Man in the High Castle

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its pretty awesome, just wacky toward the end. Worth Watching

It's not like the ending came out of nowhere. You could tell from the very first projector tape (which showed the allies winning) that something was "off" about the world. In fact, all of the tapes showed events of WWII that never took place in the parallel reality of the show. I wouldn't be surprised if the Man in the High Castle is someone from our reality.

There's going to be a Season 2, by the way.

It's not like the ending came out of nowhere. You could tell from the very first projector tape (which showed the allies winning) that something was "off" about the world. In fact, all of the tapes showed events of WWII that never took place in the parallel reality of the show. I wouldn't be surprised if the Man in the High Castle is someone from our reality.

There's going to be a Season 2, by the way.

I assumed Hitler was TMitHC from the end based on the setting and him having the collection of films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good points, guys.......and I agree with Solidus: the ending was not totally unexpected. I also think Hitler was the 'man in the HC' but maybe I'm offbase?

The show's definitely got a strange "Matrix" thing going on. As for the "Man in the High Castle", the creator of the show, Frank Spotnitz, mentioned that he wouldn't reveal his identity in Season 1. I'm guessing that Hitler received the projector tapes (from someone in our reality?), and planned accordingly with the information he had.

The Nazis were involved in some strange tech experiments in WWII, and they even dabbled in the Occult. It's quite possible that the show's alluding to something they did. Perhaps they developed a time machine and saw into the future...

I got 4 episodes in and had to bail. I just found it rather boring. From what I'd read about the show, I was expecting something that looked more like Wolfenstein or Red Skull's Hydra labs. I'd always been interested in alt-history, and playing with concepts like Hitler being obsessed with occult artifacts. So, seeing the show, and having it look rather normal was not what I was expecting, nor wanting to watch.

The reveal at the end of the first episode was enough to keep me watching, but by the end of four, I felt like the woman, who seems like she is the main character, had no agency (if I'm using that term properly). Everyone else around here was making choices and guiding the story, but I felt like you could remove her from the story completely and it would progress exactly the same.

On top of that, the way the show is shot, the cinematography I suppose, makes it look like a Lifetime or Hallmark movie. The scenes just kind of have a muted color pallette with gold and brown tones, with kind of a hazy look to it, similar to how the first two Harry Potter movies look compared to the rest of the series. It's just not a visually appealing show.

"No sir, I didn't like it"

I got 4 episodes in and had to bail. I just found it rather boring. From what I'd read about the show, I was expecting something that looked more like Wolfenstein or Red Skull's Hydra labs. I'd always been interested in alt-history, and playing with concepts like Hitler being obsessed with occult artifacts. So, seeing the show, and having it look rather normal was not what I was expecting, nor wanting to watch.

The reveal at the end of the first episode was enough to keep me watching, but by the end of four, I felt like the woman, who seems like she is the main character, had no agency (if I'm using that term properly). Everyone else around here was making choices and guiding the story, but I felt like you could remove her from the story completely and it would progress exactly the same.

On top of that, the way the show is shot, the cinematography I suppose, makes it look like a Lifetime or Hallmark movie. The scenes just kind of have a muted color pallette with gold and brown tones, with kind of a hazy look to it, similar to how the first two Harry Potter movies look compared to the rest of the series. It's just not a visually appealing show.

"No sir, I didn't like it"

Juliana's main goal in the first season, was trying to find out if her sister, Trudy, was still alive. All of the characters are pretty much in over their heads, about things they don't truly understand about the world they live in. I think you brushed this series off way too easily.

Last edited:
I thought the series was very interesting. I'm not sure it was completely compelling and definitely not exciting but it was extremely interesting. The cinematography and set dressing was excellent IMO. I have to disagree with ya SwedishHeat, to me, it was crazy well done. I am Japanese and a lot of it felt very authentic for that time and what could have been given the circumstances. My only issue was how it ended and I'm not sure if I like it or hate it to be honest. I suppose they could very easily do a season 2 which I'm guessing is the plan. I'm actually surprised how short this discussion thread is.

Watched the second episode last night, and I'm really enjoying this so far.
Has anybody read the book? How close is this supposed to be to the source material?

Finally had time to get back to this, and god do I hate Frank...
His character is just such a wuss.
Puts everybody in danger, stands for nothing. I do hope somebody executes his sorry ass.

I finished this mess yesterday. One word can sum it up... dreadful. I think the only way this was greenlighted was because Ridley Scott's name was attached to it.

To say the pace was snail like is an understatement, long pauses between dialogue, and endlessly long shots with nothing happening is the norm for this series.

I for one will not be watching the second season because I don't care about the characters and I don't care about the story. I just wish I could have those 10

hours back that wasted watching this go nowhere piece of crap. I should have bailed like SwedishHeat did. If you're in the middle of this series, please just stop

watching this and save yourself some time... This series goes no where.

Back