1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right. I was hoping a good paint job would bring it out more, but it's still off. There's still no perfect anh Luke but this I can live with at least until someone sculpts one

Revisiting some older figures. Red 5 Luke is still a winner on my shelves(with helmet on ofcourse):)

F9E86D3A-BBEB-4353-9D2B-75E64694E6CE.jpg
13558FF1-55AB-4AA2-AD60-23561BC2231B.jpg

Great pics there! Yes indeed I?m really glad I got him. They tailored the suit really well, and with the helmet on it looks superb.

Someone should get a list going for replacement rebel insignias and stripe. It's the only thing that bugs me about the figure - the rebel "anchor" emblems are too small, the wrong red color and wrongly placed.

If someone made some decals, it's really zero effort to hit the helmet with some isopropyl/metholyated spirits with a q-tip to get rid of the existing emblems then stick on the new decals.

Great pics there! Yes indeed I?m really glad I got him. They tailored the suit really well, and with the helmet on it looks superb.
Cheers Indy:duff

Someone should get a list going for replacement rebel insignias and stripe. It's the only thing that bugs me about the figure - the rebel "anchor" emblems are too small, the wrong red color and wrongly placed.

If someone made some decals, it's really zero effort to hit the helmet with some isopropyl/metholyated spirits with a q-tip to get rid of the existing emblems then stick on the new decals.
There's some great choices for waterslide decals on eBay readily available for 1:6 scale figures.

Cheers Indy:duff

There's some great choices for waterslide decals on eBay readily available for 1:6 scale figures.

Yeah, I've been through all of them - unfortunately none work for Luke's x-wing helmet. Most are not much better than the SSC emblems.

I did contact a 1/6 decals guy on eBay a year or two ago to see if he could make some maroon correctly shaped/sized ones for a Luke helmet but the guy was pretty unreliable.

Thank you.
Wow! That does look good, fantastic job on repaint...makes a good figure even better with the right paint.

Irezumi, making the macrobinocular pose look better than most weapon poses haha Inspired and will help continue this very cool trend :D

Chakaman?s helmet revamp - not to mention his Red Squadron... :drool

I picked this guy up a few months back. No plan of any head swaps. I think he looks good with the helmet on... only way I would ever display him anyway.

I want a 1/6 Porkins!

Now that would be a figure which would surprise the hell out of Hot Toys on the number sold I reckon !

Insta buy! New Hoody thread? 🤔
I?ve thought about getting that yakuza or large fighter body but a custom made flight suit would probably be the only thing to fit it. Still want that body for a Malakili.

Insta buy! New Hoody thread? ��
I?ve thought about getting that yakuza or large fighter body but a custom made flight suit would probably be the only thing to fit it. Still want that body for a Malakili.

Ha yeah that Malakili body came immediately to my mind as well !

But a custom would be a lot of work. Like you say custom flight suit, and the had sculpt too. Not easy, unless there is some headsculpt out there that looks similar ??

edit : so just checked and found this guy is selling 3D prints for Black Series scale figures. Could probably get him to do some at 1/6 pretty easily. Or if I could get the file I could print 1/6 scale no problem. But would need to find someone to paint it. I'm no good at that.

I could also 3D design and print the chest box etc.

Then there are also those helmet decals Talibane was talking about.

Would be awesome if we could all band together as a group project, assuming someone knows a good headsculpt painter etc to make it happen.

s-l1600-44.jpg

^^ Yeah I exchanged messages with that guy and he said he can do those heads in 1/6 scale. Not sure about the detail though - they almost look like slightly less detailed versions of 2006/7 era Sideshow sculpts. Those Porkins eyebrows look to be chiseled on at 1/6 scale.:lol

Maybe he could do a few tweaks to make the detail a little better.

That is an awesome repaint on the helmet there Chakaman. I wish the figure had already come like that!

A couple of somewhat recent shots I took of him with Rogue One and ANH art:

282162a835256a58e47452cf05ba189f.jpg

8c9da6aa5a60015e146ad0030748a783.jpg

Thank you.
Wow! That does look good, fantastic job on repaint...makes a good figure even better with the right paint.

Thanks!

Chakaman?s helmet revamp - not to mention his Red Squadron... :drool

I picked this guy up a few months back. No plan of any head swaps. I think he looks good with the helmet on... only way I would ever display him anyway.

I want a 1/6 Porkins!

Thanks Paul. I too would love a Porkins, he would fit in nicely with the rest of my Red Squadron.

20200628_181754.jpg

Thanks!

Thanks Paul. I too would love a Porkins, he would fit in nicely with the rest of my Red Squadron.

View attachment 488775

I'd be concerned about whether Porkins would fit nicely into the Sideshow jumpsuit.:lol

Amazing line up there Chaka - love it!

And I like your repaint of that Luke helmet - I really would love to get some accurate Luke decals made up as I've got 4 helmets that I'd use them on.

I'd be concerned about whether Porkins would fit nicely into the Sideshow jumpsuit.:lol

Amazing line up there Chaka - love it!

And I like your repaint of that Luke helmet - I really would love to get some accurate Luke decals made up as I've got 4 helmets that I'd use them on.

That really is one of the coolest lineups of four figures that I remember seeing :clap

Back