Action Figure MAFEX Comic Book Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing all the issues some have had with Wolvie on Youtube has me concerned. I still have my pre-order with Nin-Nin Game and I'll be taking a chance (mostly because getting a refund will be difficult and I got it for a low price) but there shouldn't be any issues with a figure this expensive. I think that's why reviewers are being a little hard on this figure.
Still looks really good, I don't like the blue stripes and excessively long claws, but the sculpt of the body and those heads are enough to ignore a couple of minor issues. Hopefully I'll get good paint. Maybe Medicom will send out improved arm pieces?

Seeing all the issues some have had with Wolvie on Youtube has me concerned. I still have my pre-order with Nin-Nin Game and I'll be taking a chance (mostly because getting a refund will be difficult and I got it for a low price) but there shouldn't be any issues with a figure this expensive. I think that's why reviewers are being a little hard on this figure.
Still looks really good, I don't like the blue stripes and excessively long claws, but the sculpt of the body and those heads are enough to ignore a couple of minor issues. Hopefully I'll get good paint. Maybe Medicom will send out improved arm pieces?

Medicom will not do anything about it unless there was some gigantic problem, we're lucky a few people got replacement Iron Spider legs. From what I've seen the arms can be plugged back in, I haven't seen anything where they're just falling out of the arm or something.

Friends of yours? Three against two.. like our odds

Not bad for a guy who doesn’t speak much..cheers!

My Wolverine's paint wasn't the best but I have to say I still really enjoy the figure. I paid 77 bucks, is it worth it? Hard to say, the paint should have been better, I expect more on a figure like this. The arms didn't pop out like others have said, so that's a plus. Very annoying the paint on the mask having paint over the sculpted piece, even my Legends didn't have that. The stripes being blue don't bother me but the paint not filling the stripes pisses me off, I had to touch it up myself.

Get better painters Mafex, I expect this on Legends but not a figure that in some places is 90+ dollars.

I despise the long claws, wtf were they thinking? Really wish someone would make a third party kit to replace them.

I like the figure but at the same time it pisses me off lol.

Mafex X-Men Wolverine (3) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mafex X-Men Wolverine (4) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mafex X-Men Wolverine (5) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mafex X-Men Wolverine (6) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mafex X-Men Wolverine (7) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mafex X-Men Wolverine (8) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mafex X-Men Wolverine (9) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mafex X-Men Wolverine (10) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

The only thing that stopped me from getting him are the blue stripes. I remember people trying to bring it up to Mafex's attention when he was first show, I guess they didn't bother listening?

Anyone have this on order with Nin-Nin Game?
Still waiting for a shipping notice.

Mine finally shipped today.

I hope I get a good one. Is anyone planning on painting the stripes black?

Edit: I found a post on Insta with custom painted stripes. It looks so much better.

0bbfdfaa81554c2118d054437725e817.jpg

Tempted to do this myself.

Great pics fellow Freaks!

Edit: I found a post on Insta with custom painted stripes. It looks so much better.

This does look much better - the blue stripes don't bother me as much, but I was thinking of trying painting them as well. But it looks like the person also modded the claws which look a lot better! imho this is how the figure should have come to us.

Great pics fellow Freaks!

This does look much better - the blue stripes don't bother me as much, but I was thinking of trying painting them as well. But it looks like the person also modded the claws which look a lot better! imho this is how the figure should have come to us.

I think I can live with the claws but might attempt to paint the stripes if I?m feeling brave. Need that proper 90s cartoon look!

I also received my shipping notice the other day, thanks for the heads up!

I prefer the black stripes and shorter claws, but I kinda like that this is a bit different from the many ML versions I already have so I'll probably keep mine stock. One thing that's cool is I'm seeing a lot of people use the extra heads on ML Wolvies with a bit of work so I'll try that myself.

I also saw that Robo on the Fwoosh came up with a solution to the arms popping off of Wolvie, he shaved off a bit of plastic on the end of the shoulder pieces until they popped on firmly and in place (there should be a second pop when they're properly in place). Easy enough solution.

Everyone who is modding theirs looks great but I like the blue tint because it looks great in person that you just don?t see in photos

Last edited:
He looks superb, I can?t wait for him and Cyclops to arrive. I?m quitting figures this year but this line gets a pass because it?s 90s Xmen - I hope Gambit, Rogue and Jean are on the way. I could go all in on this line!

I do not mind the blue stripes, however the seemingly long claws are my only small criticism, and man that shorter claw mod makes this look 10/10. Can't wait to nab him later on.

He looks superb, I can?t wait for him and Cyclops to arrive. I?m quitting figures this year but this line gets a pass because it?s 90s Xmen - I hope Gambit, Rogue and Jean are on the way. I could go all in on this line!
Haha. You are awesome. That post is meme worthy.
Famous last words of a collector: I am quitting figures this year.
Also: I could go all in on this line!
I love the 90s X-Men too! I have collected all the Hasbro Marvel Legends already though.
[emoji848] I think I will sell most of my Toy Biz Legends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. You are awesome. That post is meme worthy.
Famous last words of a collector: I am quitting figures this year.
Also: I could go all in on this line!
I love the 90s X-Men too! I have collected all the Hasbro Marvel Legends already though.
[emoji848] I think I will sell most of my Toy Biz Legends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol you got me. My conviction is weak!
I?ll certainly stop with Hot Toys but never gonna miss this line if it expands.

Back