Lord of the Rings in Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not usually that crazy about steelbooks, but this looks like a steelbook with a sticker on it--the artwork isn't printed on like usual. Even less desirable in my book.

I'm not usually that crazy about steelbooks, but this looks like a steelbook with a sticker on it--the artwork isn't printed on like usual. Even less desirable in my book.

That's exactly what it is. They call them stickerbooks on the steelbook forums. I'm waiting to see what futureshop comes up with because from what they've been saying, it's supposed to be a regular steel jumbo book, but it will still only house 6 discs.

I think I'll have to wait until the extended versions are released before I buy. The first time I watched the trilogy was the ext version; it was over a year before I ever saw the theatrical version. When I finally did see it, I hated it, compared to the extended! :horror It seemed to be choppy to me.

I watched the theatrical version of FOTR last night - still seems chopped up. Any rumours as to when the Ex will be released?

I think I'll have to wait until the extended versions are released before I buy. The first time I watched the trilogy was the ext version; it was over a year before I ever saw the theatrical version. When I finally did see it, I hated it, compared to the extended! :horror It seemed to be choppy to me.

I watched the theatrical version of FOTR last night - still seems chopped up. Any rumours as to when the Ex will be released?

From what I've heard, not until The Hobbit is released nor near release.

Since I've seen the theatrical version several times, I know what to expect. Those are nice when watching with someone who doesn't want to sit through the extended, like my mother. :)

23m7tjd.jpg

The 1080p extended versions are "around" if you know where to look :naughty.
So is Star Wars - screw you George for the delay.
They will do me until they are officially released because I am not buying this blatant double dip ____.

I like when people put "rare" and "hard to find" where there are 50+ for sale at the same time. :)

i think i read somewhere that its limited to 3000... each best buy would have less than 10 per store. my best buy only had 8.

Then some of those people went in and bought them all. Either that or the employees took them to sell.

so let me get this right then, people are buying lotr bluray steel box cases only :confused::confused::confused:

that's just to .............:monkey3

Yes sir, I am starting to feel like WB taking over is similar to another company that begins with lucas and ends with film.

so let me get this right then, people are buying lotr bluray steel box cases only :confused::confused::confused:

that's just to .............:monkey3

Can you imagine spending that much money on the just the case? Though there is a $50 giftcard in it too, but still.

I bought one for $5 because I can use the card. And if I don't get the blu-ray, I have plans for the case. $5 is a good buy, but $25+ is silly!

Back