Major Season Four Doctor Who Casting News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard this on the radio at work and since she left ive been the only one who was adament that she would not return, still good to see her back.

Her and Martha together should be very interesting! And throw Cap'n Jack in there - they could just do an entire episode inside the Tardis and it would be well worth watching.

Her and Martha together should be very interesting! And throw Cap'n Jack in there - they could just do an entire episode inside the Tardis and it would be well worth watching.

I would most definitly watch that episode. I'm conflicted, at first I really like Rose. Then I really liked Martha, I think that I like Martha a little more. She's a little smarter and I think the character is written a little better. YOu don't need a mother and a boyfriend to compliment a character like Martha like you did with Rose.

Sweet, now my wife can start watching again. She's been on a Who boycott since Rose left. She can't stand Martha but "will give Donna a chance."

As for me, I like Rose, but I'm more interested in seeing the Doctor when he is reunited. Murray Gold will have beautiful music for sure. Get those hanky's ready!

I much prefer Martha too - she's smarter, more independent, hotter...

But I liked Rose okay and what they did with their relationship was excellent - I think the two of them together will make it all worthwhile though.

I STILL have yet to watch an episode of this series.
I really want to check it out.

Even though I preferred Martha this is great news. I also think it makes it very apparent that the BBC are trying to appease all the fans that were angry with the Tate woman returning as a full time assistant. Along with Martha being in a few episodes both Captain Jack & now Rose are returning and IMO it makes Donna's character even more redundant. The reunion scene should be very emotional though and whatever crap we have to put up with from Tate during series 4 I'm looking forward to seeing Rose's return.

Dave, please forgive me for what I am about to do. Please do not give me an infraction. Please?

:chew ROSE IS BACK! :chew ROSE IS BACK! :chew ROSE IS BACK! :chew ROSE IS BACK! :chew ROSE IS BACK! :chew ROSE IS BACK! :chew ROSE IS BACK!:chew ROSE IS BACK!

So excited. Now I demand I get a new neutral Rose figure.

I STILL have yet to watch an episode of this series.
I really want to check it out.

Oh man, you really are missing one of the best shows on. Too bad the seasons are only 13 episodes :monkey2 Is that standard in UK?

I just wanna know the reasoning for bringing her back, storywise. In Army of Ghosts, the doctor made it clear that he couldn't get back to that reality, that the bridged was sealed forever. I think it must involve someone from her reality coming to ours, rather than the doctor getting her back. and YES, BRING BACK CAPTAIN JACK. If there were no Torchwood, I would much rather have him as a sidekick. Ah hell, have him do both, I have no problem with that. Anybody know when Season 2 of Torchwood airs in UK? (sorry to change subjects)

Yes 13 seem to be the norm in the UK. Torchwood is slated to air January. And also it seems like all the new series companions will be back at some point this season. I just cannot wait to find out what brings Rose back!

Yes 13 seem to be the norm in the UK. Torchwood is slated to air January. And also it seems like all the new series companions will be back at some point this season. I just cannot wait to find out what brings Rose back!

:rock:rock:rock:rock Hopefully it's something...I can't even think of a way for her to come back. Hopefully she will be back on the planet of the Ood, that would make me laugh.

I'm guessing it has something to do with some sort of "imprint" that remains within the TARDIS. That could explain her return and eventual exit.

I dunno, strong rumor is that Davros is the classic big bad this season, and if Davros is back it may have something to do with altering time. Rumors also indicate that RTD said this years finale would be fanwanky so who knows. However I'm starting to think this thread might be better merged with the main Doctor Who discussion in a bit. :lol

I heard the Davros thing too. I hope they start getting away from classic baddies. I love 'em and all, but it's time for some "new" classics. If all these baddies can survive the Time War, why can't the other Time Lords? And if the Time Lords come back, why did I waste my time caring about the lonely Doctor who lost everything in the War. I think(hope) they have something better planned.

That said, RTD and company haven't let me down yet.

I dunno, strong rumor is that Davros is the classic big bad this season, and if Davros is back it may have something to do with altering time. Rumors also indicate that RTD said this years finale would be fanwanky so who knows. However I'm starting to think this thread might be better merged with the main Doctor Who discussion in a bit. :lol

Yea, we kinda got off topic didn't we? Ah, well.
smiley.gif
smiley.gif

What do you mean all the new series companions will be back? There's Rose and then there's Martha - or do you mean Rose's crew - Mickey, Mom, Dad?

From what I know in Series 4 we will have Donna, Rose, Martha and Jack. Still no word on Mickey or the Tylers. But so far we have the major companions back and confirmed by the Beeb.

What do you mean all the new series companions will be back? There's Rose and then there's Martha - or do you mean Rose's crew - Mickey, Mom, Dad?

Rose and Martha are the major companions in the series but there are a number of sub companions. Bascially anybody that's travelled with the Doctor for a couple of episodes in the Tardis counts as a companion. So you've also got Mickey, Captain Jack, Donna (or you will have by that time). Rose's mum might be a bit of a stretch as a companion as she only had one trip in the Tardis and it was by mistake.

There's a rumour in the British tabloids (and it's just a rumour) to suggest that the season finale will see the Doctor, Martha, Rose, Captain Jack, Sarah Jane Smith and K9 team up against the Master, Davros and the Daleks, but quite how this works I'm not sure. The newspaper in question is known for BS but it also reported that Rose was coming back a few weeks ago and look how that turned out.

Guess we'll see:D

Back