Making a Murderer Netflix series.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also pretty sure the cat thing was mentioned specifically in the documentary. Sure, the guy deserved at least a few years for that, but not 18.

Where did you read he had the intent to rape the woman he put at gunpoint? That's completely made up. The woman was one of his family members. Even if all those things didn't have any explanation to them, like Zod said, it doesn't prove anything besides that he is a weird red neck.

Sorry I got some of the crimes and sentences wrong.

That cat killing was much earlier, and the six years he served was for the threatening his cousin at gunpoint, what his intent was isn't really relevant at this point, but the he did threaten her at gunpoint, which he was sentenced to six years, which he served concurrently for that first crime that he was falsely accused of.

I think the point is, overall the documentary left out a number of things that had a large impact on how Avery was portrayed. Had they put all those things in, the documentary wouldn't have been as compelling and you might have a more nuanced case. Avery would've been portrayed as a crazy redneck obsessed with this woman, rather than the backwoods simpleton that we saw.

I think you misinterpreted what he said, as I remember one or both specifically saying they believed he was innocent. They "hope he did it" because of the obvious failure of the whole justice system to come up with a fair case against Avery. I never got a sense from either one of them that they thought they were defending a guilty person.

Possibly, but that's not how it came off to me. I don't think he would say that if he was sure Avery was innocent. "I wish he did it" would be more like it. But again - we're watching selected footage filtered through filmmakers and media presenting their own interpretation. Having read as much as I could outside of the doc, I still think they got the right guy. And I also think I could be wrong.

Either way, the doc does illustrate the gross corruption in the local PD.

Brendan Dassey Got conviction overturned

A US federal judge has overturned the murder conviction of Brendan Dassey, whose case was examined in Netflix's popular Making a Murderer documentary.
Following the ruling by the judge in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Dassey, 26, will be released within 90 days, unless the state decides to retry him.
Dassey and his uncle Steven Avery were convicted of murdering young woman Teresa Hallbach in 2005.
Dassey, who was 16 at the time, and Avery were sentenced to life in prison.

Brendan Dassey Got conviction overturned

A US federal judge has overturned the murder conviction of Brendan Dassey, whose case was examined in Netflix's popular Making a Murderer documentary.
Following the ruling by the judge in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Dassey, 26, will be released within 90 days, unless the state decides to retry him.
Dassey and his uncle Steven Avery were convicted of murdering young woman Teresa Hallbach in 2005.
Dassey, who was 16 at the time, and Avery were sentenced to life in prison.

That's good news. Too bad it took so long for someone to see some sense.

justice system is laughable that it took this freaking long. He should have never been in there in the first place. He should sue, but he's surrounded by so many idiots, he could prolly never win. I still don't think Avery did it either.

That's good news. Too bad it took so long for someone to see some sense.

It's been awhile since I seen the series but isn't his involvement still ambiguous to say the least? Yes, he was coaxed into a confession and had egregious legal representation but didn't the series suggest that he may still have been involved to a degree? I felt so bad for the boy that I want him to be innocent but I'm hesitant in saying it's good news.

It's been awhile since I seen the series but isn't his involvement still ambiguous to say the least? Yes, he was coaxed into a confession and had egregious legal representation but didn't the series suggest that he may still have been involved to a degree? I felt so bad for the boy that I want him to be innocent but I'm hesitant in saying it's good news.

If I recall there wasn't any physical evidence that he had anything to do with the murder. His cousin admitted on the stand that she lied about what he said at a party and the police got the answers they wanted when they questioned him without an adult present. His first attorney basically had his "investigator" coerce him into a confession without the attorney present. If he wanted to get restitution, he could probably fight for it with the right attorney, but I'll be surprised if he does.

If I recall there wasn't any physical evidence that he had anything to do with the murder. His cousin admitted on the stand that she lied about what he said at a party and the police got the answers they wanted when they questioned him without an adult present. His first attorney basically had his "investigator" coerce him into a confession without the attorney present. If he wanted to get restitution, he could probably fight for it with the right attorney, but I'll be surprised if he does.

I don't think he had anything to do with the murder but we don't know if he participated in the rape though. He said himself he was there to his mother numerous times over the phone.

Yeah, that kid was coerced by investigators without his parents being there. They basically put the words in his mouth and told him to shake his head "yes". There was never any evidence found anywhere in the supposed crime scene so all they have is a boy of limited intelligence telling them what they wanted to hear.

I don't think he had anything to do with the murder but we don't know if he participated in the rape though. He said himself he was there to his mother numerous times over the phone.

what rape? There is 0 evidence that pointed to a rape happening. The boy said it did, but it's extremely obvious he made that up, and since he's out, what does that say about their case against Avery? They had so much riding on the boys confession cause the other "evidence" is shaky at best. From what I recall, besides the keys, there isn't a shred of physical evidence that put the woman killed in Avery's place.

Based on the doc and all the info I've read outside the doc my gut still says Avery did it. And I am not positive Dassey wasn't involved to some degree. But if he was I believe he was coerced or intimidated by Avery. Considering his mental capacity I'm glad he's being released, either way. If there's one thing absolutely clear in the doc it's that this kid was mercilessly taken advantage of.

Back