Loki Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a winter soldier PF? When did this happen?

I meant Captain America...but I meant from his second movie. Basically they moved past The Avengers years ago, which is most likely why people didn't expect this to be a movie version of the PF.

I'm excited to see how this turns out just because the costume was awesome. The sculpts on the Thors were weak. But I won't get cause it will be $500.

My guess is Winter Soldier will be made after the third Avengers movie...sounds like the perfect time to release him no?

The perfect time would have been not long after the Winter Soldier movie. :lol

This statue is really going to come down to the paintjob on the face. Sideshow does a solid job with likeness sculpts IMO but the production paint usually falls short and diminishes a lot of these movie pieces. First Avenger Cap PF and the first Thor PF both fall into this category IMO. The second wave of PFs in proto looked better but the likenesses looked off to me. It will be interesting to see how this looks even if it's just proto. I wonder if this will be at SDCC?

This statue is really going to come down to the paintjob on the face. Sideshow does a solid job with likeness sculpts IMO but the production paint usually falls short and diminishes a lot of these movie pieces. First Avenger Cap PF and the first Thor PF both fall into this category IMO. The second wave of PFs in proto looked better but the likenesses looked off to me. It will be interesting to see how this looks even if it's just proto. I wonder if this will be at SDCC?

That's the main issue with movie based PFs...they seem to have a harder time getting the likeness right. It's kinda crazy since their Ewan McGregor Mythos Obi-Wan is like....scary real! And yet this is their most recent Don Cheadle. (Not my pictures)

Prototype:

IPatriot_gallery.jpg

Actual:

22085507hm.jpg

Their most recent Thor doesn't look bad! He's instantly recognizable as Hemsworth in the proto...but so was their prototype picture of Cheadle. It'll all be a wait and see game!

My guess is Winter Soldier will be made after the third Avengers movie...sounds like the perfect time to release him no?

With all due respect, why does it matter? SS is going to sell out eventually anyway. As a collector I want the pieces I want so timing with a movie release doesn't matter at all to me. I mean they also release PFs like Godfather, Scarface, Conan etc........not exactly in sync with the release of the films.

With all due respect, why does it matter? SS is going to sell out eventually anyway. As a collector I want the pieces I want so timing with a movie release doesn't matter at all to me. I mean they also release PFs like Godfather, Scarface, Conan etc........not exactly in sync with the release of the films.
It makes business sense to cash in on movie hype and means, the chances are, it would sell much quicker.

I'm ordering a 1:4 Genysis Arnie tonight and will have it in hand in a few months.

It makes business sense to cash in on movie hype and means, the chances are, it would sell much quicker.

I'm ordering a 1:4 Genysis Arnie tonight and will have it in hand in a few months.

:exactly:

Had Hot Toys released Quicksilver a week or so after Avengers -- or especially before -- then I probably would've ordered him. Now any luster has worn off and he doesn't seem necessary. It's not to say these PFs won't sell out, but especially with the TBD edition sizes these days, the closer to the film/hype, the more initial sales there'll be.

Look at Prime 1 Arkham Knight Batman! 12 hours up and the EX sold out, even at $900 (which is a great price for what you're getting, but a huge chunk of change nonetheless!) No coincidence that it was because the game had just come out the week before and we're all still playing it.

The new terminator movie was awesome.

Boo to movie pfs in general

Prime 1... 1:3... $900? Sounds like a bargain.

Won't that just be Sideshows allotment sold out?

Definitely a great price point! I won't delve into it too much here, but it's basically because they have a HUGE line planned for Arkham Knight in 1:3, so I'm sure they wanted to price them reasonably -- and that they did!

But yes, that was just Sideshow's allotment. There's 1000 EX overall, and I'd have to think Sideshow got at least half of that. I know they said they're trying to get more from Prime 1, so we'll see. Either way, 12 hours is pretty insane! That said, even if you land the regular version, it'll be a gem to treasure! :)

Back