1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean in paint/weathering or design or both?

I mean the design- the Mohawk is the main problem. Compare it's side view with a film still and the difference is very noticeable, especially at the front. It's my biggest disappointment with this figure and I can't see them rectifying it for the Snowspeeder Luke release.

Anyone pose Rey with the helmet on yet?

I think if you were dead set on this look, it'd be best to grab a knock off sculpt in order to be able to trim the buns in the back. Helmet looks a bit oversized though either way.

3f740ebf57599617690bbbd5e15ad1fb.jpg

Took a couple shots of Luke since I brought him out.

8c97b6a0af3fbeec995cb9b0067e9eea.jpg

698c8c3d28d6e68177ff29716be9ff83.jpg

I think if you were dead set on this look, it'd be best to grab a knock off sculpt in order to be able to trim the buns in the back. Helmet looks a bit oversized though either way.

3f740ebf57599617690bbbd5e15ad1fb.jpg

Took a couple shots of Luke since I brought him out.

8c97b6a0af3fbeec995cb9b0067e9eea.jpg

698c8c3d28d6e68177ff29716be9ff83.jpg

Is Luke on the HT farmboy body?

Look looks very good with the helmet on... with it off, not so much. It's a shame as the sculpt is very good, but the paint really let it down. Still, I'm happy enough with him in his full gear.

Just the stock body. I tried the Farmboy body once but I didn't like the resulting tailoring. Suit became very loose and baggy.

Thanks for the reply. I'm surprised it didn't work, I generally find with any body the thinner the better.

The best pose with the helmet off. [emoji1]

2649546d7d5325e84b2f35b89a6b8bdb.jpg

To use the HT sculpt with the helmet on I use the same cut wig Sideshows uses for his head.

c7569c1af3e942c43440eca67e5445c8.jpg

And now for the SW family

748a4616ff13f1841ec2aca58c68fe43.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Question for those that own this figure or have seen it up close, what do you think is a fair price for this given the negative comments about it?
With the free shipping and a $30 off code that would take it down to $210 shipped.
Worth it or still overpriced?
Thanks.

Question for those that own this figure or have seen it up close, what do you think is a fair price for this given the negative comments about it?
With the free shipping and a $30 off code that would take it down to $210 shipped.
Thanks.

It's a $160 figure. Save your money for the Hoth Pilot... or, if that turns out badly too, hold out until HT does one. My guess: this coming summer.

It's a $160 figure. Save your money for the Hoth Pilot... or, if that turns out badly too, hold out until HT does one. My guess: this coming summer.

Thanks. Thought about it after I posted and remembered I got Han and Luke Hoth for $170 each and those both came with a lot more stuff.
So I will definitely wait on this.

Thanks.
I paid with tax what Wor-Gar did (about $160), and I certainly say in the grand scheme of things it's not worth much more than that. That's not to say what you -get- is bad (I actually stand by the fact that the paint is better than most put it out to be AND the likeness is pretty good, but just as flawed as Hot Toys', in different ways), but it just is a little underwhelming no matter how you put it. The lack of accessories REALLY hurts the release.

I got mine for around $180 last year and while it comes with very little extras, it's X-wing Luke, so I'm not sure what could have been added.

The price should have definitely been lower, but I will say that it's a fantastic looking addition to the OT collection. With the helmet on, he fits in perfectly with the Hot Toys releases.

If I had known that they were to release "Snow Speeder Luke" later on, I would have probably held off, as that's my favorite rendition of Luke as a pilot. But if it eventually goes down in price significantly, I'll pick that one up as well.

$180 shipped is the most I would pay for either and I have a lot of nostalgia for Luke in an orange jumpsuit.

Back