George Lucas: "I'm Retiring"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, then you know all about it. Does being a hotshot princess with high rank and skill equate to effeminacy? (I use 'princess' loosely.) That is what power does to the minds of those who want it for the wrong reasons. I've always thought that the progression from Anakin to Vader made perfect sense.

I use effeminite in this case to basically describe his mannerisms. Plus the long curly hair doesn't do his image any favors. It doesn't matter how much the movie tells me of his high rank as skill if I just don't believe him in the role. Every time I see him acting evil he seems less threatening and more like someone throwing a hissy fit.

Don't get me wrong, I can definatly see darkness in Hayden's Anakin and it is easy to see him turning into a villian. But there are different types of villiany, and Hayden's self-centered, prissy whinyness doesn't seem to match up at all with the adult Vader's presence as a strong, manly, and stern military commander.

Last edited:
Aw, come on. Vader's always had a soft side. :lol

If you figure in the depth of agony---psychologically and physically---that Anakin went through after Padme's death, then his own surgical transformation and spiritual failure, isn't is conceivable that he would have changed into something more stern and unyielding? He was a great soldier during the Clone Wars. His angst came from not being treated as highly as he thought of himself. As Vader, he gets obedience. No one challenges his authority. However, when they do cross his path, he has a fit and force chokes them.

I don't know. Either I didn't think Anakin was as much of a wuss as everyone else thinks, or I don't think Vader is as monolithic. ROTS enhanced ROTJ for me.

Yes, I definatly agree from a realistic standpoint the emotional and physical transformation of becoming Darth Vader would have no doubt radically changed him over the course of 20 years.

But in the end, isnt the whole point of prequels to link up the characters and movies? And part of that is making the characters recognizeable versions of thier older selves. Anakin and Vader are just too different for me to percieve as the same man.

Last edited:
Im really suprised that people love ROTS the most out of all the prequels. If anything I thought that was the worst one. The dialouge was the clunkyest, the acting was the worst, Darth Vader' curruption was rushed, CGI was over the top, and to this day, I still cannot get over the fact that the mighty Darth Vader is simply an annoying and awkward effeminate boy who whines alot. I just cannot connect the two characters as one in the same.

With all due respect I must disagree on every single one of your points. I thought the dialog was par with the any other Star Wars film, The acting in scenes was some of the best in any of the films. The CGI was fine, I mean if you want over the top look at the Transformer films or even some of the Marvel stuff. And most important of all; of course Darth Vader is going to be a little emo. Why else would he turn to the Dark Side if he didn't feel some sense of persecution. I thought the film worked on so many levels, Order 66? Freaking Awesome!! Yoda vs the Emperer, Anakin vs Obi-wan, awesome score, the feeling of doom and gloom.
Sorry, I loved it.

Fair enough , does the yet unreleased info have to do with starwars 1313?

That i don't know, it can't be Underworld as thats at least another 3-4 years away from what GL and co are saying. I can see them making a big deal out of the OT being released in 3D but haven't they done that already? It certainly won't be a Sequel Trilogy.

Star Wars 1313 is a good call, but at the moment its this big mystery. I hope its not gonna be the big unveiling of the Seth Green series.

I wonder if we'll ever see a director's cut of Revenge of the Sith? GL was forced/negotiated the final cut that was released. At least Dooku's killing and Anakin's slaughter of the separartist council was edited. RotS is great now but a DC could put it up on par with Empire.

I wonder if we'll ever see a director's cut of Revenge of the Sith? GL was forced/negotiated the final cut that was released. At least Dooku's killing and Anakin's slaughter of the separartist council was edited. RotS is great now but a DC could put it up on par with Empire.

Easy there, big fella...

Revenge of the Sith is already on par with Empire.

352ro07.gif

:lol

I mean no disrespect to Empire - But I'm also a big fan of ROTS. I wish Episode I and II were more on E III's level. And yes, in my opinion, III was just as enjoyable to watch as V.

Last edited:
Empire Strikes Back is the best movie ever. It's better than everything, and not just better. It's a lot better. Empire Strikes Back makes the Bible look like a comic book. It should replace all dictionaries and be made the official language of Earth. Babies should be exposed to it in a constant loop for the first 18 months of their lives.

Revenge of the Sith is simply not that good.

:lol

I mean no disrespect the Empire - But I'm also a big fan of ROTS. I wish Episode I and II were more on E III's level. And yes, in my opinion, III was just as enjoyable to watch as V.

Glad you liked the GIF, I think its hilarious. I can't really take credit for it, I saw someone else use it in a similar manner recently and saved it to use myself. Nathan Fillion is brilliant. In fact I think its time I started watching Firefly again. Only ever watched it once through.

As for ROTS and ESB, for me theres no comparison, but to each his own :peace

Empire Strikes Back is the best movie ever. It's better than everything, and not just better. It's a lot better. Empire Strikes Back makes the Bible look like a comic book. It should replace all dictionaries and be made the official language of Earth. Babies should be exposed to it in a constant loop for the first 18 months of their lives.

Now you're talking. :1-1:

131202759057.png

Back