Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what a sculpt it is! :rock

That's one I could see myself getting. For me (just an opinion), it's the Phoenix to own.

It looks fantastic. I was able to pick up the green XM Phoenix not that long ago. I'm very happy with her and that'll be the only 1/4 Phoenix in my collection.

It looks fantastic. I was able to pick up the green XM Phoenix not that long ago. I'm very happy with her and that'll be the only 1/4 Phoenix in my collection.

To be fair, that looks great too. Nothing against it.

It seems like XM just keeps getting better and better - that's the case will a lot of companies though.

Seriously doubt XM will ever do that. Think your best bet is to get it repainted by a pro which will probably run you 600$-800$ (possibly more) depending on who you get to do it.

Yar, just wishing...not like they'll put a SS Dark Phoenix with a Green Phoenix down the road :pray:

No, XM will never do variant or repainted statues. If they decide to do another version of a character, they will do all new sculpts. Magneto, Cap, and Phoenix are proof of that. With Phoenix, all they needed to do is a simple repaint to do a Dark Phoenix variant. Obviously, XM is true to their word and gave us a whole new sculpt for their Dark Phoenix release.

I passed on the Green Phoenix cause i felt the face sculpt wasn't desirable. And I have a Bowen Phoenix (out of the water). Then I pulled the trigger on the XM Dark Phoenix when it was released in STGCC 17. Hope the Bird is detachable as its quite high. Then came across SS's Green Phoenix variant. That 300 es triggered impulse buy instantly. dang! Well, Phoneix is one of my favourite charaters. And the upcoming X Men movie is not helping either.:slap

I passed on the Green Phoenix cause i felt the face sculpt wasn't desirable. And I have a Bowen Phoenix (out of the water). Then I pulled the trigger on the XM Dark Phoenix when it was released in STGCC 17. Hope the Bird is detachable as its quite high. Then came across SS's Green Phoenix variant. That 300 es triggered impulse buy instantly. dang! Well, Phoneix is one of my favourite charaters. And the upcoming X Men movie is not helping either.:slap

I don't think you can wrong with any of those. I'm definitely jealous you have Dark Phoenix on PO.

I loved everything about the XM green Phoenix except the head sculpts. The sculpts were only OK looking when compared to sideshow's Phoenix (and DP) head sculpts. However, the custom ElMule head sculpt for the XM Phoenix was a game changer for me. I absolutely loved it and will display it with that portrait full time once it's painted and I get it back. That said, you can't go wrong with any of the Phoenix statues you mentioned. They all look great.

I loved everything about the XM green Phoenix except the head sculpts. The sculpts were only OK looking when compared to sideshow's Phoenix (and DP) head sculpts. However, the custom ElMule head sculpt for the XM Phoenix was a game changer for me. I absolutely loved it and will display it with that portrait full time once it's painted and I get it back. That said, you can't go wrong with any of the Phoenix statues you mentioned. They all look great.

The heads on the the XM were the worst I've seen on many a statue

The heads on the the XM were the worst I've seen on many a statue

Seeing them in hand they aren't that bad but they certainly didn't do anything for me when she went up for PO. That's why I dragged my feet on picking her up. Once the ElMule portrait came out, I knew I was in business. That made my decision to buy the XM Phoenix a slam dunk for me. If the ElMule portrait never happened, I would have got the EX Dark Phoenix PF and have her repainted to the green costume. Not having the EX DP portrait wouldn't have been an option for me. That was the best portrait for the green PF but wasn't offered. Either way, getting the exact Phoenix that I wanted felt like getting my teeth pulled. There were just no easy options. I'm just glad the ElMule portrait got made and opened the door to the Phoenix I wanted in my collection.

Some of XM face sculpts expression was kind of 'soulless'. But the overall quality were top notch. I look forward to your pics of the custom head with the XM Phoenix once its ready.

Some of XM face sculpts expression was kind of 'soulless'. But the overall quality were top notch. I look forward to your pics of the custom head with the XM Phoenix once its ready.

It's going to be a while unfortunately. The guy I'm using is always pretty busy and he lives in Montecito California. The fires ravaged his area a few months ago. Then shortly aftet that was taken care of, the area got hit with flooding rain and massive mud slides. Poor guy had to evacuate his home twice and stay at a hotel with his family. He's got to hope mother nature gives his area a break so he can get his life back together. Luckily his home and family are all intact and healthy. That's what's most important.

I don't have many, but Mysterio's face sculpt was top notch, IMO. I can understand the argument against others though.

In all honesty their earlier stuff were very shady! But since the likes of Black Panther Cable and other stuff like Iron Fist and Electro hell look how menacing Scorpion looks. They have improved drastically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all honesty their earlier stuff were very shady! But since the likes of Black Panther Cable and other stuff like Iron Fist and Electro hell look how menacing Scorpion looks. They have improved drastically

Unfortunately for XM, many of the statues you mentioned are sculpted by Daniel Bel. Sideshow just signed Bel to work for them. That's a big loss for XM.

Unfortunately for XM, many of the statues you mentioned are sculpted by Daniel Bel. Sideshow just signed Bel to work for them. That's a big loss for XM.

True in many ways. But Scorpion is up there along with Cable and other statues such as Storm and poison ivy

Yeah they are! But looking forward to what Daniel creates

I was too until I saw the new Cap PF. If sideshow is going to keep pushing these terrible sideshowified costumes, his talent is being wasted at sideshow as far as I'm concerned.

I was too until I saw the new Cap PF. If sideshow is going to keep pushing these terrible sideshowified costumes, his talent is being wasted at sideshow as far as I'm concerned.

I’m not a fan of anything cap from Sideshow. So I’m not that concerned. But your right if they micro managing the way he does stuff then that sucks

Back