1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pic, JB. Yeah it was after seeing this figure (helmet on) at a comic store next to HT Luke (no real futzing on either) and some of the TFA figures and this just looked really nice. Had just come back from the Star Wars outfit exhibits so it was kinda cool. They had the TIE Pilot too but unfortunately it wasn't on display. I still think that figure looks great except for the hips and body height.

Which store you went to ?

I saw the Luke at the Midtown comics in New York near Grand Central. They had SS Temple of Doom Indy too, which looked really nice as well. It's nice to be able to check some of these figures out in person, but I'm not in the city all that often.

I'm a little surprised with how much flack this figure is receiving. I picked mine up for $160 after taxes at Hastings and I'm -pretty- impressed. The helmet was a right pain and chipped a bit on a corner when I took it apart, but it's not noticeable. The lack of accessories is a real sore spot though. There is no reason that he didn't, at minimum, have a lightsaber and blaster. I think the paints are just fine. They're not HT but no one other than Enterbay can compete; that being said people getting their panties in a knot over it baffles me. The likeness is more than fine, about on par with the HT Luke, missing in different ways though. Does anyone's visor sit a bit off to the side though? Helmet is straight. Had I paid full retail I would have been disappointed but at this price it is fair.

If it was $160 everyone would have liked it. I got mine for $200 and with the helmet on it looked very good. But the paint app still bugged me a bit. In the end I decided to put mine up for sale. My lens was also a bit crooked. Sadly I'll probably try to give snowspeeder Luke a chance if it goes down in price at some point.

If it was $160 everyone would have liked it. I got mine for $200 and with the helmet on it looked very good. But the paint app still bugged me a bit. In the end I decided to put mine up for sale. My lens was also a bit crooked. Sadly I'll probably try to give snowspeeder Luke a chance if it goes down in price at some point.
This I agree with. I don't think I would have been able to swallow that pill at $240. But to get a pilot Luke at the price I did, given it's my favorite look for him, and that even when HT gets around to theirs it'll be close to what SS's retail is, I can overlook the small things. The fact he has no saber right pisses me off though. I'll have Rey soon enough, and he'll be getting hers...well...erm...his.
I'd be happy if I can find this at $150 price range too.
eBay might be your best bet if you don't have a Hastings near.

Has anyone found a trick to straightening the visor? I assumed that might just be some OT accuracy I never knew of.

This I agree with. I don't think I would have been able to swallow that pill at $240. But to get a pilot Luke at the price I did, given it's my favorite look for him, and that even when HT gets around to theirs it'll be close to what SS's retail is, I can overlook the small things. The fact he has no saber right pisses me off though. I'll have Rey soon enough, and he'll be getting hers...well...erm...his.

eBay might be your best bet if you don't have a Hastings near.

Has anyone found a trick to straightening the visor? I assumed that might just be some OT accuracy I never knew of.

With shipping, it will be around $200+ unfortunately since I'm in Asia.

I'm a little surprised with how much flack this figure is receiving. I picked mine up for $160 after taxes at Hastings and I'm -pretty- impressed. The helmet was a right pain and chipped a bit on a corner when I took it apart, but it's not noticeable. The lack of accessories is a real sore spot though. There is no reason that he didn't, at minimum, have a lightsaber and blaster. I think the paints are just fine. They're not HT but no one other than Enterbay can compete; that being said people getting their panties in a knot over it baffles me. The likeness is more than fine, about on par with the HT Luke, missing in different ways though. Does anyone's visor sit a bit off to the side though? Helmet is straight. Had I paid full retail I would have been disappointed but at this price it is fair.

You got the fig for nearly $100 under retail, so you're right to feel happy with the fig. Not many others did though, so you can't exactly fault them for the flack.:lol

The flack it got was because it's a $240 figure with a $60 figure paint job.

I got mine for $189.95 shipped and was happy at that price. Ended up selling the head and body for $88.00 which brought it down to $101.95.

Then I picked up a HT Luke for $195 shipped and swapped the body head and gave him the stand, hands and light up saber arm. Sold off all the rest and ended up only paying $75.50 for that.

I ended up paying $177.45 for the X-wing Luke I wanted with all the extra accessories. Pretty happy with that.
5687b71ae4537580d33ae49399c2725f.jpg

With shipping, it will be around $200+ unfortunately since I'm in Asia.
Dang...perhaps a local clearance will roll through when the Hoth variant hits?
You got the fig for nearly $100 under retail, so you're right to feel happy with the fig. Not many others did though, so you can't exactly fault them for the flack.[emoji38]

The flack it got was because it's a $240 figure with a $60 figure paint job.
Oh I totally get that, if I speak independently of the price I still can't see the majority of the flack or the '$60 paint job'. It sometimes feels like we become so jaded with customs, Hot Toys, and Enterbay that we all undercut something that isn't that bad. The paints are not $240 level and that's that, I agree, but staking him out on a shelf looks good, and that's what counts, but it definitely doesn't pull the 'real person macro shot' off.

Undisputable, in my opinion, is the lack of accessories. Absolutely unfathomable. And that would be the thing that would piss me off 10 fold had I paid retail. I'm a little spoiled, my first HT was The Mechanic Tony Stark, so I had a precedence for tons of goodies in a 1/6 figure right away. So I always value that being a feature.

Undisputable, in my opinion, is the lack of accessories. Absolutely unfathomable.

What I don't get about this line of thought, is that in that costume, we didn't see Luke with anything else onscreen except R2 and an X-Wing. No blaster, not holster, no lightsaber. I'm with everyone in the 'over-priced' camp; but I'm not sure what they should have packed with this figure that would make any sense. I'll give you that they occasionally throw nods to Kenner in with vintage-looking blasters etc., but beyond being exclusives (I think) they don't add *that* much value.

What I don't get about this line of thought, is that in that costume, we didn't see Luke with anything else onscreen except R2 and an X-Wing. No blaster, not holster, no lightsaber. I'm with everyone in the 'over-priced' camp; but I'm not sure what they should have packed with this figure that would make any sense. I'll give you that they occasionally throw nods to Kenner in with vintage-looking blasters etc., but beyond being exclusives (I think) they don't add *that* much value.

I would have settled for no accessories and a much lower price.

I suppose this is the difference in collecting and thought. I don't understand your perspective. Sure he didn't have those items, but by not including them you seriously decrease the 'playability' of a figure. Luke also never used the force with his hand, yet the figure has a force pose grip with it. should he not have that? I literally have a one and done pose, which is a shame, because with a blaster and saber I could do -so- much more on my shelf. Who cares if it's cannon? That's the point of a posable figure, you have options to make it how YOU please. Even the SW Black Series figure had a saber and blaster.

I always thought a yellow ladder that could attach to the base would have been a great accessory and offer more posing possibilities.

I always thought a yellow ladder that could attach to the base would have been a great accessory and offer more posing possibilities.

Yeah, I liked that idea too but it would be pretty huge for an accessory and likely not something anyone would actually use, mostly because it would be a "ladder to nowhere" display.:lol

Perhaps if the set offered an X-Wing backdrop like some of the DX HT figures? Or the way BCS Doctor Who boxes have a backdrop magnetized as the cover?

Perhaps if the set offered an X-Wing backdrop like some of the DX HT figures? Or the way BCS Doctor Who boxes have a backdrop magnetized as the cover?

Ooo... that sounds like it'd be an expensive DX type figure, priced in the $240-250 range. Oh wait...:lol

Back