Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tom Baker (Maroon Season 18)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom was really unique and fantastic. He really was the doctor. But all the doctor are equally great nonetheless : )

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Well so much for the regular edition being cheaper. Guess I should have realized with the additional portrait it would be quite a bit more than the others.
Well it was never supposed to be cheaper or at the same price of the other. You should check big chief website when a pre order goes up, if you dont pre order from them, look at the normal price excluding taxes, convert it in dollar, and it will be more or less the price on sideshow :)

Yes but thats not how big chief works anymore (at least for the 3rd and 4th doctor). Before they had one figure with a signature that was more expensive. But since last summer with the 3rd doctor they offer a signature edition with a special cheaper price for a few weeks and then a limited edition at the normal price and without any pre order bonus. So now its way cheaper to buy in full or by payment plan on big chief website (wish they extend that to deposit its not always possible to pay in full and i dont like their payment since you can only pay in 4 times ) because after that you have to pay the figure more expensive and without any pre order bonus.

And clearly the second head and the outfit is the reason of the price. The signature is just a little bonus. Even if they would never have offer it it would still have been at that price

It?s not just an extra head. Both heads that come with this figure have articulated eyes. That?s mainly what pushed the price point up higher.

Saw they put k9 up and with hat stand bonus. Looks good. Still unsure about the tom baker sculpt that's in one of his photos. Looks off, but maybe it was an older stulpt

K9 looks nice and I want it but its going to $300 Canadian shipped, way, way too expensive for a hunk of plastic with basic paint and little artication. Easy pass.

I find the hat stand an interesting bonus. Might be wishful thinking, but it does make me wonder if a console might be on the way...

As for the tin dog, I grabbed a K-9, but I had to think about it, especially as I have a custom I'm happy with. To be honest they were lucky I had already paid off all my other pre-orders, because if funds were tighter I might have passed... and Who wise I'm about as close to a guaranteed sale as it gets. K-9 feels a little overpriced, I'm personally disappointed there was no John Leeson signature plaque included, and if I had my druthers I would have preferred the original Mark 1 version instead (not that the differences are exactly huge). Still, it is what it is.

Also, given the price on this, I'm a little nervous about just how much their planned Daleks are going to cost...

K9 looks nice and I want it but its going to $300 Canadian shipped, way, way too expensive for a hunk of plastic with basic paint and little artication. Easy pass.

I want it too but with the UK now having left the European union i'll have to curtail my figure buying directly from BCS and try pick them up from European sellers.
VAT and customs along with the exchange rate is now just way too much!

I have only the 3rd and Deluxe 4th Dr's on pre-order with BC...but will now have to fork out a big chunk more on both of them :(

Dont worry you won't have to pay more (if your are in Europe anyway). There is not custom fee from the UK to Europe. We just have to pay the vat now. But since we pay the price without it at the end we pay the same thing. And for figures already paid they will ship them as vat already paid so no problem.

I agree he is way too overpriced. Even if he seems well made, in resin and with good functionalities. But there isnt any sound and signature from John Leeson. I would have gladly bought him even with lights pr anything for half the price.

Dont worry you won't have to pay more (if your are in Europe anyway). There is not custom fee from the UK to Europe. We just have to pay the vat now. But since we pay the price without it at the end we pay the same thing. And for figures already paid they will ship them as vat already paid so no problem.

Not here in Ireland i'm afraid...we won't have to pay the UK VAT, but once it reaches Irish shores VAT along with custom fees for anything over 150 Euro will be added...

Not here in Ireland i'm afraid...we won't have to pay the UK VAT, but once it reaches Irish shores VAT along with custom fees for anything over 150 Euro will be added...
Ho i didn't know that.. it sucks. There is a few website in Europe proposing big chief figures but you lose every advantage to order directly from them.. That what i was afraid before the deal was made especialy for order already paid. You should maybe contact them to cancel with full refund ? Its not their fault but i would hate to have to pay custom like that

I have this on pre-order, but am starting to wonder if I really want it. The season 13 Tom is on my shelf and that's my favorite outfit for him.

To be completely honest, I'm rewatching Doctor Who and think season 18 sucks, except for State of Decay. This is making it really hard to justify the price for a figure in an outfit I'm not thrilled about from a season that is Tom Baker's worst.

What are your opinions? Should I keep it or let it go?

Keep. The costume is amazing. If you have a 1980 Police Box, he will look amazing. K-9? Same story.

Back