Looks like Medicom got the Gantz license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know. Medicom does Anime style figures pretty well. They did a really awesome job with Space Pirate Cobra, Captain Harlock, the Akira figures. I've got all of them and overall quality is great. The sticking point for most is the pricing.

Maybe I'm extra careful with my collection - but I haven't had many issues with any of my 150+ figures; from Medicom, Hot Toys, or Enterbay. And the few incidents of defects I can count on one hand:

- Broken leg joint on HT Alien Warrior upon assembly
- Ripped rubber suit on HT Batman Begins (1st version)
- Worn vinyl suit on a Medicom Haikader figure

Just display them for a while and then put them back in the box. Keep them out of the sun and in a cool spot and they will last for years.

Just look up "Gantz Reika" and you'll see why I'm looking forward to her figure. She better come with her jacket too.

The ones I want the most are Kato, Reika, and Muscle Rider. Aside from them there are quite a few others I would like to have, such as Old Man (he's easily the most memorable and well designed character in the series), but I think they should definitely release the bike and mech suit. I forgot the name of the guy who first piloted the mech suit, but he should be made, just for the suit of course.

After that, it would be nice if they did some of the villains. Those of you unfamiliar with the series should seriously see some of the designs for past aliens. They're awesome. The bosses are especially awesome thought he most recent aliens have really terrible designs.

The adult onion monster, the oni, maybe even the buddha statue would all be great ones to start with, though if I remember correctly the buddha statue didn't actually move around articulation wise so I guess that wouldn't work out.

Gantz is better than no Gantz. I hope this ends up being as successful and long as their Jojo lineup. If they keep pumping out releases, I will most definitely buy every single one of them, exclusives or not.

My Hei RAH is a little lonely :D He's my only 1/6 who is pretty much in full black.

I just saw the live action Gantz movie, not too bad if I might say so myself.

Are you familiar with the manga already? The live action is a pretty terrible adaptation/representation of the series. The part of the anime that followed the manga is fairly good, but a little slow. The manga is the best.

As for Medicom themselves, yeah the pricing is the killer problem, but this Kei looks like he might be one of their first ever releases to warrant that price as he ACTUALLY comes with accessories, very notable ones at that. The guns are huge and it looks like he comes with at least two of them and he's got the sword too. They'll probably try to include unique gimmicks with each release so that helps justify the price a lot more. If they can keep them all consistent with the gun then this is going to be one of the best 1/6 lineups out there.

I'm actually really excited since it looks like they nailed it this time. The suit is nicely done (I thought they'd try to make it overly simplistic like Motoko's suit, but it has a very nice look to it) and more importantly, it looks like it has little to no restriction on the articulation. The part that worries me is how skinny Medicom bodies usually are. It won't be too much of an issue with Kei and Reika, but with say Muscle Rider and Kato they really need to make sure they get their large builds correct. Kato isn't too muscular, but he's decently built and very tall while Muscle Rider is called Muscle Rider for a reason.

Medicom needs to up the ante on anime figure's imo. There's a hell of alot of anime that need 1/6 treatment. yea we got FMA and Death note and of course freakin dbz. We need more naruto, one piece , bleach and some more of the non mainstream aswell.

Medicom needs to up the ante on anime figure's imo. There's a hell of alot of anime that need 1/6 treatment. yea we got FMA and Death note and of course freakin dbz. We need more naruto, one piece , bleach and some more of the non mainstream aswell.

Well I think it would be nice to see more anime licenses covered, I also think it would be nice to actually see these licenses expanded on. Jojo is one of the rare licenses that actually got more than maybe two or three figures at the most. Ghost in the Shell got a single one and it wasn't even Motoko's best outfit. Darker Than Black just got an exclusive and that's it. Dragonball had a fairly decent run though as did FMA and Death Note got pretty much a complete run.

They've done a lot of licenses in the past back when their figures were not as good as they are now. If anything, I'd like to see them revisit some past licenses. For example, I would love a modern Kaiji figure. He has one of the coolest jackets ever so a more detailed version of it would be great.

But I'd love to see them get the likes of Vampire Hunter D, Kinnikuman, Hellsing, Trigun, Berserk, Sword of the Immortal, Vagabond, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc..

Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece are pretty unrealistic requests though. Not only are those huge licenses to have to pay for, but they are also pretty well covered for already in the figure world. Bleach and Naruto get a lot of their merchandising profits on stuff other than say expensive figures. That's not where their market is. One Piece already has Megahouse and Bandai though. It just wouldn't worth going for. To make matters worse, the odd proportions of One Piece characters would never work out.

Yea your right, I still wouldnt mind a 1/6 scale naruto or bleach figure. Ilike how almost every anime gets a figure's nowadays. i'm just hoping we get figures of newer anime like deadman wonderland. Also I think medicom focuses to much on elfen lied or whatever and not to much on other anime.

I would buy Vampire Hunter D and Trigun RAH figures.

If only Hot Toys would make a Vampire Hunter D. His outfit is so elaborate, but I know they could pull it of. I'm a massive D fan so it's important that he gets the best treatment!

They've done a lot of licenses in the past back when their figures were not as good as they are now. If anything, I'd like to see them revisit some past licenses. For example, I would love a modern Kaiji figure. He has one of the coolest jackets ever so a more detailed version of it would be great.

I wish they would revisit Cowboy bebop. The 2 figures of Spike they made one was pretty much crap (granted it was made in the very early days) and the other one is super hard to find.

Anime license seems to be pretty tricky, some sure bet like DB and GITS just don't seems to sell at all. I am very surprised to see Jojo has 8 figures released so far, guess it has a pretty big fan group in Asia.

Pretty sickman. i was expecting the suit to be made from vinyl like the MGS4 OldSnake, it woulda looked more accurate butwould have no articulation.

its ashame the series never continued, i was really into that ____ haven't caught up on the manga yet

cant wait till the friggin ovie comes, looks damn epic

If only Hot Toys would make a Vampire Hunter D. His outfit is so elaborate, but I know they could pull it of. I'm a massive D fan so it's important that he gets the best treatment!

I collect Medicom's Kamen Rider and Ultraman RAH line and they can definitely pull off Vampire Hunter D. There's a new Ultraman figure coming out that is probably the coolest fabric costume I've ever seen on a 1/6 figure. I think that level of detail with D would be perfect.

I'll try to post a link or pick to that Ultraman figure.

I hope they give a general release timeline for this figure soon. I want to put some money down to make sure I have enough to immediately preorder him and snag him. I'm more excited for this than I am say the Hot Toys Jack Sparrow.

Yeah, but I'm not interested in the whole Miku/BRS stuff. Plus, she looks like a terrible design to try to make a 1/6 figure of especially with how Medicom made her even skinnier than before. I can't see how she can stand without using a stand. Her legs are like twigs, especially toward the ankles. She looks good though with her coat. They handled the sculpt nicely.

fileda.jpg

Back