Loki Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad SS doesn't base their releases based off a message board full of debbie downers :)

Movie version and not Comic book style = :gah:

That Loki on the Throne would have been awesome.

They're doing a PF of the main villain of a billion dollar superhero movie? They're crazy. No one will want that. They should have made a comic version to appease the tens of hundreds of comic fans instead.

They're doing a PF of the main villain of a billion dollar superhero movie? They're crazy. No one will want that. They should have made a comic version to appease the tens of hundreds of comic fans instead.

:lecture

Someone had to say it.

Hey that's cool. It makes no sense at all to release this when the movie was first out or even within say 6 months of it to capitalize on the movie's insane craze...oh wait, THAT MAKES COMPLETE SENSE...........WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT:horror

Haha, in the end if some of you are stoked, I'm happy for ya:lol

Hey that's cool. It makes no sense at all to release this when the movie was first out or even within say 6 months of it to capitalize on the movie's insane craze...oh wait, THAT MAKES COMPLETE SENSE...........WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT:horror

Haha, in the end if some of you are stoked, I'm happy for ya:lol

Yeah, because Loki as a character is done in the Marvel Movie Universe and is no longer popular.

I don't think people are shocked that they're doing a PF of Avengers Loki...they've done enough MCU PFs that it shouldn't surprise anyone. What is surprising is the fact that they're only just getting around to him now, three years and five MCU films later.

To be fair with the billion dollar statement Vs. comic book fans...the amount of people who collect PFs in the first place pretty much put both on an equal playing field in terms of fans of each.

I don't think people are shocked that they're doing a PF of Avengers Loki...they've done enough MCU PFs that it shouldn't surprise anyone. What is surprising is the fact that they're only just getting around to him now, three years and five MCU films later.

To be fair with the billion dollar statement Vs. comic book fans...the amount of people who collect PFs in the first place pretty much put both on an equal playing field in terms of fans of each.

:lecture:goodpost:

I'm not disputing that people still love movie Loki. I'm saying they could have done this right around the release of the film or just after...I think you would haven been even happier as a fan of the character no?

:lecture:goodpost:

I'm not disputing that people still love movie Loki. I'm saying they could have done this right around the release of the film or just after...I think you would haven been even happier as a fan of the character no?

I think the popularity of the character probably came as a shock and it went into development late due to what was already on the table and getting a late start not knowing hlw the character would blow up.

Bet a lot of people were excited when they first saw the pic, until they realized it's the movie Loki.

I know I was

haha:lol On a side note, someone mentioned they thought this would sell better than a comic version because of the movie's widespread popularity but I'm willing to bet that a comic one would actually sell better. I think there are more comic book fans collecting statues then regular people who simply enjoy movies collecting statues.

I think the popularity of the character probably came as a shock and it went into development late due to what was already on the table and getting a late start not knowing hlw the character would blow up.

No doubt that the popularity of the character came as a surprise. Definitely a villain many cheered for! That said, there's no way this was delayed because of it being unexpected, or things being on the table. We're talking five films here...they've already released Winter Soldier PFs, and Thor The Dark World (which Loki was in again) is coming out in September.

There's no denying that some people will be really happy this is being made, and that's awesome! But there's also no denying that it's surprising that it's taken them this long to make him.

Best announcement in a long time. I've been saving a spot for this PF hoping it would be announced.

No doubt that the popularity of the character came as a surprise. Definitely a villain many cheered for! That said, there's no way this was delayed because of it being unexpected, or things being on the table. We're talking five films here...they've already released Winter Soldier PFs, and Thor The Dark World (which Loki was in again) is coming out in September.

There's no denying that some people will be really happy this is being made, and that's awesome! But there's also no denying that it's surprising that it's taken them this long to make him.

There was a winter soldier PF? When did this happen?

This statue is really going to come down to the paintjob on the face. Sideshow does a solid job with likeness sculpts IMO but the production paint usually falls short and diminishes a lot of these movie pieces. First Avenger Cap PF and the first Thor PF both fall into this category IMO. The second wave of PFs in proto looked better but the likenesses looked off to me. It will be interesting to see how this looks even if it's just proto. I wonder if this will be at SDCC?

I bet a lot of people were excited when they first saw the pic, until they realized it's the movie Loki.

I know I was

Or there were people like me who were thrilled it was the movie PF and not the comic version.

Back