Major bummer on buying a $370 figure from Goodshipped

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In all fairness, the pics that were posted are def. pics of a bad packing job. a handmade box of thin styro with paper wrapped around it is no way to ship.

I am beginning to believe that this is a normal practice overseas.

DEFINITELY not the case. You must just have bad luck.

It is poor packaging, which my narrow TT was whan I ordered from him, but perhaps this could have been kept a private matter between you and Leo though? Through PMs and e-mails.

I bought a fairly expensive Medi figure from HK once and it arrived simply wrapped in paper. The paper was very pretty, though.

Good luck getting some satisfaction! I've never bought from them but it sounds like they need to change their user name.

It is poor packaging, which my narrow TT was whan I ordered from him, but perhaps this could have been kept a private matter between you and Leo though? Through PMs and e-mails.

:lecture I do have to agree despite my one-time experience above. I've gotten much, much, much, much MUCH worse packaging from US Ebay sellers, in general, than from overseas.

I have never bought from this particular seller before but from the pictures, I feel for you because such sloppy packaging is definitely no way to send an expensive product to a customer. What we are buying from these sellers are collectibles and the box itself contributed a fair bit to the price and value of the product. Thus to receive a box and product in such poor conditions as a result of bad or sloppy packaging is simply not acceptable.

From the other examples posted in this thread, it certainly IS CORRECT.

Maybe you've just had good luck. :monkey3

I used to order TONS of Takara Transformers from overseas but I had to stop due to poor shipping like this. I'd rather buy from a US based seller and pay higher prices. At least I know that the items will arrive in good shape.

Sorry to hear your problem.

I know Leo, and I'm sure he will be in touch with you.

But when I ship figs out, I send them in a way how I expect to get them!! maybe thats the way some sellers need to approach the packaging.

From the other examples posted in this thread, it certainly IS CORRECT.

Maybe you've just had good luck. :monkey3

But you said you are starting to think it is normal practice, which is obviously not the case if my eBay sellers pack well for the same price on standard shipping.

And since it was shipped not using EMS, but a cheaper option, it was stacked and thrown carelessly in the post office

Same method of shipping, goes in the same cargo plane as all other companies.

Using cheaper option dont mean cheaper service. parcels still take the same knocks and bangs along with other EMS, UPS, DHL etc etc.

I know this as I worked for the big three over the years UPS, DHL and FedEx

Sometimes I go out to give the courier a hand on unloading, at times the back of the van is neatly stacked and other times its just piled on as it was thrown on.

Its just luck..

A few months back I received a Hot Toys Silken Floss from an eBay seller based in Japan. The figure was packed exactly like this. I was surprised, especially for a high end/price collectible. Luckily there was no damage, which was an even bigger surprise with it coming all the way from Japan.

I've got no problems with Leo. However you buy overseas, and i include the U.S too, its a bit of a lottery how things are packed. Tough luck with the BR you bought, but send Leo an email and settle it property rather than ^^^^^ about it and start a hate campaign. Threads like these are so irritating...SORRY!

I doubt that tear was due to shipping. It was probably there before shipping took place. For that to happen, someone had to open it up and made that tear section.

And since it was shipped not using EMS, but a cheaper option, it was stacked and thrown carelessly in the post office, resulting a dents on the corners of the box, and a big tear in the box:

IMG_7437.jpg

it's funny how some people/sellers/store owners think the condition of the packaging isn't important, before or after shipping, when spending hundreds of dollars on an item.

Double boxing should be a requirement.

I ordered from goodshipped the truetype body from the godfather figure, and my friend ordered a tt body from a two face figure. His arrived with a knee joint problem, with one peg of the leg being a different colour and at the arm it had a little glue. Mine arrived with a broken leg and the neck joint slightly raised. What i want to ask is, are those figures (or parts) mint new, or what's the deal?

Regarding communication with him, i must say it was good, answered after a few days and offered a replacement if i send the body back (which was out of question, shipping to him being too high, and that sucks to pay 25 bucks because you got a bad figure). But he was responsive, and that at least made me feel better.

I emailed good shipped 2 times asking him about the nokia enterbay. He Never got back to me.:angelsmil

Its a bummer they didn't reinforce the packaging. Ive ordered plenty of 12" figures overseas that were packaged like this and never had a problem, but then again they had smaller packaging and werent over $300.

It sucks that the seller didnt take this precaution but at the same time you have responsibility as a buyer to choose a shipping option that's appropriate to the value of the goods. Not going EMS was a bad call

Not going EMS was a bad call

Makes no difference, all comes over the same way. just the only way thats different is the end (who ever is delivering it)

Hope this dont turn into a hate thread on Leo as he's a good guy!

Leo runs a shop as well as an ebay account so give him time!

By the way, I dont work for Leo, I can even call him my competitor!!

I have had cases delivered by Enterbay, 3A and my HT suppler, there is always one box that I'm not happy with (usually keep for myself!). Dent here, rip here and in one case pierced box!!.

Its just luck of the draw.

Back