Mario Kart Wii

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was planning on picking up this game and a few steering wheels so the whole family could play but I heard off-line multiplayer sucks. :huh

thats odd.
cant see how that would be any differnt.

might just be somebody who's spoiled to online play and doesnt like split screen multiplay

It's not that off-line multiplayer sucks, but it is VERY small in split screen. I know, you'll all say 'it's the same size, four players, TV size and whatnot', BUT because the tracks are now widened to accomodate for 12 players and there can be SO much going on at once you're 'karter' can look very small.

I had to sit pretty darn close to the telly to even come close to getting my usual rankings, therefore I do prefer online mode - full screen.

doesnt bother me, but I guess Im used to it.

Used to get together to play drunken Mario Kart many nights back in the day....

Darth Loki, you need to connect your Wii online either with a wireless router, a LAN adapter or a Nintenfo Wi Fi USB, also need broadband.

I thought I was used to the 4 player split too, but Mario Kart Wii is so busy and the characters seem tiny due to the exaggerated tracks.

Darth Loki, you need to connect your Wii online either with a wireless router, a LAN adapter or a Nintenfo Wi Fi USB, also need broadband.

I thought I was used to the 4 player split too, but Mario Kart Wii is so busy and the characters seem tiny due to the exaggerated tracks.

I have it hooked up with the adapter all the time so the connection isn't an issue. Just meant how do you send out and receive friend codes and set up games and stuff.

My ex got one as well and she's loving it so we wanted to race against each other.

Ah, apologies Loki.

I'm not actually sure how you 'send' friend codes, I just asked my mates for theirs. Then you just register them and they register you.

You can also create rooms.

I completely forgot about Mario Kart :banghead

I'll have to swing by Best Buy and pick it up.

I completely forgot about Mario Kart :banghead

I'll have to swing by Best Buy and pick it up.

I liked Double Dash, but this blows it out of the water. It makes one think what other kind of great racing games they can do with this little wheel.

Back