Lord of the Rings in Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It did. I got one. It is a $50.00 SS gift card. :D it came inside the special pre-order case Best Buy stores sold. I haven't used the card...yet.

Ok, so its just the one with the steelbook not another one with the actual movies. Maybe I'll pass then and wait for the EE.

Ok, so its just the one with the steelbook not another one with the actual movies. Maybe I'll pass then and wait for the EE.

It says nothing online at BB or in their ad about a giftcard. I can't blow up the sticker on the outside of the box to read it though. I'm doubting it.

I just called BB to hold mine till I get there. I'm splurging and getting the one with the sword. I have $5 off with the pre-sell and a $20 reward certificate. I doubt there's a gift card, but I'll let you know.

Edit: Found this on the Sideshow site. They list a giftcard. ?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=8479

Last edited:
I picked it up at Meijers, where it was $60 and not the originally advertised $65. Since I had a $50 GC, I had no problem 'spending' $10 on this :D

I don't have the TNT version still on DVR, but I was going to do some comparing tonight between the upscaled EE versions and the new blu versions. Anyone interested in screen shots?

K pics as requested. Came with the Digital copies too, but just in a regular case. So just tuck that away somewhere. The steel book is nice though. Quite compact.

Had a huge haul today too lol Came home with alot of things lol

BluRayHaul003.jpg

BluRayHaul006.jpg

BluRayHaul005.jpg

I am not sold on this one.

All reviews from the sites I frequent have given FOTR a real low PQ score. They do say the other two improve but only so slightly.

For these pics there is no reason they cannot be 4.5/5 or 5/5 PQ scores !

I would never get these, personal choice. But for a uberdeal I would... like one guys' haul of it for about $10.00.

Picked mine up today, the Best Buy exclusive. It comes with a $10 Weta card, no SS card, but that came in the presale. The sword is pretty cool. :)

I'm sure my untrained eye won't notice a thing. :lol

I can't believe how technical some people can be. Half that stuff in that link I have no idea what they're even talking about. Techno geek babble. :rolleyes: :lol

:D

Yeah, I saw the Blur-Ray set with the sword today at work at Best Buy. The sword look almost 1/6 scale. I think it'd look great in SS's 12" Aragorn's hands. Does anyone have Aragorn and the sword? Can you post a picture of him here holding it? Thanks!

Sorry, "The Ween". I didn't mean to quote you. I was trying to quote someone else, and got yours quoted by mistake.

Last edited:
Back