JND Studios - Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, based on the video here are my thoughts:
  • They really are stressing "you have to see this in person. no video or pics will do it justice." And while I do agree there is most likely some truth to that, it's really hard to drop thousands of dollars on hopes that it'll look better in person. One could be stuck with a $3k+ statue they don't want b/c they trusted in "it looks better in person."
  • Video should've showed more still image close ups rather than the constant turn arounds and panning up/down.
  • The individual hairs seem to be made of a thicker material on this to me based on what we're seeing and not as fine as say Wonder Woman or even The Batman Wayne sculpts.
  • I'm still not a big fan of the heat vision sculpt. Queen/InArt did it better on their 1/3 and 1/6 respectively
  • When the statues are turning, the suits do appear to have a shine to them which I thought was really cool, but I still think there's too much black/dark blue shading. And it's too harsh, almost like comic book shading rather than a smooth transition from shading to the suit colors.
  • I still love the pose and cape as well as the bust. I don't think there will be a more appropriate pose that captures Henry's Superman better than this. Pose beats both the Sideshow 1/4 PF and the Queen 1/3.
  • The \S/ shield looks great as well as the paint apps on it
  • Standard headsculpt looks to have been refined some to look a bit more determined rather than sad/hopeless as well as less gaunt and less textured
I do like it, but I don't think I love it nor does it seem this is worth the almost 5k this will end up costing once all is said and done with shipping and import taxes, so I will probably be cancelling unless I see in hand pics soon that change my mind. I'll just have to hold out hope that Queen will make one in the blue suit whether that's of the JL/BvS suit or (preferably) the Man of Steel stuit.

Screenshot 2024-03-19 234622.png

Last edited:
  • They really are stressing "you have to see this in person. no video or pics will do it justice." And while I do agree there is most likely some truth to that, it's really hard to drop thousands of dollars on hopes that it'll look better in person. One could be stuck with a $3k+ statue they don't want b/c they trusted in "it looks better in person."
  • Video should've showed more still image close ups rather than the constant turn arounds and panning up/down.
  • The individual hairs seem to be made of a thicker material on this to me based on what we're seeing and not as fine as say Wonder Woman or even The Batman Wayne sculpts.
  • I'm still not a big fan of the heat vision sculpt. Queen/InArt did it better on their 1/4 and 1/6 respectively
  • When the statues are turning, the suits do appear to have a shine to them which I thought was really cool, but I still think there's too much black/dark blue shading. And it's too harsh, almost like comic book shading rather than a smooth transition from shading to the suit colors.
  • I still love the pose and cape as well as the bust. I don't think there will be a more appropriate pose that captures Henry's Superman better than this. Pose beats both the Sideshow 1/4 PF and the Queen 1/3.
  • Standard headsculpt looks to have been refined some to look a bit more determined rather than sad/hopeless as well as less gaunt and less textured
I do like it, but I don't think I love it nor does it seem this is worth the almost 5k this will end up costing once all is said and done with shipping and import taxes, so I will probably be cancelling unless I see in hand pics soon that change my mind. I'll just have to hold out hope that Queen will make one in the blue suit whether that's of the JL/BvS suit or (preferably) the Man of Steel stuit.

View attachment 694056

I'd suggest you are indeed correct to cancel. I don't write that suggestion because I necessarily agree with your points, but simply due to the fact that you're not convinced by the piece.

That said, I think this has turned out extremely well. I mean, if you were convinced by the prototype, then without a doubt, this piece delivers with practically zero compromise. I believe this is the definitive 1/3 Cavil Superman.

Regarding the topic of "it looks better in person" - while JND is stressing that point in the video, as a seasoned collector - we know this is true of ALL products, not just specifically JND. In hand photos are not going to be better than the advertising photos done by professionals in studio lighting....no way, and unfortunately, there really is a degree of gambling involved with buying these statues. I mean, gone are the days when you could walk into a bricks and mortar store, take a good look at a piece in person, and then decide to purchase - with everything going exclusively towards online virtual transactions - you have to rely on video, photos and a large slice of gut instinct.

• I'm still not a big fan of the heat vision sculpt. Queen/InArt did it better on their 1/3 and 1/6 respectively

View attachment 694056
I agree with everything you've said. While we were celebrating this piece back then, lot of things happened since then so excitement kinda faded and now we are facing the reality, is this truly worth of 5K? I don't know man. As a huge Cavill and Superman fan can't really justify tossing as much coin into something what doesn't blow us away. This is a beautiful piece indeed and pose is still very elegant and heroic, but InArt 1/6 gives me more excitement when I see it. I don't know I don't know. I have preordered via Specfiction, wish I could switch my NRD to Geralt which looks better imo. About the suit yea, shading is too intense on the blue version, they should have used more metallic paint to highlight definition instead of black ''painted on'' shades.

P.S. Presentation video is definitely weird, needs more closeups and detailed review.

If anyone knows what import code JND or the shipping service typically use for these that would be greatly appreciated, so I can try to calculate what I may be charged if anything should I go through with the order. I tried the “works of art” code in an online calculator and it shows 0% fees. That would be great if true, but not sure as I could’ve sworn I’ve seen ppl on the JND collector’s group mention having to pay import fees on their JND stuff in the US. I could be wrong though.

