Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format tease (?)

I've going to have to exit soon. I can't keep up. My tastes are getting bigger than my wallet. I'm even pre-ordering random **** now like Iron Giant and TMNT. Now, I LOVE the Iron Giant....but do I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE the Iron Giant to drop $700ish? I didn't think so, but apparently I do. :lol

I am in the same boat ....... I am collecting stuff that I LIKE but wouldn't say LOVE. I love the Witcher 3 line ..... TMNT, BANE and Venom. The only statues I have left to spend on would be Characters from the Overwatch universe, Magneto and Gambit and the P1 Hush Superman. Then I am done. But I agree with you in the past 2-3 years I bought stuff I thought I might like later. Now my rule is not buy a piece unless I LOVE it ...... I canceled my P1 Harley for this reason I love the Arkham version not the one they went with. This hobby will kill you if you don't have rules.

Looking at my Sig , the PCS Stuff I like for my gaming setup and it looks awesome but not quite sure I should have dropped money on them.

I am in the same boat ....... I am collecting stuff that I LIKE but wouldn't say LOVE. I love the Witcher 3 line ..... TMNT, BANE and Venom. The only statues I have left to spend on would be Characters from the Overwatch universe, Magneto and Gambit and the P1 Hush Superman. Then I am done. But I agree with you in the past 2-3 years I bought stuff I thought I might like later. Now my rule is not buy a piece unless I LOVE it ...... I canceled my P1 Harley for this reason I love the Arkham version not the one they went with. This hobby will kill you if you don't have rules.

Looking at my Sig , the PCS Stuff I like for my gaming setup and it looks awesome but not quite sure I should have dropped money on them.

There has to be a line drawn I think with how many statues you collect. I tend to target a certain line and stick with it. Ignoring the stuff that don't interest me even though they look outstanding. With Thanos on the throne I broke that rule. Not only is this fella gonna cost me more than I should really pay. But I might now have to get something else to compliment him like Magneto. Truly 2 badasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you picked up any of the overwatch pieces? I'm tempted and I don't even play the game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Magneto-Marvel-Comics-in-majesty.jpg

Loved Fassbender's portrayal of the character as well.

Magneto-Xmen-Apoc.jpg

Yeah, you definitely have to pick and choose. I committed to 3 lines and have already run out of space, trying to work some statues in, having a hard time trying to sell things to make room, especially when you know you have more coming in.

SS might pull off several costume variants for this statue.

Seriously my anticipation is gaining momentum for Magneto. I will not miss that exclusive lol well hopefully not anyway, I'm sure this will be amazing.

Totally. I think all the hype I had for Thanos is dead, it doesn't matter to me if the EX order converts or not, almost secretly hoping it doesn't because it will save a lot of $$ for Magneto and other Prime 1 stuff I am intent on getting. If I'm able to get the unframed art print, I'd be satisfied with having just that, if not, no biggie either. Just praying Magneto pose looks good.

I had the xm studios version with all the custom heads. I wish I never sold it. I hope they make an enraged magneto with a destruction scene.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I had the xm studios version with all the custom heads. I wish I never sold it. I hope they make an enraged magneto with a destruction scene.

That's what I'm hoping for too :lol Some chaos like the P1 Venom. :yess: As nice as the statue was, I never really viewed Magneto as a throne-type character but more so in-flight and causing mayhem so I never saw it as a grail or must-have, so I'm hoping Sideshow doesn't disappoint or hold back.

magneto_for_maze_colors_by_spidey0318-dakot14.jpg

I would like more of a a front looking face

For us who missed XM magneto. This is great. Hopefully SS delivers

Custom extras for Thanos are already starting to appear (i.e. there is a pedestal on ebay) so I wouldn't be surprised to see custom grinning heads too.

Demand will be high too. Many missed out on the exc

I hope they make an enraged Magneto as well. I have the XM Mags and display the calm portrait without the helmet. I don't use the angry portrait with his helmet on. I think the angry portrait looks amazing but I feel the calm/contemplative portrait looks phenomenal and fits the statue better. Mags is my favorite villain so he's one of those characters that I'd be okay with having 2 statues of in 1/4 scale. Since my XM Mags is displayed with a calm demeanor, I'd love it if the SSC Mags showed him in a full rage. Regardless, I'm sure he'll look incredible with Harbottle working on him.

For us who missed XM magneto. This is great. Hopefully SS delivers

I have no doubt they will. When is the last time you saw a lousy Harbottle sculpt? Just look at his last 3 releases for SSC. Red Sonja, Deadpool, and the Thanos MAQ...they are nothing short of magnificent. Expect nothing less for the Mags PF.

Demand will be high too. Many missed out on the exc

Not really. If ex. edition size is 1500, demand will be the same as wolverine brown suit. It's the edition size dictating the piece more than anything else.

I never cared about that at all. If I see a piece I like I just get it

Not really. If ex. edition size is 1500, demand will be the same as wolverine brown suit. It's the edition size dictating the piece more than anything else.

Not true. There has been a Logan PF, a yellow and blue PF, a brown PF, a yellow and blue COM, and the XM Wolverine. That's at least 5 versions of a 1/4 scale Wolverine that collectors can buy. There's only been one licensed 1/4 scale Mags released by XM and the total number of them released is only 800.

The demand for a Mags PF will be huge. This Mags PF will have great demand and a fairly large ES.

I never cared about that at all. If I see a piece I like I just get it

Same here. I understand that a low ES is appealing but if I had to choose between a piece that I really liked with a high ES or a piece that I sort of liked with a lower ES. I'd go with the one I liked more every time. It's never a deciding factor for me, just a bonus since it will help it hold it's value.

Not true. There has been a Logan PF, a yellow and blue PF, a brown PF, a yellow and blue COM, and the XM Wolverine. That's at least 5 versions of a 1/4 scale Wolverine that collectors can buy. There's only been one licensed 1/4 scale Mags released by XM and the total number of them released is only 800.

The demand for a Mags PF will be huge. This Mags PF will have great demand and a fairly large ES.
The higher edition is allowing collectors to wait, and they feel no rush to get it right away, and therefore this piece will be around a bit longer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah the Mags PF will be very high in demand. That will one will sell out straight away also. The edition size I believe will be bigger than Thanos. I'm excited to see just how good this turns out

Back