Lord of the Rings in Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Quest Is Over: Director Peter Jackson's Epic Trilogy from J.R.R. Tolkien's Classic Books Makes Its Long-Awaited Hi-Def Debut on Brilliant Blu-Ray.
All 3 Theatrical Versions in Lustrous 1080p and Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Audio.
Deluxe 7-Disc Set Includes 3 Special Features DVDs with 7+ Hours of Spellbinding Behind-the-Moviemaking Material and a Bonus Disc Containing Digital Copies of All 3 Adventures.

I'm getting it, even without the EE's.

I have owned LOTR in HD for years now on my server.

It looks incredible. I cannot wait for these because they will probably have an even higher bitrate.

Official box art:

original.pjpeg

Pass.

I'll wait for the EE versions. Those are the true versions of the films for me.

Same here - I saw the EE version before the theatrical. When I eventually did see the theatrical, I was a bit disappointed (especially with FOTR).

I'd like to see footage of the battle in mirkwood and lothlorien. I'd seen some pictures of Lothlorien elves standing over piles of dead orc's with arrows sticking out all over the place. I wonder if any footage was filmed of battles like dale and the lonely mountain thats just never been published. I'd love to see an army of dwarves... I guess we'll just have to wait for the hobbit part two.

Glad to hear someone came to their senses and the EE's will be offered soon after (or better yet, simultaneously with) the Theatrical versions!

Now, I'm happy! :D

There's been such a huge backlash, I wouldn't be surprised if they're going to release the extended by the end of the year.

I am getting both, sometimes I just don't have 12+ hours to watch the movies. I like having the option to watch either. It's only money who cares...... : o P

Jesse

I think the extended versions are exponentially better, but at the same time I am glad I saw the regular ones first. There are some scenes in the EEs that dont exactly flow very well (which is obviously why they were cut), and scenes that make a first time viewing even more confusing. When my daughter gets older, I plan on watching these with her and am half-debating on showing her the regular editions first. Theres already so much to follow (especially of you didnt read the books), and i think it makes you appreciate the EEs even moreso.

And, anything that has exclusive content will be mine, either way. I would love to see footage of all those scenes we've seen photos of, like dortitzjr said...

I can't see why anybody would want to watch ROTK without Christopher Lee in it.
I'm waiting for the extended versions and it looks like I don't have long to wait after the theatricals come out

Back