I'd suggest you are indeed correct to cancel. I don't write that suggestion because I necessarily agree with your points, but simply due to the fact that you're not convinced by the piece.
We’ll see. I’m not ruling it out completely just yet. Just initial feelings upon first watching.

However, I rewatched the video on my 4K tv and will admit that it looks much better there than it did on my phone 😅 plus it gave me somewhat an idea of the actual size which is also impressive. There’s still time to pay as I have until almost April to do so.

I'm still all in on this piece. I think it looks better than ever in the show and tell video. I really want the Trinity by JND so I can't just stop at Wonder Woman.

They did two Superman, hoping for two Batflecks, Knightmare and the Standard Suit. Both would be amazing!

I think it's a very good-looking piece. As a great representation of Snyder's Superman, it's not there.
The look of the suit will be very difficult to replicate in a solid material. I also think that's why they often go with fibre-like material on the capes. You don't often see solid capes on movie pieces. Quite hard to get it to look like cape material.

Yeah, it looks like it will command a lot of presence. The suit being painted doesn't bother me as much before, there looks enough interesting elements on it that it's worthy of being resin and painted. I think it has come out as the prototype aside from the hair - but to be honest, I wasn't expectant that we would get hair as evenly distributed and thinned like the prototype. The styling of the hair itself is incredibly well done. It's just a shame that it's as thick as it is - it's one of the elements that lets down Heath Ledger' Joker hair.

I'm more than happy enough to go through with the purchase. There's a lot there to be happy about. As much as the hair isn't thinned down the curvature and interlacing patterns of his hair from the side to the back is very, very well done. I can't imagine I'd get this piece in and regret it.

Originally the Black Suit, but I asked them to swap to the Blue and Red, I've got too many black costumes and the original suit pops too nicely to pass on it, just the single sculpt also.

You're black suit with extra sculpt?

Originally the Black Suit, but I asked them to swap to the Blue and Red, I've got too many black costumes and the original suit pops too nicely to pass on it, just the single sculpt also.

You're black suit with extra sculpt?
Currently have the blue with bust on order. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the heat vision sculpt, I prefer to have all options if they're available.

Legendary Jim Lee ! Sculpt looks way better there than in presentation video.
View attachment 694610
Definitely looks really good there! Even the 1/6 Bruce Wayne sculpt looks great in his other video.

My best friend convinced me to keep my PO on this, so I will be paying the balance soon :thud:

Here’s a pretty good screencap from the JND Collector’s group

IMG_1578.jpeg

Last edited:
Definitely looks really good there! Even the 1/6 Bruce Wayne sculpt looks great in his other video.

My best friend convinced me to keep my PO on this, so I will be paying the balance soon :thud:

View attachment 694709
Looks beautiful! However it looks more like unified Cavill Superman than specific JL version, this isn’t a bad thing at all. Cheers your best friend! Mine is always against of me spending such money on collectibles haha

I mean I’d love to have it, I’m not crazy about it but I’m sure in person it will be an impressive piece! However can’t really afford it rn, but I guess I have some extra time as I ordered it from Specfiction. Does anybody know how late Specfiction gets the stock? If I’ll have enough coin by then might toss, definitely won’t cancel my PO till the invoice comes, need to see in hand reviews first. I know my luck, this and Blitzway Geralt gonna hit at the same time lol

View attachment 694709
I think it turned out fantastic. I hope Reeve Superman will be even better than this one.

It came out really damn good tbh. I'm glad JND listened and made it better. Makes me confident and excited they'll do the same thing for their CR Superman😀.

Now... should I take advantage of my waitlist spot that just opened up with JND and purchase this statue or wait and see if it'll eventually go on sale at a retailer later down the road?🤔

Last edited:
It came really damn good tbh. I'm glad JND listened and made it better. Makes me confident and excited they'll do the same thing for their CR Superman😀.

Now... should I take advantage of my waitlist spot that just opened up with JND and purchase this statue or wait and see if it'll eventually go on sale at a retailer later down the road?🤔
Hard to tell, while there is a small group excited about this majority of the ppl don’t really care as Henry is gone from the role they jumped to another shiny thing. If you truly want it get it, if you aren’t sure wait I’m sure some retailers gonna be stuck with some stock.

I also got a question in the video bust is packed with the statue so how that gonna be organized, some ordered just a statue, some ordered just a bust, some ordered blue statue and black bust… new fear unlocked.

Hard to tell, while there is a small group excited about this majority of the ppl don’t really care as Henry is gone from the role they jumped to another shiny thing. If you truly want it get it, if you aren’t sure wait I’m sure some retailers gonna be stuck with some stock.
Agreed. I assume there will be stock left over once it starts shipping from places. Only reason to order one now is if you really want it and direct from JND
I also got a question in the video bust is packed with the statue so how that gonna be organized, some ordered just a statue, some ordered just a bust, some ordered blue statue and black bust… new fear unlocked.
Ideally one shouldn't have to worry about it. Sideshow has the same box for their regular editions as their exclusives. The regular editions just have an empty space where the additional exclusive item would be. I would image it would be the same for these statues from JND. If you got the regular, you'll just have empty spaces in the box where the bust, additional headsculpt and additional fists would be.

Back