Major bummer on buying a $370 figure from Goodshipped

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydeous

Apprentice
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So I bought a nokia enterbay from Leo (Goodshipped) last week, and I just received the package after a tiring few days of going to the customs trying to retrive the package.

And I found out that for a $370USD, the figure was packed very poorly:banghead

Using only paper and some thin whiteboard:

IMG_7436.jpg

And since it was shipped not using EMS, but a cheaper option, it was stacked and thrown carelessly in the post office, resulting a dents on the corners of the box, and a big tear in the box:

IMG_7437.jpg

And thats not even all, theres even a crack on the figure stand:

IMG_7441.jpg

Also, for those who have this figure, is the head a bit wobbly compared to the ETD bruce? The screw on the head is different from my ETD Bruce too:

IMG_7443.jpg

I hope goodshipped will respond here, seeing that it took him 3-4 days to reply my email:monkey2

For a $370USD figure, I'd expect the figure to be packaged well. I just expect for a bubble wrap, on the figure box and put it on a second outer box, just like what clot master and the other sellers has been doing. For a guy that have so many good feedbacks and so many people here vouching for him, it really got me confused:google

The godfather, and now this. I'm not having a lot of luck this week from buying figures:banghead:banghead:monkey2

Hey man, yeah i just got my narrow TT from him, which was also very poorly packed. Just barely wrapped in brown paper, that didn't even cover all the way around, and was lifting off all along the bottom. Left feedback as such. Which is weird, he usually is pretty alright in packing (not the best, but good), and has been in the past. For 50US shipping etc, should be wrapped in bloody gold! lol

Hey man, yeah i just got my narrow TT from him, which was also very poorly packed. Just barely wrapped in brown paper, that didn't even cover all the way around, and was lifting off all along the bottom. Left feedback as such. Which is weird, he usually is pretty alright in packing (not the best, but good), and has been in the past. For 50US shipping etc, should be wrapped in bloody gold! lol

True, I normally like to have my box and fig mint condition. And mine is a $370USD figure, I didnt think he was gonna spare some expenses and just use brown paper and thin white board to sloppily wrapped and ship it just like that.

I cant speak for everyone, but $370 is not a small amount of money for me to shell out, especially for a damaged and poorly packed figure. I would be leaving appropriate feedback, once goodshipped has responded to me. I'd like the guy to at least say something and hear him out.

:monkey2

I am beginning to believe that this is a normal practice overseas.

I've had 4 packages from 4 different sellers that were packed identically to yours. No box just paper and some thin pieces of foam. I complained to paypal and ebay but it got me nowhere. :(

Good luck I hope you get something back. That sucks.

Holy crap he's still using that crappy styrofoam packaging? I ordered a couple Narrow Truetypes from him when they were first released in HK, and the packaging "box" the TTs arrived in was crushed. Like Blakus said, it was just fragile styrofoam and brown paper.

Fortunately, the TTs were unharmed and I didn't really care about the actual TT packaging (who would?), but I shot him a message on ebay anyway. I just suggested that he used better packaging materials. The next day he replied acknowledging what I said.

I guess he never got around to changing it. I'm fairly leery of buying stuff from Goodshipped after that. Sucks what happened to you, Hydeous, but I think Enterbay is partially to blame for the actual issues with the figure and stand.

No, I used clot master and hkapestore, both seller uses bubble wrap on the figure box, and then a brown outer box with news paper stuffed inside so that the inner figure box dont move around. This is how I ship my figures too.

It just surprises me that the guy get so many feedbacks and vouches from a lot of people when this is the way he packs?

Well, he should have checked the figure, stands etc, before shipping right? Since it was clearly stated that the figure was new, and the box wasnt sealed anyways. Otherwise, Id just start putting broken figures that I have and list them on ebay as NEW. Then when the buyers complain, I'll just tell them to take it up to HT or EB. Do you think this is fair?

No, I used clot master and hkapestore, both seller uses bubble wrap on the figure box, and then a brown outer box with news paper stuffed inside so that the inner figure box dont move around. This is how I ship my figures too.

It just surprises me that the guy get so many feedbacks and vouches from a lot of people when this is the way he packs?

Well, he should have checked the figure, stands etc, before shipping right? Since it was clearly stated that the figure was new, and the box wasnt sealed anyways. Otherwise, Id just start putting broken figures that I have and list them on ebay as NEW. Then when the buyers complain, I'll just tell them to take it up to HT or EB. Do you think this is fair?

Yeah, all sellers should do that, but I doubt most of them do. I'm just saying, that Enterbay is partially to blame for the maladies you've encountered with the figure and display stand themselves.

