Action Figure MAFEX Comic Book Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got in Wolvie and had some time to snap some quick pics. Yeah I want to at least shorten and flare out the claws, just don't know how and a bit scared since I usually don't mod my stuff. So shortened in photoshop for the looks except for the last pic.

Can't wait for Cyc! bummed he is delayed. Please MaFex bring us more X-men :)

https://flic.kr/p/2inVgR3

https://flic.kr/p/2inWq68

I love the Deadpool, I wish I picked him up. I went through a phase of getting every DP figure I could but stopped at Mafex (assuming that?s what that one is). I do have a Figma in his box somewhere though.

Colossus and Juggernaut looking good! Hasbro?

Wow..I can’t believe people are still having the bicep issue. As I stated on mine..I have to really yank hard on mine for it to fall off at the bicep. I wonder everyone is getting theirs from because my came from HLJ :dunno

Wow..I can’t believe people are still having the bicep issue. As I stated on mine..I have to really yank hard on mine for it to fall off at the bicep. I wonder everyone is getting theirs from because my came from HLJ :dunno

Mine's from CDJapan, but where you got it from shouldn't matter. All in the same production run. It's not a big deal to me since it pops back in, but I didn't pull hard to make it happen.

I opened mine last week, I had a similar issue with the bicep joint but honestly it just goes back in real easy and it's not a big problem. Not like Mafex's old joint problems where figures wouldn't stand or literally fall apart.

I had one small paint issue with some blue splatter, but I can scrape that off. I like the claws a lot and I like how they're straight out.

That's nothing compared to my experience with my first Medicom figure (1/6). The hip piece broke within a week and later when seeing if it could be fixed, almost all of the plastic pieces started to crumble apart. seriously, different areas of the plastic crumbled with a little movement, almost the whole figure was junk, I think I just kept the head sculpt. I've had better luck with later Medicom figures so I don't fear that'll happen with Wolvie.
Straight claws would be acceptable, but they're just ridiculously long, it's hard not to notice.

Got the mafex comic paint Spidey. The arm socket got stuck and broke within 2 minutes. Awaiting a replacement figure, does heating and hot water work good on these?

Got the mafex comic paint Spidey. The arm socket got stuck and broke within 2 minutes. Awaiting a replacement figure, does heating and hot water work good on these?

Yeah a hair dryer or some form of heat should work for any tightness.

Nice, someone used the Mezco wolvie hands on their Mafex custom . They look okay because I tested them out with my Mezco wolvie , obviously you have to paint the blue over the dark blue Mezco hands and they are kind of loose but it?s an option.

I wouldn?t mess with the Mafex claws, they are really delicate yet set on the gloves. Somebody has to be really really excellent at trimming to Mox the Mafex claws and so far I haven?t seen anybody mess with the actual Mafex claws in any way. Either they use another figures claws and mod the ML or they make their own claws .

hmmm so is the modded Wolvie a few pages back the Mezco hands? Or do you think they actually shortened and bent the claws out?
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187860&p=10246289&viewfull=1#post10246289
I went to the site but didn't find anything on the Wolv mod. I hear ya though, plus the scale is so small, if something is just a little bit off, it really will show.

Thanks. The scale on them is superb.

Yep as Cicada17 said Diamond Select. However, if you see those two figures in person, they are a little larger in scale so I had to use a little bit of forced perspective especially with Colossus.

hmmm so is the modded Wolvie a few pages back the Mezco hands? Or do you think they actually shortened and bent the claws out?
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187860&p=10246289&viewfull=1#post10246289
I went to the site but didn't find anything on the Wolv mod. I hear ya though, plus the scale is so small, if something is just a little bit off, it really will show.

Yep as Cicada17 said Diamond Select. However, if you see those two figures in person, they are a little larger in scale so I had to use a little bit of forced perspective especially with Colossus.

If you are referring to the custom by fairytale customs. I first saw it on instagram and yes he said he used the Mezco hands. Like I said I tried his method, the Mezco hands fit on the Mafex pegs but not reallly snug. Somewhat wobbly IMO

mafexmagnetowf20e.jpg

Last edited:
Magneto! Awesome stuff, he looks brilliant though I?d prefer him with a helmet on, which I?m sure will be included.

I wonder why they decided to go with age of apocalypse magneto. Maybe license issues?
I think it would be weird to have a different license for a character for certain runs of comics, it's probably carte blanche and that's just what they want to do. They're choosing to do DKR and Hush Batman lines for instance.

Hope the Cyclops delay is worth it next month

After Wolverine I’m all in for Cyclops

Back