Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And another one...

15014.jpg

I think the HT slim looks great, my only criticism on it would be how massive the left hand looks. Your Vader looks very good too.

:rotfl

Yeah well, thank the lord for small mercies!

I really want to see the repaint though... the unpainted sculpt had a much better resemblance, or at least seemed to.
Might be wishful thinking, but I do see some MH there. In the end, I feel the sculpt just ended-up being too rough, so some of the characteristics were overly accentuated: the lines are too deep, the upper lip too pronounced, the cleft chin too deep.

But I really can't bring myself to use the original SST head sculpt... it's just so big, and the expression so vacuous...

I wish Darren had made a re-sculpt, like he did with Legolas and Anakin. Those two ended up much much better than the originals.

In the end, I can see myself asking the sculptor to give it another try... :D

At any rate, how do you guys like the look of the TT body?

you guys persuaded me to repaint luke's eyes. i hate painting eyes so these aren't the best, but i feel they are better than the sideshow bug-eyes. i took somebody's idea and painted him looking to the left.

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

I think the HT slim looks great, my only criticism on it would be how massive the left hand looks. Your Vader looks very good too.

Funny you should mention the left hand, as I noticed that the often maligned "left paw of death" of the old Bucks is pretty much the same size as the Hot Toys TT's...

BTW, the body is not the slim, but the narrow shoulder.

Thanks for the comments!

I really like how the narrow shoulder body looks for Jedi Luke. It fills up the outfit MUCH better, without coming across too muscular.

The Redford and Carter references to the custom sculpt were hilarious accurate! :lol

I found that Jedi Luke's eyebrows are set too high for my liking, so I sanded them gone, flattering his forehead a bit and allowing me to paint eyebrows where I want to paint them without the sculpted eyebrows showing though on his forehead :lol

So, I held my breath, and actually quite darn LIKE the outcome!

before pic:
2qswaxe.jpg

after! :
24x2mv9.jpg

body pic:
j8dyfs.jpg

Still need to put him on a slim TT, and fill his body up slightly, as well as fix his collar, oh. and I STILL need to dullcote him and gloss his eyes and lips.. :( Damn Dullcote wont get delivered!

I found that Jedi Luke's eyebrows are set too high for my liking, so I sanded them gone, flattering his forehead a bit and allowing me to paint eyebrows where I want to paint them without the sculpted eyebrows showing though on his forehead :lol

So, I held my breath, and actually quite darn LIKE the outcome!
after! :
24x2mv9.jpg

You are definitely onto something here. Excellent job.

Back