Lucas endorses Obama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read alot of what you posted as a pride in his African heritage and I don't see anything wrong with that. I also think that many people who have parents of different races can have a difficult time in finding themselves. It may be that he experienced discrimination from both races and felt that he would be better to align himself with one as opposed to being alienated by both. As a white person I don't think I can ever understand what it is like to be a minority in this country, and I don't think it is fair or right to judge a person's comments without understanding where they are coming from.

As for his comment about Muslims, I don't know what he means by that. But one thing that comes to mind is that he could be saying should the tone in the country move against Islam and its followers to the point that they are being discriminated against that he will stand with them. Should anyone's freedom of religion in this country be threatened I will stand with that religion myself based on the prinicples that this country was based on, which I believe strongly in.

Wow! Add this to what Dusty said and I think I've heard some of the most intelligent comments ever offered in a political discussion online. Bravo

Lucas endorses Obama? Will this turn into more votes for Obama? Who knows but back in 2004 there were plenty of celebrities who endorsed John Kerry and he still ended up loosing. However, Kerry's defeat could be seen as more his campaign's fault than those who endorsed him.

Who knows, but for me the question comes down to who will do the best for the US and her citizens. Hopefully they will win.

I think it was just a general view that through history people were often times quick and happy to embrace changes that would be damaging to their form of government/democracy.

I just want Obama to win, plain and simple. I like who he is, what he believes in and what he wants to do. He's the first candidate in many years who has actually made me want to follow him. And besides, I want a President who can enunciate his words and not make us all look like slack jawed Yokels. :lol

And dammit, I'm tired of my country getting itself involved in wars that never should have happened in the first place. We need to be more careful of where we point our guns and who we offend. We are not untouchable and we are not infallible. Rome fell, so can we. It's time for change.

I just want Obama to win, plain and simple. I like who he is, what he believes in and what he wants to do. He's the first candidate in many years who has actually made me want to follow him. And besides, I want a President who can enunciate his words and not make us all look like slack jawed Yokels. :lol

And dammit, I'm tired of my country getting itself involved in wars that never should have happened in the first place. We need to be more careful of where we point our guns and who we offend. We are not untouchable and we are not infallible. Rome fell, so can we. It's time for change.

But DA, we had guys point their guns or planes at us first and offend and slaughter us first. Remember all the videos that came out around 9/11 showing Arabs dancing in the streets, handing out candy to children, and celebrating the murder of innocent Americans?

We had to respond.

But DA, we had guys point their guns or planes at us first and offend and slaughter us first. Remember all the videos that came out around 9/11 showing Arabs dancing in the streets, handing out candy to children, and celebrating the murder of innocent Americans?

We had to respond.

Ok, but respond to the right country/people.

We had to respond.

Are you saying Iraq is responsible for 9/11?

Ok, but respond to the right country/people.

Exactly. It was terrorists who hit us, Al Quada. Not Iraq. I was there, I fought in Iraq. I spent 9 months over there when I was in. Even on our way to the Middle East, we all asked ourselves... "Why Iraq?" No one had an answer.

The Fog of lies was too thick, the weapons that weren't there. The links that Saddam had to Al Quada. All too vague to go and remove him from power. Don't get me wrong, he was an evil dictator who was only doing bad things. But to put the weight on 9/11 on Iraq's shoulders and say one Islamic group damns all Islamic people... it's wrong.

We make ourselves out to look no better than the people we are fighting. It's horrible.

Al Quada deserved our fury, Osama Bin Laden and those under him... deserve our rage... But not all other Islamic dictators just because they funded the group.

It was all about oil. Plain and simple. Bush used our pain as a reason to go in and take it.

Oh,

And what shall become of... Poor... Poor.... Hillary?

Oh,

And what shall become of... Poor... Poor.... Hillary?

I hope Hillary aligns herself with Obama, unite the Democrats and give them the one two punch to defeat Mccain and work together to fix the mess that the Bush administration has left in Washington. :rock

I hope Hillary aligns herself with Obama, unite the Democrats and give them the one two punch to defeat Mccain and work together to fix the mess that the Bush administration has left in Washington. :rock

:rock on Josh. I think that with Obama as the front, Clinton as VP they can capture a HUGE chunk of the nation. Those that say they won't vote for Obama if Clinton takes the VP: be realistic, she captured states he didnt, he took states she never would have, a combination makes the most sense for a party that has struggled to find footing in the wake of Rove politics.

We had to respond.

It was footage used from a completely different event in the mideast, just another way the CNN's and others continue to feed some B.S. Stop watching American news.

Exactly. It was terrorists who hit us, Al Quada. Not Iraq. I was there, I fought in Iraq. I spent 9 months over there when I was in. Even on our way to the Middle East, we all asked ourselves... "Why Iraq?" No one had an answer.

The Fog of lies was too thick, the weapons that weren't there. The links that Saddam had to Al Quada. All too vague to go and remove him from power. Don't get me wrong, he was an evil dictator who was only doing bad things. But to put the weight on 9/11 on Iraq's shoulders and say one Islamic group damns all Islamic people... it's wrong.

We make ourselves out to look no better than the people we are fighting. It's horrible.

Al Quada deserved our fury, Osama Bin Laden and those under him... deserve our rage... But not all other Islamic dictators just because they funded the group.

It was all about oil. Plain and simple. Bush used our pain as a reason to go in and take it.

Very Very intelligent Josh, I would have to agree 100%, sure there are radical groups but until you're ready to believe there are good and bad of all kinds the sooner you finally get it!

Afghanastan? Terrorists? Sure I'll buy it until they start drilling the 6 Trillion in untapped oil in the Caspean Sea. Iraq? Terrorists? No more than any average American or Canadian for that matter. The illegal invasion of Iraq IMO just clinched the start of not only the next world war but a Holy War that will never end.

It was footage used from a completely different event in the mideast, just another way the CNN's and others continue to feed some B.S. Stop watching American news.

Very Very intelligent Josh, I would have to agree 100%, sure there are radical groups but until you're ready to believe there are good and bad of all kinds the sooner you finally get it!

Afghanastan? Terrorists? Sure I'll buy it until they start drilling the 6 Trillion in untapped oil in the Caspean Sea. Iraq? Terrorists? No more than any average American or Canadian for that matter. The illegal invasion of Iraq IMO just clinched the start of not only the next world war but a Holy War that will never end.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Very well spoken bro. Bush has officially made us into the bad guys. We are now the Empire. :vader

I'm sure she won't fully support Obama, I liked her policies more but she is such an @ss about everything and that's why she lost.

DA I think you are right. If Obama is going to win he and Clinton will have to present a unified front. If they can come to terms and put aside their differences than that will a step in the right direction for this country.

I look at how McCain was in 2000 when he was trying to get the Republican nomination and what happened to him and wonder what would have happened if things went his way and he became President. Things might be very different today.

Hmmm who to pick. The old white guy that looks like he will die any minute or the mixed guy that goes to a black church where they bash whitey and The US of A.

This is the best our country could come up with????

Seconded.

Seriously, I don't know why ANYONE endorses NObama. Considering the fact that he looks down on Americans and has the gall to think he's better than everyone else, aswell as doesn't even put his hand over his heart when the National Anthem plays(Which is what outrages me the most, since it's literally a spit in the face of this country and everything it stands for), I think he's the worst.

I'll support McCain(I couldn't care less about his age) just because I don't want NObama and Hitlery to screw this country up more than it already has.

to see an opportunity (Obama) of such promise go unrecognized by so many leaves me empty. perhaps the time has come to put the toys down and venture away from parental influence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back