Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format tease (?)

New pricing from ssc is over $1000 for popular characters and also sub 1000 ES. Good luck everyone....lol. It's going to be fun to watch...

I've going to have to exit soon. I can't keep up. My tastes are getting bigger than my wallet. I'm even pre-ordering random **** now like Iron Giant and TMNT. Now, I LOVE the Iron Giant....but do I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE the Iron Giant to drop $700ish? I didn't think so, but apparently I do. :lol

This will be my last PF. I finally got XM Phoenix/SS Dark Phoenix. Once I have Magneto, my collection will be complete. The only exception would be a Byrne Cyclops, but I don't see Sideshow or XM making that in 1/4th.

I am hoping they do NOT make the EX limited to 750 on this like they did the Thanos EX because I will be pissed if I miss out because it sells out in 5-10 minutes.

Magneto - Premium Format tease (?)

This will be my last PF. I finally got XM Phoenix/SS Dark Phoenix. Once I have Magneto, my collection will be complete. The only exception would be a Byrne Cyclops, but I don't see Sideshow or XM making that in 1/4th.

I am hoping they do NOT make the EX limited to 750 on this like they did the Thanos EX because I will be pissed if I miss out because it sells out in 5-10 minutes.

Yeah I understand you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which Phoenix statue do you like more?

Maybe if they decide on an ES and keep it hidden then allow everybody to order in the first 24 hours and then take it down. If the PO's surpassed the original ES then make exactly(maybe round it up so it's not a weird number) how many were ordered. If it doesn't reach the original ES then put the EX back up and disclose the ES. I feel like there should be a short but reasonable time frame where you could comfortably order a statue and be guaranteed it.

Which Phoenix statue do you like more?
They are too different to like one more...the XM Phoenix is more dynamic and has more presence, but the Sideshow facial sculpt is superior to any of the XM sculpts.

Maybe if they decide on an ES and keep it hidden then allow everybody to order in the first 24 hours and then take it down. If the PO's surpassed the original ES then make exactly(maybe round it up so it's not a weird number) how many were ordered. If it doesn't reach the original ES then put the EX back up and disclose the ES. I feel like there should be a short but reasonable time frame where you could comfortably order a statue and be guaranteed it.
This is kind of what I have been calling for for the last 10 years. Make the statue TBD on day one and adjust the ES from there. If it goes over the original ES, raise it a bit and post the ES within a few days of preorder time. I really do not want Sideshow to go back to server crashes and 5 minute sell-outs; especially since the preorder time is in the middle of the day now. I am a public school teacher and can only access Sideshowtoy on my phone (district firewall blocks Sideshow) so I would be fubared if they go back to 5 minute sellouts.

They are too different to like one more...the XM Phoenix is more dynamic and has more presence, but the Sideshow facial sculpt is superior to any of the XM sculpts.

This is kind of what I have been calling for for the last 10 years. Make the statue TBD on day one and adjust the ES from there. If it goes over the original ES, raise it a bit and post the ES within a few days of preorder time. I really do not want Sideshow to go back to server crashes and 5 minute sell-outs; especially since the preorder time is in the middle of the day now. I am a public school teacher and can only access Sideshowtoy on my phone (district firewall blocks Sideshow) so I would be fubared if they go back to 5 minute sellouts.

This, or make the EX extra not the option everyone wants. Classic Thanos with the big grin should be standard, not that weird serious look.

I thought the purpose of the exclusive was to warrant a day 1 pre-order/purchase, something that everyone does want and won't sit on for the long-term.

I guess if they wanted to sell more statues, they could do that but that would probably negate the low ES high value part of the collector's game.

I thought the purpose of the exclusive was to warrant a day 1 pre-order/purchase, something that everyone does want and won't sit on for the long-term.

I guess if they wanted to sell more statues, they could do that but that would probably negate the low ES high value part of the collector's game.

A swap-out gauntlet holding the cosmic cube, or something complimentary like that, would have been the better choice IMO. Taking the iconic look of Thanos and making that the EX no doubt means you're going to entice a lot of people to scramble for it, but it also marginalizes the regular edition in quite a big way. When we think Thanos we think of three things; the gauntlet, the throne, and that **** eating grin. A $1200 statue of him that does not have those things is not worth $1200. Money left on the table.

You said it right there; day 1 preorder. Give people who want to order the EX the chance. I wasn't going to preorder Thanos, but I got the EX email during my lunch and clicked the link when my lunch was over and it was already gone. Preorders selling out in 5-10 minutes screws a lot of people. The solution is simple: TBD the day it goes up for preorder and then list the ES thr next day.

You said it right there; day 1 preorder. Give people who want to order the EX the chance. I wasn't going to preorder Thanos, but I got the EX email during my lunch and clicked the link when my lunch was over and it was already gone. Preorders selling out in 5-10 minutes screws a lot of people. The solution is simple: TBD the day it goes up for preorder and then list the ES thr next day.

Your 100% right! But to be honest the exclusive is just ok. It's not that big of a deal to me. That's just my opinion. I know a lot love the evil grin. It doesn't bother me that much. The classic still looks epic. But who ever did snag the exclusive congrats it is what it is

We are entering the 1k 1/4 statues price now and seeing it as normal hahaha

We are entering the 1k 1/4 statues price now and seeing it as normal hahaha

Chump change, hell pretty soon the flippers will be priced out :rotfl

Alot more to gamble in hopes of flipping for profit, better to just fly to vegas and let it ride on red! :taz

Chump change, hell pretty soon the flippers will be priced out :rotfl

Alot more to gamble in hopes of flipping for profit, better to just fly to vegas and let it ride on red! :taz

That's a bloody good idea lol

Wondering if we'll see this at SDCC.....

I'm looking forward to seeing Thanos on Throne at SDCC! That's going to be awesome!

Custom extras for Thanos are already starting to appear (i.e. there is a pedestal on ebay) so I wouldn't be surprised to see custom grinning heads too.

Custom extras for Thanos are already starting to appear (i.e. there is a pedestal on ebay) so I wouldn't be surprised to see custom grinning heads too.

Yeah considering the popularity of this piece I couldn't agree more

Back