don't know if I can deal with that".

I'd watch that movie :lol

Lmaoooooo I died laughing when the UPS dude knocked on the door, every time I get a shipment and my wife is present I start perspiring :rollin

Those UPS dudes have the most amazing timing, starting to think he does it on purpose...lmao

And like others have mentioned, a GF shouldn't be so caught up on how you spend your money, we all spend money on something, some men is watches, sneakers (the average cost of a pair of kicks is about the lower tier of a hot toy) women and makeup, handbags, shoes, clothes in general?....you guys are just dating your finances should be treated separate and is very unfair to compare this with a gambling addiction....

Honestly it seems like as long as you are collecting figures she isn't going to be happy. And I do not believe that anyone should change for the person they are with so I'm not entirely sure this is a good relationship for either of you. I hope everything works out for the best tho and I wish you luck!

Honestly it seems like as long as you are collecting figures she isn't going to be happy. And I do not believe that anyone should change for the person they are with so I'm not entirely sure this is a good relationship for either of you. I hope everything works out for the best tho and I wish you luck!

:exactly: :hi5: Good advice :)

Back