Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your welcome. Yeah at the end of the day the ridges didnt bother me. Hey they work for Ruffles.

just started on this:

5x3c6a.jpg

A quick Paint job (not photoshop, thats for sizzies, real men use PAINT.) to see which eye position would be optimal, and I say the pic on the left would be just about perfect, making him look on his guard, rather than suprised!

2mqkjmd.jpg

Who agrees? Will probably repaint mine like the one on the left :rock

I think he looks less surprised in the pic on the right. Good eye positions either way.

Edit:

Hey! I thought I recognized that pic. LOL

Worked on him some more today.

2rfa1b8.jpg

I just ported Luke over to a TT narrow shoulder body and the effect is amazing!
Much much better.
I'll be re-working the original sculpt my buddy John did, I'll post pics when it's done.

I think he looks less surprised in the pic on the right. Good eye positions either way.

Edit:

Hey! I thought I recognized that pic. LOL

Agreed... :dunno I think the portrait looks less suprised and more determind w/ eyes looking off to the left as the pic on the right shows (that's the way I have mine looking)....

DSC01012-1.jpg

When that pic was posted I knew I had seen it before...That repaint is well executed Justin. :lightsabe

Last edited:
I know not many people liked the sculpt I commissioned, but I wanted to show off how good I think the narrow shoulder TT works for ROTJ Luke:

DSC02798.jpg

Looking back, and after the first elation, I do think he looks too old, so I've asked my buddy Fabio Rubio to have another go at painting the sculpt to see if he can "soften" it up a bit. Hopefully he can work some of his magic.

DSC02801.jpg

DSC02809.jpg

DSC02810.jpg

The boots are Sideshow, but a newer sculpt, I think either Smuggler Solo or Piett. I think they fit and look much better than the original boots. The gloved hand fits perfectly on the TT wrist peg.

I actually love the hair sculpt, but the face just doesnt look like mark hamill, has nothing to do with age, but Mark just has a far more rounded face :)

just try again, I'm sure you can up with something good!

here, just look, Mark has a MUCH more rounded face! ;)
mt1134027490.jpg

I think it's a combination of many small details, but you're right, one of the things that I have thought about is to fill up the cheeks a bit. If the repaint doesn't help much I think I'll ask the sculptor to do just that and see what happens.

WOW! And you were _____ing about the accuracy of HT's Alien?!?!?!?! :google

Did Robert Redford play Luke?

The hair sculpt looks good at least. . .

:rotfl

Yeah well, thank the lord for small mercies!

I really want to see the repaint though... the unpainted sculpt had a much better resemblance, or at least seemed to.
Might be wishful thinking, but I do see some MH there. In the end, I feel the sculpt just ended-up being too rough, so some of the characteristics were overly accentuated: the lines are too deep, the upper lip too pronounced, the cleft chin too deep.

But I really can't bring myself to use the original SST head sculpt... it's just so big, and the expression so vacuous...

I wish Darren had made a re-sculpt, like he did with Legolas and Anakin. Those two ended up much much better than the originals.

In the end, I can see myself asking the sculptor to give it another try... :D

At any rate, how do you guys like the look of the TT body?

:rotfl

Yeah well, thank the lord for small mercies!

I really want to see the repaint though... the unpainted sculpt had a much better resemblance, or at least seemed to.
Might be wishful thinking, but I do see some MH there. In the end, I feel the sculpt just ended-up being too rough, so some of the characteristics were overly accentuated: the lines are too deep, the upper lip too pronounced, the cleft chin too deep.

But I really can't bring myself to use the original SST head sculpt... it's just so big, and the expression so vacuous...

I wish Darren had made a re-sculpt, like he did with Legolas and Anakin. Those two ended up much much better than the originals.

In the end, I can see myself asking the sculptor to give it another try... :D

At any rate, how do you guys like the look of the TT body?

If you ever saw Mark Hamill in person, you'd know that big melon Sideshow sculpted is fairly accurate. :lol

Attachments

• DCS_0643.jpg
    DCS_0643.jpg
    682.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DCS_0640.jpg
    DCS_0640.jpg
    621.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DCS_0654.jpg
    DCS_0654.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DCS_0651.jpg
    DCS_0651.jpg