Lord of the Rings in Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned somwhere in this thread but has there been any speculation as to when the BR extended versions would be released? I assume that it isn't anytime in 2010. :monkey2

My understanding was they it would be timed to promote The Hobbit. So it could be 2012 for all we know.

But the only official word has been that they will be released "at a later date."

Reviews of the bluray transfer are now up on the web. Looks like another bad transfer. I imagine if its that bad they'll just make a "re-mastered" version like their doing with Gladiator. Just another way to make more money.

fellowship got kinda poor reviews, but TTT and ROTK got good reviews, so they vary. all in all, sounds like they are all good but could have been better.

New digitally remastered Theatrical version! then 10 months later New Uncut extended edition! (bad transfer) then 2 years later New remastered uncut extended edtion + theatrical release remastered edition box set!

New digitally remastered Theatrical version! then 10 months later New Uncut extended edition! (bad transfer) then 2 years later New remastered uncut extended edtion + theatrical release remastered edition box set!

yeah now you've got it.:lol though i'm sure they'll only make one remastered version.:rolleyes:

Yeah the bad transfer 3D version then the remastered 3D.:eek:

You would think with this being one of the absolute classics that they would be able to get the transfer near to perfect.

Will just wait for the EE's as i was always intending to but just hope they improve the transfer somewhat.:D

Somebody might have all ready mentioned it but what is the difference between the $75 and the $63 versions listed on BestBuys site? It kind of looks like the one comes with a sword.

l will wait till the hobbit and extended versions are released in a box set in a couple years. and hopefully then the transfers will be better quality.

Where did you see the EE versions were announced for later this year? I've seen no such announcements...

There hasn't been one, and the speculation has been a release to coincide with The Hobbit; which only keeps getting delayed.

I still might get the Blu's just for the reason that 1) we don't know when the EE's are coming and 2) the sound quality appears to be off the charts, 3) with a SS or Weta GC they almost pay for themselves.

Back