Lord of the Rings in Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are to many responses to read through.....b/c the time is drawing near.

I need to know if this BD version will be any better, than the HD versions, that have been shown repeatedly on TV?

Responses requested.

Reviews on PQ haven't been stellar, so it's possible that even though the hdtv broadcasts are only 1080i so far, not the 1080p you'll be getting off the blu, the PQ will be better on the TV version. If you streamed the movie On Demand, I believe you could get it in 1080p though...not sure if LOTR is one that's been offered that way. So PQ might be better or even on the broadcast version, depending on which one you've seen.

Sound quality is likely to be far superior on the blu, where lossless audio will really make a difference. And let's not forget, you won't see that annoying 'tnthd' logo in the bottom corner :D

I can't say for sure but I think the gift card came with the presale, at least from Best Buy.

It did. I got one. It is a $50.00 SS gift card. :D it came inside the special pre-order case Best Buy stores sold. I haven't used the card...yet.

Back