Loki Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*shrugs* You don't like it, and as you are the king of the entire hobby we should all fall to our knees and wail with fear, I guess.

I am sad for you, but happy for me.... and so it goes.

You're really mad about this! I like the idea of movie-version Loki all the more, I will think of your tears as I unbox. :lol

p.s. I would have bought a beautiful comics-version Loki, too.

Welcome to my block list. Ur flattery is obvious.

Most of it sounds like

"Oh snap Loki PF.... Finally! Oh wait its from that Avengers film theyve milked a thousand times over - HOT TOYs holds the throne for all movie related likeness. /thread.

I don't collect Hot Toys or any 1:6. I collect PF's and have been waiting for this so forgive me if I don't feel the film has been "milked a thousand times over" yet.

They're doing a PF of the main villain of a billion dollar superhero movie? They're crazy. No one will want that. They should have made a comic version to appease the tens of hundreds of comic fans instead.

I find this funny because the Chris Reeves PF sold so poorly but he is the iconic beloved Superman of all history yet the comic PF sold literally 10 times more. What does that tell you?

I find this funny because the Chris Reeves PF sold so poorly but he is the iconic beloved Superman of all history yet the comic PF sold literally 10 times more. What does that tell you?

The Reeve PF was a pretty poor PF. Most people didn't care fot it. I was Interested in it, but in the end didn't like the final piece.

You're also comparing one of the most iconic comic characters of all time to an esentially b list villian.

Sideshow doesnt do movie personas as well as HOT TOYs majority of their business is comic premium formats. Perhaps it would be a stable thing to stick to what they are good at. Keaton Batman was the only exception-the comic version still sold 10 times more

They couldve released a comic Loki PF sittin on a toilet and that wouldve actually peaked more interest from me than whats been unveiled so far

(Other than new symbiote spidey - that looks bad ass)

Let's just change the title of this thread to "Rulk's supreme disappointed, err boredom, at the Sideshow Loki PF announcement".

Mods!? :wink1:

I guess I just find the amount of negativity around here ridiculous ( not directed at you ). It doesn't matter what SS does, it's generally met with eye rolls and criticism and now they can't even ANNOUNCE something without being criticized for 4 pages by most of this forum. Much of it is the passive aggressive type of people posting things like "zzzzzzzzzz" or "who cares". We're all fellow collectors and having to sift through comment after comment about how everything sucks just makes it less fun. Oh well, whatever.

:goodpost: :lecture

Sideshow doesnt do movie personas as well as HOT TOYs majority of their business is comic premium formats. Perhaps it would be a stable thing to stick to what they are good at. Keaton Batman was the only exception-the comic version still sold 10 times more

Who cares about Hot Toys. Completely different type of collectible here.

And they do plenty of movie PFs just fine. Plenty.

The Reeve PF was a pretty poor PF. Most people didn't care fot it. I was Interested in it, but in the end didn't like the final piece.

You're also comparing one of the most iconic comic characters of all time to an esentially b list villian.

I don't consider Loki to be on the B list. In popularity there are arguably others like Magneto that may have a larger draw but in general ability I'd put Loki over most villains in the Marvel universe, including Magneto. It'd be pointless for most heroes to go up against him, unless your Thor. Who is also not on the B list. Would've been cool to see a comic version, but I'd still very much like to see how this turns out.

Let's just change the title of this thread to "Rulk's supreme disappointed, err boredom, at the Sideshow Loki PF announcement".

Mods!? :wink1:

:goodpost: :lecture

Who cares about Hot Toys. Completely different type of collectible here.

And they do plenty of movie PFs just fine. Plenty.

Im having a productive conversation with Kit

I could care less if someone else gets upset over my opinion. I could give less than 2 ****s about theirs

Maybe theres a reason why 90% of the responses reiterate mine. Talk about sensitive sallys.

Movie Loki has been a boom for Marvel films. He's a beloved villain done right. Magneto. Loki. They got them right. A lot of Marvel movie villains have been done very wrong.

Hiddleston's Loki has been as widely received throughout as a beloved character so it makes sense for a company to do the movie version over the comic version . Comparing comic Loki to a Superman or Batman vs their movie counterparts is kind of skewed. You'd be hard pressed to put even comic Thor in the upper pop culture iconic characters as a Supes or Bat. And this is coming from a gentlemen who's Mancave is called by everyone in my group of friends as the Thorcave. Simply put I'm as big a fan of Thor as you will find.

I'd prefer a comic Loki myself, but to act like it's a great injustice to comic fans to produce a mainstream pop culture icon character is archaic at best and just flat out nerd arrogance at worst.

Comic characters are mainstream now. Put up a picture of comic book Loki and ask people on the street who that character is. Put up a picture of Movie Loki and ask people on the street who that character is. I promise you more people will know movie Loki. You sell what will turn the biggest profit.

It's just smart business. And a chance to improve the quality of their movie statues in the process which has been hit or miss.

Last edited:
Movie Loki, pass. Woulda been cool to have a comic one but looking forward to the reveal.

same feelings here. Pass on movie PFs because I don't like the likeliness of Sideshow movie statues. I will buy a comic Loki because their comic versions are much better than the movie counterparts

Welcome to my block list. Ur flattery is obvious.

*raises eyebrows* He's mad enough about this Loki PF to add me to his ignore list! That's some next-level passive-aggression right there. Lawl.

Where's that MJ popcorn .gif when you need it. Anyhoo, still looking forward to the reveal.

.....And they do plenty of movie PFs just fine. Plenty.

Care to remind me which movie PF's have been 'fine'? Especially recently.

Someone mentioned the Batman, but to me that was only as good as it was because it didn't have to display a full face sculpt.

I personally would love a movie version of Loki (I myself wouldn't get a comic version), but from SS's output recently I doubt we'll see one to do the actor's likeness justice. Hope I'm wrong on that score, and I will only judge that on the production and not the proto piece.

Heck even with the Hot Toys (who imo are the best at face sculpts), the Loki face sculpt on that was sort of a hit or miss.

Maybe SS should concentrate on a comic version.

Care to remind me which movie PF's have been 'fine'? Especially recently.

Someone mentioned the Batman, but to me that was only as good as it was because it didn't have to display a full face sculpt?

I personally would love a movie version of Loki (I myself wouldn't get a comic version), but from SS's output recently I doubt we'll see one to do the actor's likeness justice. Hope I'm wrong on that score, and I will only judge that on the production and not the proto piece.

Heck even with the Hot Toys (who imo are the best at face sculpts), the Loki face sculpt on that was sort of a hit or miss.

Maybe SS should concentrate on a comic version.

Saruman PF is outstanding. That is recent.

I don't do PFs or statues in general.

I'm willing to make an exception for this, like I would have movie Winter Soldier if they'd made him and he looked good. This comes down to likeness for me.

If it looks good, I'll definitely want it. I don't need a companion Thor to go with it. He can stand alone. Movie Loki is in my top 3 favorite MCU characters. Me being interested in buying this is BECAUSE it's movie Loki.

I don't dislike the comic version myself, but I love the movie version more and I wouldn't be interested in a statue from the comics.

That would be completely insane, and its a great idea.

I would love that, too, but with it being the Avengers version I don't know if I would expect much of a chance for it.

Last edited:
Back