Yeah, true. But if he had checked it when he first got it in the first place. Then he wouldn't get a complain from his buyer now, would he. And as a business customer satisfaction is extremely crucial. I know he prolly will still have a bunch of buyers, but his credibility in my book is already 0, and he lost me as a customer.

I don't normally like to complain, but this is just unacceptable. Especially for a figure that cost an arm. I'm really disappointed with with this transaction, and the way he responds his email is not helping either (3-4 days to reply an email).

Ordering from overseas I always count on the packaging being damaged. I've had pretty good luck, but even ABC-express, who claims "bulletproof" packaging, only puts a box in a box. But in probably 40 packages I think only one crumpled figure box.

Yeah, true. But if he had checked it when he first got it in the first place. Then he wouldn't get a complain from his buyer now, would he. And as a business customer satisfaction is extremely crucial. I know he prolly will still have a bunch of buyers, but his credibility in my book is already 0, and he lost me as a customer.

I don't normally like to complain, but this is just unacceptable. Especially for a figure that cost an arm. I'm really disappointed with with this transaction, and the way he responds his email is not helping either (3-4 days to reply an email).

Well if he intends on continuing to use crappy styrofoam for packaging, you should bombard the threads he makes with photos of your beaten and broken packaging.

Hope everything works out for you, bro.

Ordering from overseas I always count on the packaging being damaged. I've had pretty good luck, but even ABC-express, who claims "bulletproof" packaging, only puts a box in a box. But in probably 40 packages I think only one crumpled figure box.

Does ABC-Express use any other packaging materials to protect the item? Is it really just a box in a box? I've never actually purchased anything from them yet.

A box in a box is good enough for me. I'm not expecting a friggin bullet proof or hard plastic box here, I'm just asking a standard box in box here. Had he put it in another brown outer box and, God forbid, it was crushed or something, I wouldn't put the blame on him as he's done his part of the deal.
But the fact that he shipped it in those thin styrofoam and wrap it in brown paper for such an expensive figure, and resulting dents and rips on the figure box is just unacceptable.

Well if he intends on continuing to use crappy styrofoam for packaging, you should bombard the threads he makes with photos of your beaten and broken packaging.

Hope everything works out for you, bro.

Thanks mate.

I'd just give it a day or two and see what he has to say bout this, and what he have in mind to resolve this. If not, then I'll just leave an appropriate feedback regarding this transaction.

I also buy allsorts from the US and with me being in the UK the packaging has to be really good to cross the pond with the item not being damaged.

If you want excellent packing and perfect service, go to this guy:
https://www.razorsedgecollectibles.com/catalog/

I've been buying from Mike for many years and have yet to received a damaged items, a worn outer shipper box from the postal worker perhaps but thats it the inner item is never touched. His packaging of items is literally the best I have ever seen.

Sorry this happened mate, hope something gets worked out :duff
x :peace

Last edited:
ouch!

to think you were so excited over nokia bruce. the condition and the packaging is appalling!

i bought mine from toyzone4u..and it was well packaged and the item was in mint condition.

hope you able to get a refund from him

Thanks guys. Funny, 2 pages already and he hasn't responded yet. I even sent him a link already. Well, at least that shows how serious he's taking this problem.

Btw chouzi, is the screw on the head of your nokia bruce like the pic I posted as well?

Holy crap he's still using that crappy styrofoam packaging? I ordered a couple Narrow Truetypes from him when they were first released in HK, and the packaging "box" the TTs arrived in was crushed. Like Blakus said, it was just fragile styrofoam and brown paper.

Fortunately, the TTs were unharmed and I didn't really care about the actual TT packaging (who would?), but I shot him a message on ebay anyway. I just suggested that he used better packaging materials. The next day he replied acknowledging what I said.

I guess he never got around to changing it. I'm fairly leery of buying stuff from Goodshipped after that. Sucks what happened to you, Hydeous, but I think Enterbay is partially to blame for the actual issues with the figure and stand.

I didn't even have any foam, just brown paper, that's it :horror

In my modest opinion, a bad packaging is the best friend for try to sell a broken figure and this way it looks like broken in the shipment (I means that the figure was broken before ship) This happens to me with a few sellers on ebay :mad::mad::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks guys. Funny, 2 pages already and he hasn't responded yet. I even sent him a link already. Well, at least that shows how serious he's taking this problem.
Do not be too impatient. Just because he hasn't replied yet does not mean he is not taking it seriously. Not everyone visits the Forum on a daily basis even with a link to a thread, I would give him a few days at least.
x :peace

Last edited:
I think you being a little harsh on him.
His shipping is a very low price, and if you're worried about box damage maybe you should contact him
Even boxes get damaged from Sideshow, just look at Pitu's Readyness kit
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/vAzY5G5qw88&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/vAzY5G5qw88&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back