Mando’s 1/6 ARAH Customs and Dio Shots

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I've been thinking of bashing a Airborne. haven't seen the right sculpt yet.

You and me both. Wasn't there a Windtalker figure by Dragon or BBI?

These next shots are old ones as Rock is back on the workbench for some upgrades. New body and an MG overhaul for starters. The original figure's gun is an interesting mashup of a german MG-42 and an M-60. The surfer turned machine gunner...

Machine Gunner CODENAME: Rock 'n Roll

RockNRoll2.jpg

RockNRoll1.jpg

RockNRoll.jpg

Did you get those elastics at Wal-Mart M, I still have to do my SS like yours?

Yep. They have lots of sizes, Ski. The leg ones are probably a 1/4 of an inch thick and the arm ones...I really couldn't say. I want to find something different eventually because you can't really weave the arm wraps without them looking far too bulky.

Mando's been teasing those Zartan boots for like ever. Reminds me of that hot girl in high school, who after a 3rd base makeout and half-crank, always stops and says, "I'm just not ready yet." :nana::lol

:rotfl

At least they're painted now. :D
I've gone around the bend with Z. Finally found a body I was really happy with only to wind up scrapping the chest armor I had and make a better one.

Oh, and I hated that girl.:lightsabe

Thread rated *****. In before someone is a jerk. :rock

Cheers, Deak! :duff

-----------------------------------------------------------

This next one is possibly my favorite to date, but to be honest I'm not a huge Bludd fan. I like Firefly and Zartan much more, but Bludd was the favorite character of a good Joe buddy of mine whom actually passed away this past May. This one took precedence over other projects at the time as I wanted to do a sort of homage to my friend and I'm greatful that he was able to see it before he went.

The helmet, torso armor, the rocket gun, and the required armor sleeve to use said gun are all assembled from scratch using various bits, styrene and a whole lot of apoxie sculpt. The cigarette holder was a sewing needle I sculpted over and is removeable.
Last but not least the decals are by EVILFACE. :rock
Tempted to add the green pants stripe but I'm just not a fan. If I revisit him again it'll be to add his signature sideburns from the comic.

Mercenary CODENAME: Major Bludd

16mjrBludd.jpg

16mjrBludd3.jpg

16mjrBludd2.jpg

16mjrBludd1.jpg

Bludddrk.jpg

Bludd3.jpg

Respect.jpg

RidingOut-1.jpg

Outrider.jpg

The cause for the "shawl" on the last two is my friend Craig used to use a later version of Bludd as his default and it featured a red shawl he'd repainted brown.

Fantastic Xander! Did you use a spare Jedi robe for the shawl? Also I'll be sending the package this week for our...secret non-JOE project! Dun, dun, dun...

Sweet Idea starting this thread Mando! :rock I love looking at your stuff..... Your Joe customs, that is. (Had to clarify before someone jumped on me there)

It's okay sweetheart. I like looking at MANDO's stuff too. His figures aren't bad on the eyes either. ;)

I think the scarf looks great. Nice addition.

Thanks, BG! :duff The look has really grown on me.

Awesome forced perspective shot! :rock:rock:rock

Glad you dig that one, Nam! I wanna try it again but with more Hisses. Trying to come up with something similar for Cutter too.

:clap Great shots, Bludd looks awesome! I really like the one with the troopers.

Thanks, Sci-Fi! :rock

Sweet Idea starting this thread Mando! :rock I love looking at your stuff..... Your Joe customs, that is. (Had to clarify before someone jumped on me there)

Thanks, Flosi, you fellow Joe-Bros really make this hobby that much better!:yess:

It's okay sweetheart. I like looking at MANDO's stuff too. His figures aren't bad on the eyes either. ;)

Those pictures aren't supposed to come out until next month's issue! :tap

Back