Action Figure MAFEX Marvel Cinematic Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Mafex HC Spidey is awesome! Though I didn't anticipate it being a bit small.

0NCLWH7.jpg

8CUGPNR.jpg

The Homecoming is getting a re-release this month. Anime-Export and Amiami have it up, but Anime-Export is cheaper.

I am here cos my 2 year old son wants to play with my hot toys spiderman...
So I was thinking to get him a mafex. He loves spiderman... I think... Thinking of po the iron spider since I missed out on the hot toys one.
Any recommendations?
This or the comic ver?

Oh I also got the manipple tom holland sculpt... This should fit to iron spider or spiderman comic ver right?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I am here cos my 2 year old son wants to play with my hot toys spiderman...
So I was thinking to get him a mafex. He loves spiderman... I think... Thinking of po the iron spider since I missed out on the hot toys one.
Any recommendations?
This or the comic ver?

Oh I also got the manipple tom holland sculpt... This should fit to iron spider or spiderman comic ver right?

Get him the Marvel legends Spider-Man, no reason to drop this kind of money on something a 2 year old will very likely destroy.

Get him the Marvel legends Spider-Man, no reason to drop this kind of money on something a 2 year old will very likely destroy.
I tried, he doesn't want it. Still goes for my hot toys. Hahaha...

I tried, he doesn't want it. Still goes for my hot toys. Hahaha...

Get the 12" legends then, I honestly think he'd look at a Mafex the same as a 6" Legends. He probably wants a big figure. He cannot tell the quality difference between a 6" Mafex and 6" ML.

Get the 12" legends then, I honestly think he'd look at a Mafex the same as a 6" Legends. He probably wants a big figure. He cannot tell the quality difference between a 6" Mafex and 6" ML.
Hmm maybe you are right

I can't imagine the price being $200, it will certainly drive me away.

Even the people who want two versions of Thor can't get multiples with that price.

Hopefully it's lower because the barebones Figuarts Thor is now $230 on eBay & some scalpers are trying to push it for the $500-700 range. :lol

Aside from the shown price, the accessories look great.

I hope the headsculpt matches the promotional images, few QC issues & more durability than some of their figures like the Ra's they released last month.

Edit: I just noticed the 8580 yen.

Yeah this will be like $70ish like all the other releases, the $200 is some other currency.

This looks really fantastic but will be a (long drawn out) test of how good their face printing is. I haven't seen many Mafex figures in hand that look great.

another similar pic up at Fwoosh....
Seeing how comic Spidey turned out and other upcoming releases, I might just pick this up to go with the SHF line, since this will probably be taller. I like what they are doing here with all the options! This is how a figure should be assuming the QC holds up!
(does the patch HS looks a little like Tatum? which would be unfortunate)

speaking of, one yelling HS would have been icing on the cake!

Medicom-MAFEX-Infinity-War-Thor-Featured.jpg

OK so I got a Iron Man 45 off AliExpress. You know what that means:wink1: I have had little to zero complaints about the DC offering from Ali, but Iron Man is different. The way I understand it, the original was crap to begin with and you know what happens when you copy crap. Degradation. Anyway, for the price I suppose it is OK to sit along with the Marvel legends because size wise, it fits, but it is so much more detailed than Marvel Legends that it doesn't fit... really. Well, it is an OK gap filler because I don't want to pony up for the original Mafex considering it's issues. The paint apps are...well...acceptable considering the price. The left knee needs much work as it is marionette loose right now.
For $25, it is a good enough filler.
I got a Midas Figma from Ali coming in also, we'll see how that fares.

20190527_150636(1).jpg
20190527_151319(1).jpg
20190527_151036(1).jpg

Back