1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys. Here’s what I had to cut off.
33d93dcef4b6064be20b416890bb3963.jpg

bb8c58649424045e13f7c1cbe93a7c5a.jpg

1aa0d87b31b92f9aeb3322e77a7ee35b.jpg

Original I picked up for the head and a couple other parts. The Sideshow helmet hair piece works well with this sculpt too, but figured this was worth a try since I’d otherwise just be selling this hair sculpt off for a few bucks.

Covering the chin and obscuring the eyes and nose, and getting rid of the melon hair certainly improves the likeness.

Original I picked up for the head and a couple other parts. The Sideshow helmet hair piece works well with this sculpt too, but figured this was worth a try since I’d otherwise just be selling this hair sculpt off for a few bucks.

Covering the chin and obscuring the eyes and nose, and getting rid of the melon hair certainly improves the likeness.

It's always surprising and a little confusing how that helmet and visor transform -- just about any sculpt.

Yeah, that hair is monster.

I actually just did the same thing but with a knockoff Luke head. The paint on the knockoff is close to HT quality except the hair is a little distorted and has flat brown paint and he has a bit too much 5 o'clock shadow on the jawline - both of which the helmet and chin strap solves. But yeah the central part of the face looks great.

I actually did this to use as a "visor-up" helmeted-with-bare-hands Luke X (which will join my visor-down-helmeted-with-gloved-hands Luke X and my helmet-off-holding-gloves Luke X.:slap:lol)

It's always surprising and a little confusing how that helmet and visor transform -- just about any sculpt.

Yeah, it is.:lol

Yeah, that hair is monster.

I actually just did the same thing but with a knockoff Luke head. The paint on the knockoff is close to HT quality except the hair is a little distorted and has flat brown paint and he has a bit too much 5 o'clock shadow on the jawline - both of which the helmet and chin strap solves. But yeah the central part of the face looks great.

I actually did this to use as a "visor-up" helmeted-with-bare-hands Luke X (which will join my visor-down-helmeted-with-gloved-hands Luke X and my helmet-off-holding-gloves Luke X.:slap:lol)

Yeah, it is.:lol

Are there any pleather boots out there that would work for this figure? Seems like outside the head, the boots and maybe the gloves could be improved. Seeing some DID boots on eBay that seem like they might be close enough but not sure.

It would be expensive but a pair of HT Han or Luke Jedi boots would be close enough but you’d have to modify them to be shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any pleather boots out there that would work for this figure? Seems like outside the head, the boots and maybe the gloves could be improved. Seeing some DID boots on eBay that seem like they might be close enough but not sure.

There are - the shorter German DID ones work but I never like the way they crinkle. I used them on this Han ATST seen below and this is about as good as I can get them - usually it's sort of one big crease but these boots I crushed and massaged to get them a bit more pliant. The sculpted Dragon ones are reasonably close to the ones SSC used for Luke X, maybe 5-10% bigger but not really noticeable. With some retouching with glossier black paint they look quite close.

The pleather ones do break down, though the ones I had that did were older.

k3XRVzl.jpg

There are - the shorter German DID ones work but I never like the way they crinkle. I used them on this Han ATST seen below and this is about as good as I can get them - usually it's sort of one big crease but these boots I crushed and massaged to get them a bit more pliant. The sculpted Dragon ones are reasonably close to the ones SSC used for Luke X, maybe 5-10% bigger but not really noticeable. With some retouching with glossier black paint they look quite close.

The pleather ones do break down, though the ones I had that did were older.

k3XRVzl.jpg
Yeah I was worried even the short ones might be too long but I forgot that the Luke's outfit is meant to blouse over the boots a bit. Do those boots work on hot toys bodies or do the foot pegs need to be modded in some way?

And are those these ones?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DID-Boots-...ER-B-EGON-1-6-ACTION-FIGURE-TOYS/401652212938

Last edited:
Yeah I was worried even the short ones might be too long but I forgot that the Luke's outfit is meant to blouse over the boots a bit. Do those boots work on hot toys bodies or do the foot pegs need to be modded in some way?

And are those these ones?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DID-Boots-...ER-B-EGON-1-6-ACTION-FIGURE-TOYS/401652212938

Most are foot-style (where they need a foot on the body) and yes that's the kind, but that's too much $$. Have a look on TA. They tend to be closer to $10 - though a few years ago they were less common so more $$$. Today there's a ton of figs come with both the long and short style.

I also recommend taking a dremel and grinding down the sole/heel by 1-2mm. The soles on all of the DID pleather boots (high or low) are too thick.

Looking good Tonton - I really like that sculpt, even more so as a Hamill sculpt without the hair, though my only concern would be that the helmeted usage puts a lot of emphasis on the mouth area which has a slightly toothy vibe (I'm still looking to experiment with painting out the lower line of teeth,) but overall I think it looks really nice.

Decided to turn one of my Luke X figs into an ESB Luke medical center custom using the old HT head. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use this look but it's a kind of cool set-up for the Bespin fatigues (I never understood why that Luke/2-1B scene was in the movie other than to set-up the later outfit) but it's a sort of mythic "call to adventure" look that's pre Battle of Hoth, Dagobah training and Bespin duel and it is a nice blending of those outfits. It also fully shows some very nice cut/sew from Sideshow on the orange jumpsuit.

I still have to get the puffy jacket wired to allow it to drape more naturally. I didn't want to pay the $50 to buy the HT Bespin jacket so I made one. This will be displayed with my custom 2-1B (a major rework of the GG mini-bust with new head and legs.)

K3lDhlF.jpg

moXye8H.jpg

Looks wonderful Tailbane, I really liked that scene in Empire and agree that it was setup to show his “Bespin fatigues” are really just standard issue Alliance Commander fatigues. Where did you get those boots?

That looks sweet Tali. :clap

Interesting way to see outfit parts as well, carried rather worn. And agreed on the toothy ROTJ problem the helmet presents, the lower teeth inclusion was a pretty strange choice.

Talibane, nice work! I wonder if the Bespin Fatigues were worn underneath or stored in the X-Wing to be worn once landed. I have a 1/1 X-Wing pilot outfit (that i use with the Rebel Legion) and i don't see myself wearing anything, other than a tee or underwear, underneath... Too hot! Now, for a 1/6 scale figure, it's another story... :-D

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks guys!:hi5: I believe I have now officially passed JediJim as having the most OT Lukes (a dubious honor at best.:lol)

And Viv - yeah in the 2-1B scene, Luke has the Bespin jacket visible underneath his x-wing jumpsuit just before he zips up. As I mentioned, I think it's the sole reason for the scene. My guess is they assembled Luke's arrival at Dagobah on film and questions came up as to why he's in the x-wing outfit one minute, then suddenly (without access to his ship) is in this brown Bespin outfit we've never seen before, so they shot this Hoth medical center scene to visually set up the Bespin outfit. It's a weird little scene that seems to serve no purpose at all yet not many people ever mention that.

I worked on this easy custom to take a break from my Bossk custom which is the most difficult custom I've done since Bespin Guard, which was super tough.

hen suddenly (without access to his ship) is in this brown Bespin outfit we've never seen before, so they shot this Hoth medical center scene to visually set up the Bespin outfit. It's a weird little scene that seems to serve no purpose at all yet not many people ever mention that.

The thing i always asked was how did he get all those crates out of the x-wing when we see him specifically putting them all back in the underside when he's about to leave...
Lol.

Back