Looks like Medicom got the Gantz license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't they do an exclusive release of the main character of Blood Plus? I remember seeing her on Ebay once and was shocked.

I'm still trying to track down a Ginko (Mushishi) RAH for a decent price. Ideally, I'd like to have the exclusive version of him, but I'd be happy with either one.

The exclusives are really lame with Medicom because they tend to make their coolest characters exclusives and they often use the license simply for a single exclusive, which is really annoying. Rohan was a good example of this but they actually followed through with Jojo releases. He's still hard to get as is the deadman Kira.

I'm so happy I got Hei though. He's one of their best figures easily and Darker Than Black is one of my all time favorite anime. I still need to track down the exclusive Ginko for a good price though.

Medicom sure does go through licenses like crazy though. They should go back and revisit some of these licenses. Give us some more DBZ and Hokuto no Ken characters, make a new Kaiji based off a later appearance in the series, etc.. The last thing Medicom needs is more licenses.

The exclusives are really lame with Medicom because they tend to make their coolest characters exclusives and they often use the license simply for a single exclusive, which is really annoying. Rohan was a good example of this but they actually followed through with Jojo releases. He's still hard to get as is the deadman Kira.

I'm so happy I got Hei though. He's one of their best figures easily and Darker Than Black is one of my all time favorite anime. I still need to track down the exclusive Ginko for a good price though.

Medicom sure does go through licenses like crazy though. They should go back and revisit some of these licenses. Give us some more DBZ and Hokuto no Ken characters, make a new Kaiji based off a later appearance in the series, etc.. The last thing Medicom needs is more licenses.

Rohan is arguably the most popular character in part 4 so yes, he could have sold well as a regular release but it seems they are mostly doing regular releases for the main hero and main villain. So the fact they bothered with Rohan at all is a testament to his popularity, although unfortunately he is an exclusive. Deadman Q Kira is also popular but aftermarket value currently is not nearly as high as Rohan. I think because Deadman Q Kira is not as essential as Rohan and mostly for completists.

Hei is a a good figure but I think Medicom releases in the past few years are all pretty solid. More HNK and DBZ would be nice but it seems again that the 1/6 format is not as popular among collectors of HNK and DBZ toys. I think a New Kaiji is a strong possibility though.

I do too. I'm just waiting for the announcement. It's especially likely now that the second season of the anime has finally been airing.

Didn't they do an exclusive release of the main character of Blood Plus? I remember seeing her on Ebay once and was shocked.

I'm still trying to track down a Ginko (Mushishi) RAH for a decent price. Ideally, I'd like to have the exclusive version of him, but I'd be happy with either one.

I never saw a Medi Saya I have seen a Blood Evolution one done by some other company...Anyway I was thinking of getting BRS cause I like her design* I have the Figma* but the price $274 yikes! Any chance she'll be cheaper on the secondary market?

The price isn't 274... She's less than 160 if I remember correctly.

And I'm not pro with secondary/after market stuff, but as far as I can tell, RAH don't really rise or drop in price unless they are very old or something along those lines. The exclusives raise in price like crazy. Darker Than Black Hei will probably be really expensive down the road, but that's to be expected. They are also rare, which is the thing. You just don't see them up very often in general.

But the thing is that when you order from the big name Japanese sites you get around a 26% discount on the items, which makes a big difference for expensive things like Chogokin and RAH. Once those come out, they usually sell out and then you won't be able to get them for that cheap anymore. Aftermarket RAH stuff tends to be around 180-200 dollars I think. Once again, that's just a guess and a generalization.

I never saw a Medi Saya I have seen a Blood Evolution one done by some other company...Anyway I was thinking of getting BRS cause I like her design* I have the Figma* but the price $274 yikes! Any chance she'll be cheaper on the secondary market?

BRS retails for 20,952yen (tax included) The current Paypal conversion as of this moment for that in USD is $266.07

You can get her for cheaper at AmiAmi for 23% off at 15,780yen which is still $200.39 in USD at the current paypal conversion

Like anything else there is always a chance you can get her cheaper after she is released but again it's a chance and not guaranteed. Maybe you can find a used one at some point? I'd say if you REALLY want her it's best just to order her now but if you feel that you are willing to take a chance at getting her cheaper down the road then you can wait. BRS RAH is really great I am looking forward to getting her myself and already have her preordered. I have collected almost all figures in BRS series so far.

he looks good but dang medicom's stuff is pricey. how do they keep charging what they're charging. crazy

The price isn't 274... She's less than 160 if I remember correctly.

And I'm not pro with secondary/after market stuff, but as far as I can tell, RAH don't really rise or drop in price unless they are very old or something along those lines. The exclusives raise in price like crazy. Darker Than Black Hei will probably be really expensive down the road, but that's to be expected. They are also rare, which is the thing. You just don't see them up very often in general.

But the thing is that when you order from the big name Japanese sites you get around a 26% discount on the items, which makes a big difference for expensive things like Chogokin and RAH. Once those come out, they usually sell out and then you won't be able to get them for that cheap anymore. Aftermarket RAH stuff tends to be around 180-200 dollars I think. Once again, that's just a guess and a generalization.

she's 239.99 on BBTS*she was listed for 274$*

he looks good but dang medicom's stuff is pricey. how do they keep charging what they're charging. crazy

Considering that Hot Toys' default price seems to have moved closer to around 180 these days while the RAH quality has continued to improve, the price really isn't the problem anymore. It's just that RAH still tend to come with few accessories and head sculpts and such. That's always problematic, but this figure's price likely won't be any less or more than what Hot Toys would have charged had they made a Kurono.

Regular release. 22000yen

Already placed my order for 2 at the local shop ^__^
1458.jpg

Did you guys see the Wonderfest Exclusive Part 6 Jotaro? I was shocked that he was the one they picked. It is too bad I already have a Jotaro otherwise I might have considered it. Plus, it looks a little off. Not sure why. I'm sure it looks great in person though.

Back