1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right. A year apart. Something happen in that time period that might explain the bump in your arbitrary and rationalistic model of how gradually prices should rise?

Right. A year apart. Something happen in that time period that might explain the bump in your arbitrary and rationalistic model of how gradually prices should rise?

Google-Translate-for-Localization.png

:lol

Now, let's start again. The comprehensive DX figure (on a new, unique body... ) shown on the left is put up for PO for $250. Then, a bit over a year later, the very basic figure on the right is put up for PO, also for around $250.

6hrimc.png

Now... let's talk about the irrationalistic model of how gradually prices should rise.:dunno

What I don't get about this line of thought, is that in that costume, we didn't see Luke with anything else onscreen except R2 and an X-Wing. No blaster, not holster, no lightsaber. I'm with everyone in the 'over-priced' camp; but I'm not sure what they should have packed with this figure that would make any sense. I'll give you that they occasionally throw nods to Kenner in with vintage-looking blasters etc., but beyond being exclusives (I think) they don't add *that* much value.

A big yellow ladder that can prop against a wall where you could place a fold out poster of an X-Wing to look like your figure is climbing into the cockpit of an x-wing... *Drops mic and walks away*

I always thought a yellow ladder that could attach to the base would have been a great accessory and offer more posing possibilities.
I'm gonna pretend I didn't read this.... because I didn't. YOU BEAT ME TO IT.

If who ever was in charge collected the 3.75 figures they would've known about the smiling luke x wing pilot who came with a yellow ladder which was AWESOME. So awesome in fact I casted about a thousand yellow ladders and placed them all over my apartment so cockroaches can have a fun time.

I was considering getting this as I have found it at a decent discount from the sideshow price but the luke snowspeeder pilot just looks a lot better so I might have to wait for that one and see how production figures actually look.

So awesome in fact I casted about a thousand yellow ladders and placed them all over my apartment so cockroaches can have a fun time.

I am both impressed and repelled by this. I immediately want to come witness this for myself and also erase this image from my mind completely.

But the yellow ladder thing does give me an idea for a 1/6 display base. :lecture

I am both impressed and repelled by this. I immediately want to come witness this for myself and also erase this image from my mind completely.

But the yellow ladder thing does give me an idea for a 1/6 display base. :lecture

haha I'm looking for an image I saved of my X-wing with like 50 ladders placed all around it lol. Can't find it!

I wonder if there is a way to scale the ladder up, this could actually be a pretty awesome idea. gonna reach out to my buddy who is a caster, about this!

haha I'm looking for an image I saved of my X-wing with like 50 ladders placed all around it lol. Can't find it!

I wonder if there is a way to scale the ladder up, this could actually be a pretty awesome idea. gonna reach out to my buddy who is a caster, about this!

I'd be interested to hear what you find out from your buddy. I think it's a great idea to incorporate a ladder on a display base and getting them cast is probably the way to go.

To what? You haven't even looked up rationalism yet. When you can read my post, we can have a conversation.

Where are you off to now?! It's like being on a live chat with thesaurus.com.:slap:lol

Hey, remember when we were talking about the price increases of the figures? Only a $10 price difference between a full DX with a new unique body and a basic figure, PO'ed only a year apart?

Is this pic ringing any bells...?

6hrimc.png

View attachment 291391

Please stop the bickering.

Bickering infers pointlessness on both sides. The point I raised was 100% valid - and it got buried in a weird semantic... I dunno, whatever that was.:lol

Just for the record.

The price of this figure was the point that I gave up on Sideshow, so it's a sore spot. One year $250 buys you a loaded DX figure on a unique body, the next year it's a stripped-back basic figure for the same price. I'll still probably get the Luke Snowspeeder only because I have a ton of RP, but I feel betrayed by a $270 pricepoint. I had the opportunity to buy the Jawas a couple of days ago using that $25 coupon and it still seemed too high and I didn't pull the trigger. Starting to feel the same about the ATAT driver. I can make figures close to as good as Sideshow does, and certainly for cheaper. Not the choice I'd like to have made, but it was made for me. There was a time when $1000 bought you a Detolf full of figures - now you're lucky to fill most of a shelf.:(

Back