Action Figure MAFEX Comic Book Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look what arrived and I got it for below retail

All I can say in hand.. is this version should?ve come first

Pics really fail to capture the beauty of this version

For those who missed the previous version..don?t hesitate to pick this one up

This figure now can truly capture Mcfarlane, Bagley and Campbell?s art

Last edited:

:thud: :thud: :thud:

Which of the two versions of Spidey do you like most?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which of the two versions of Spidey do you like most?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely the comic paint, in hand to the naked eye the black shading really gives it an organic comic book accuracy from all angles and with different lighting sources. TBH, the first version kind seems dull and and simple now. Still a great figure don?t get me wrong , but that version seems a little plain .

Again it comes down to personal preference I suggest.

I know the prices on these are getting ridiculous, but I found that Amazon JP has good deals. I got him at retail usd ( under $70) and free shipping and it took less than 3 days to get him shipped from Japan to U.S.

I opened my Wolverine today. Pretty happy with the paint application and his joints are strong - he?s awesome. Cyclops can?t come soon enough!

Definitely the comic paint, in hand to the naked eye the black shading really gives it an organic comic book accuracy from all angles and with different lighting sources. TBH, the first version kind seems dull and and simple now. Still a great figure don?t get me wrong , but that version seems a little plain .

Again it comes down to personal preference I suggest.

I know the prices on these are getting ridiculous, but I found that Amazon JP has good deals. I got him at retail usd ( under $70) and free shipping and it took less than 3 days to get him shipped from Japan to U.S.

I agree, I think the comic version looks the best. Still haven't ordered any Mafex Spider-Men though.
So they'll still honor free shipping for US orders at Amazon JP? That's a good deal. I might have to dust off my Amazon JP account and try it sometime.

I agree, I think the comic version looks the best. Still haven't ordered any Mafex Spider-Men though.
So they'll still honor free shipping for US orders at Amazon JP? That's a good deal. I might have to dust off my Amazon JP account and try it sometime.

I'm not who you were replying to, but it's generall 1200JPY for DHL (3-5 day) shipping from AJ. I've never gotten free shipping from them. But it's still usually the cheapest and definitely fastest way to go.

I'm not who you were replying to, but it's generall 1200JPY for DHL (3-5 day) shipping from AJ. I've never gotten free shipping from them. But it's still usually the cheapest and definitely fastest way to go.

About $10 shipped from Japan is a good deal, I'm still in shock from the $25 I'm being charged by Sideshow to ship something a little larger just across the US. I'll consider it next time. Thanks!

About $10 shipped from Japan is a good deal, I'm still in shock from the $25 I'm being charged by Sideshow to ship something a little larger just across the US. I'll consider it next time. Thanks!

I just found out that Amazon Japan raised their shipping to 1600JPY, which is kind of high, but it's still cheaper.

Can anyone recommend a black paint available in UK for the stripes? Ideally I?d like something I can remove if I change my mind or **** it up.

Can anyone recommend a black paint available in UK for the stripes? Ideally I?d like something I can remove if I change my mind or **** it up.

Any water based acrylic paint will work. Because it’s water based .. it’s easy to clean up with warm soap and water or paint thinner . I always use acrylics for easy clean up for models, figures, etc

Try not to use enamel paints , because they are oil based , they can crack and destroy the factory paint job.

Gundam markers are also a good option I’ve used in the past

Any water based acrylic paint will work. Because it?s water based .. it?s easy to clean up with warm soap and water or paint thinner . I always use acrylics for easy clean up for models, figures, etc

Try not to use enamel paints , because they are oil based , they can crack and destroy the factory paint job.

Gundam markers are also a good option I?ve used in the past

Awesome, thanks Guyver 👍🏻

Got in Wolvie and had some time to snap some quick pics. Yeah I want to at least shorten and flare out the claws, just don't know how and a bit scared since I usually don't mod my stuff. So shortened in photoshop for the looks except for the last pic.

Can't wait for Cyc! bummed he is delayed. Please MaFex bring us more X-men :)

https://flic.kr/p/2inVgR3

https://flic.kr/p/2inWq68

Got in Wolvie and had some time to snap some quick pics. Yeah I want to at least shorten and flare out the claws, just don't know how and a bit scared since I usually don't mod my stuff. So shortened in photoshop for the looks except for the last pic.

Can't wait for Cyc! bummed he is delayed. Please MaFex bring us more X-men :)

https://flic.kr/p/2inVgR3

https://flic.kr/p/2inWq68

Nice, someone used the Mezco wolvie hands on their Mafex custom . They look okay because I tested them out with my Mezco wolvie , obviously you have to paint the blue over the dark blue Mezco hands and they are kind of loose but it’s an option.

I wouldn’t mess with the Mafex claws, they are really delicate yet set on the gloves. Somebody has to be really really excellent at trimming to Mox the Mafex claws and so far I haven’t seen anybody mess with the actual Mafex claws in any way. Either they use another figures claws and mod the ML or they make their own claws .

My Mafex Wolvie arrived the other day, I have many of the issues people have reported.
The paint on the stripes could be done far better, even with the recessed pattern that didn't seem to do it much good. The paint on the regular masked sculpt has some sloppiness around the bridge of the nose and over spray around the wings of the mask, not a huge eyesore. Thankfully, the teeth gritting head is painted far better though still not up to par with the price. And the unmasked head and hood look great, no issues.

Yeah, my arms have that issue being reported. Tried moving the arms for the first time and the right came apart within a minute. The left hasn't yet. I might do that Robo fix on the arms but, as long as you keep it in a pose on the shelf and don't move the arms about, they stay together.
I wish the claws were shorter and splayed out and this should've had some sword and gun grip hands for the price (as well as a Muramasa blade while they're at it), still this Wolvie looks fantastic. I'll get a Brown & Tan costume if they make one, though I hope they go with either these heads or Silvestri art style heads and not the Byrne art style.

I opened mine last week, I had a similar issue with the bicep joint but honestly it just goes back in real easy and it's not a big problem. Not like Mafex's old joint problems where figures wouldn't stand or literally fall apart.

I had one small paint issue with some blue splatter, but I can scrape that off. I like the claws a lot and I like how they're straight out.

Back