Looks like Medicom got the Gantz license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
filed1.jpg

Medicom needs to up the ante on anime figure's imo. There's a hell of alot of anime that need 1/6 treatment. yea we got FMA and Death note and of course freakin dbz. We need more naruto, one piece , bleach and some more of the non mainstream aswell.

Like Sailor Moon, Fate Stay Night, Queen's Blade, Ikki Tousen and Guyver. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Like Sailor Moon, Fate Stay Night, Queen's Blade, Ikki Tousen and Guyver. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Sailor Moon would be a sweet addition. I'd love F/SN and I would probably snag every single release. The one I would be most excited for would be the Fate/Zero Berserker and any form of Kotomine (my all time favorite character)

A "Seven Samurai" set would be awesome. I just watched the entire series again on blu-ray.

People get tired of hearing this from me; I have some 100+ Medicom figures. A few really old ones - and have not had one body break. I like to use Medicom bodies for most of my customs too since they're slimmer and lighter so I can add muscle to them without having them weigh a ton when I'm done.

Thanks for the info.

At first glance, articulated body + fitted suit = lots of pressure in articulation, then chances of breaking parts.

Thanks for the info.

At first glance, articulated body + fitted suit = lots of pressure in articulation, then chances of breaking parts.

Try to either pose your figures in a neutral stance. Or if in a dynamic pose - try to change the pose from time to time. Leaving a figure in a pose that is stressful on a joint is asking for problems. That's what happened to my old Takara Batman and the first HT Batman Begins. I left them for over a month in an "action" pose and the rubber stretched and split/cracked. No broken joints as a result from stressful poses though.

People get tired of hearing this from me; I have some 100+ Medicom figures. A few really old ones - and have not had one body break. I like to use Medicom bodies for most of my customs too since they're slimmer and lighter so I can add muscle to them without having them weigh a ton when I'm done.

wouldnt it be funny if you went to check on them and all of them are broken just out of no wear.:monkey1

:rotfl That's the other thing I'm in the habit of doing. I rotate my figurs out of storage to display on my home office desk. Just to let them breath and to inspect for any odd deterioration during storage.

I've found a few issues, but those were from the blasted tape that are used to hold some accessories in the trays. Those get gummy and brown with age and will discolor anything it touches btw.

Are you familiar with the manga already? The live action is a pretty terrible adaptation/representation of the series. The part of the anime that followed the manga is fairly good, but a little slow. The manga is the best.

As for Medicom themselves, yeah the pricing is the killer problem, but this Kei looks like he might be one of their first ever releases to warrant that price as he ACTUALLY comes with accessories, very notable ones at that. The guns are huge and it looks like he comes with at least two of them and he's got the sword too. They'll probably try to include unique gimmicks with each release so that helps justify the price a lot more. If they can keep them all consistent with the gun then this is going to be one of the best 1/6 lineups out there.

I'm actually really excited since it looks like they nailed it this time. The suit is nicely done (I thought they'd try to make it overly simplistic like Motoko's suit, but it has a very nice look to it) and more importantly, it looks like it has little to no restriction on the articulation. The part that worries me is how skinny Medicom bodies usually are. It won't be too much of an issue with Kei and Reika, but with say Muscle Rider and Kato they really need to make sure they get their large builds correct. Kato isn't too muscular, but he's decently built and very tall while Muscle Rider is called Muscle Rider for a reason.

The Movies are Ok. you can't expect them to summarize 20+ books of material in only 4 hours that's just impossible. The way I see it there's just no way you could do it in only 2 movies, some rewriting and liberties had to be taken. Oh well at least Ninomiya Kun was cute in the film although he wouldn't have been my first choice to play Kurono.

I hope you really aren't expecting for them to do Kaze cause I dont think it will happen personally, At best I think we'll probably get a Kato and a Nishi and probably one of the girls if the lines proves successful. However if Kurono ends up being a Wonfes Summer exclusive the chances will even be slimmer for more characters. Unless Kurono sells out in record time of course like Rohan.

As for the Kaze body problem I don't think it should be an issue as Medicom has shown to make new parts and modifications to recreate body proportion more so than any other 1/6 company.

Sailor Moon would be a sweet addition. I'd love F/SN and I would probably snag every single release. The one I would be most excited for would be the Fate/Zero Berserker and any form of Kotomine (my all time favorite character)

I think if BRS sells well then the possibility for FSN RAH would be higher as they both licenses appeal to the same crowd in Japan. Same with Sailor Moon, One Piece and Bleach, I wouldn't be surprised at some point Medicom will do RAH figures for those series. Naruto is tricky as Naruto doesn't seem to be very strong as far as big ticket items go, so I think RAH for Naruto is unlikely, although if One Piece and Bleach get done then I think it can be a possibility.

Vampire Hunter D while a classic is not very popular in Japan as far as merchandise goes. Same case with Samurai Seven, not strong in merchandise. Many people outside of Japan always complain about the lack of certain licenses being made in 1/6. The problem is that there are many licenses that are not strong when it comes to selling figures, especially big ticket 1/6 scale figures. Only some licenses like JoJo, Evangelion, Kamen Rider and Ultraman have shown continued success with the 1/6 scale figures but these are very strong licenses with almost all figure merchandise right now.

I'd consider Eva's viability to be more due to the popularity of Asuka and especially Rei rather than the actual license.

I'd consider Eva's viability to be more due to the popularity of Asuka and especially Rei rather than the actual license.

The heroines especially Rei and Asuka are a franchise within themselves but the EVA license itself has always been very popular, Figures of the EVA unites have always made it into all the major robot figure lines even before the film revivial. Basically Evangelion is a Safe ,Low Risk Franchise that is always capable of selling merchandise, which is why Medicom has no problem making 8 new 1/6 figures in the past couple of years and a 155400yen 1 meter tall figure of EVA-01 among other things.

Still wish they would rerelease saya from blood plus

Last edited:
Back