Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM beat them to the punch

nice...only problem is that I have not yet figured out how to acquire an XM piece. Not linked into the XM secret society of brokers/agents/double agents yet.. Wanted to get the Hulk Buster but being a show only and no connections to anyone I was not able to PO that one.

nice...only problem is that I have not yet figured out how to acquire an XM piece. Not linked into the XM secret society of brokers/agents/double agents yet.. Wanted to get the Hulk Buster but being a show only and no connections to anyone I was not able to PO that one.

Check out the facebook groups. 'Statue man caves' is good. And radd titan has a group too where people buy and sell. Lots of XM guys over there

Honestly the more I see these other Magneto Statues out there the more I like this one. While I know it's subtle base changes and the cost is a bit disappointing I like how it looks like he slamed into the head of the sentinal crushing while manipulating the metal and having it elongate and bend.

The only thing I would change is make the red a bit darker tone on the helmet and body.

One thing worth noting is just how much that sentinel head is mashed in and manipulated. Judging by the Hand Wolverine is on, a full sentinel is at least as big as an average adult human, if not even bigger. He crushed that head good! :lol

:lol :lol :lol

I've followed some others at the moment to wait on the ES before making a final decision.

Just giving you a hard time. I don't blame you. Wise move. :lecture

I think in today's day and age is the way a lot will be following. There's no rush, with the exception of the rare TOT.

It's growing on me too.

I can appreciate those that love it. My complaints I feel are petty, but nonetheless.

Do you have the first XM one, Kibishii? Any thoughts on the newer XM release?

I wish I could see the XM original Magneto in person, for some bizarre reason, every time I see a photo, it registers at 1/6 scale to me and I know it's larger. Same thing when I see the first Doom PF, something about those two sitting down in a throne makes them seem smaller to me in photos, Thanos has the opposite effect, it just has this presence that makes him feel large, don't know what it is. I was curious if all collector edition PFs have free shipping or if it were only select ones, like I know the TMNT did.

Speaking of Doom, I'm about to go back on my word and try to go for one. That and the XM Mags. I haven't seen an XM Mags in person though. I can appreciate what you're saying about size. I think it's the pose that does that, but agree with the "Thanos effect". I think like as some have said here, Thanos is likely pushing 1/3 scale territory.

Again, just giving you a hard time on the shipping, etc. It's an interesting point that I hadn't really noticed. It seems that it's a sale tactic to move pieces - and a smart one at that, especially when hype for the Exclusive label overshadows the piece itself.

Do you have the first XM one, Kibishii? Any thoughts on the newer XM release?
No, I don't own the first XM. I had a chance to pick him up for $1500 after he came out, but he never grew on me enough. I always envision Magneto in a more dynamic pose. Thanos & Doom fit much better on a throne. I absolutely love the torn apart tank base of the new XM, but I am still stuck in the 80's & 90's when it comes to my comic interpretations. What the heck is up with the white scarf? :dunno

alvaro-ribeiro-magneto-11.jpg

alvaro-ribeiro-magneto-12.jpg

xm-studios-white-magneto-statue.jpg

Mag1.png

How much do these XM usually retail for before all the shipping and custom fees, etc.?
Wish Sideshow would give us more switch-out options.

It depends, but it's around $700-$1000 USD, but obvious varies tremendously with beasts like Hulk. 1 SGD is equivalent to 0.75 USD.

That's a pretty big base on that XM Mags statue. After shipping and all ...the total price might be closer to $1000 USD or slightly more.

This SSC Mags at $700 USD is a better price, but damn ...changing it from a PF to a MAQ just to raise the price is still a huge rub. And that rub sure burns.

That's a pretty big base on that XM Mags statue. After shipping and all ...the total price might be closer to $1000 USD or slightly more.

This SSC Mags at $700 USD is a better price, but damn ...changing it from a PF to a MAQ just to raise the price is still a huge rub. And that rub sure burns.

Yeah, but that $300 is worth it for the XM, IMO. That's not a bad price difference given how busy it is.

But....$300 is $300. :lol I can see both sides of the coin, so to speak.

Hope XM will release a RED variant someday of this. Instant Sold for me

Seriously doubt XM will ever do that. Think your best bet is to get it repainted by a pro which will probably run you 600$-800$ (possibly more) depending on who you get to do it.

Seriously doubt XM will ever do that. Think your best bet is to get it repainted by a pro which will probably run you 600$-800$ (possibly more) depending on who you get to do it.

Agreed.

Has XM done any repaint variants yet? I don't know of any at the moment.

Agreed.

Has XM done any repaint variants yet? I don't know of any at the moment.

No, XM will never do variant or repainted statues. If they decide to do another version of a character, they will do all new sculpts. Magneto, Cap, and Phoenix are proof of that. With Phoenix, all they needed to do is a simple repaint to do a Dark Phoenix variant. Obviously, XM is true to their word and gave us a whole new sculpt for their Dark Phoenix release.

I been out of the game a while but I'm thinking I'm going to pick this up. I really like the base alot

No, XM will never do variant or repainted statues. If they decide to do another version of a character, they will do all new sculpts. Magneto, Cap, and Phoenix are proof of that. With Phoenix, all they needed to do is a simple repaint to do a Dark Phoenix variant. Obviously, XM is true to their word and gave us a whole new sculpt for their Dark Phoenix release.

And what a sculpt it is! :rock

That's one I could see myself getting. For me (just an opinion), it's the Phoenix to own.

Back