Logan (2017) Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I know, I already posted pics of that. I just got the new Vimal sculpt and wanted to show it off. Here’s some of the film accurate config (although at the time I hadn’t futzed the shirt to be untucked properly). Keep in mind I used soft pastels to gray up the hair to be more accurate, something I’m considering doing with Vimal. Tell me your thoughts on the results and I may try it!

free photo hosting

That works. I like it a lot. Might try that myself on mine.

Here's another shot of the Vimal head sculpt for anyone
that wants to see the finer details of the face. :wink1:

Logan.jpg

The Vimal Eleven is good, and there is more detail in the skin when you look up close. There's more detail than you see in SweeneyTodd's photo as the light is washing out the lines.

However, shrunk back down to 1/6 and on display I like them both equally.

The grey drybrushing on my Vimal sculpt is so light though, you can barely tell it's there.

In other developments, SooSoo Toys posted this photo:

35414791_217014252442284_6075367442194890752_n.jpg

The Vimal Eleven is good, and there is more detail in the skin when you look up close. There's more detail than you see in SweeneyTodd's photo as the light is washing out the lines.

However, shrunk back down to 1/6 and on display I like them both equally.

The grey drybrushing on my Vimal sculpt is so light though, you can barely tell it's there.

In other developments, SooSoo Toys posted this photo:

35414791_217014252442284_6075367442194890752_n.jpg

That SooSoo Toys head looks great! We're getting so many 1/6 Logan
parts/figures to choose from. :wink1:

I agree about the Vimal and Eleven heads looking equally great on display.
It's only when you look at the heads up close, that you even notice a difference.
You're so right about the grey being so light on the Vimal though. It really needed
more. The craggy lines on the Vimal sculpt are a great addition and, like you said,
they aren't visible in most photos. Here's a shot with the lighting darkened. :wink1:

LoganHead.JPG

That SooSoo Toys head looks great! We're getting so many 1/6 Logan
parts/figures to choose from. :wink1:

I agree about the Vimal and Eleven heads looking equally great on display.
It's only when you look at the heads up close, that you even notice a difference.
You're so right about the grey being so light on the Vimal though. It really needed
more. The craggy lines on the Vimal sculpt are a great addition and, like you said,
they aren't visible in most photos. Here's a shot with the lighting darkened. :wink1:

:exactly:

I find photography generally a frustrating experience, which is why I didn't even attempt to photograph a comparison between the Vimal/Eleven and Eleven/Eleven. But you managed to capture the detail there.

I wore latex gloves cuz my hands sweat too much. Not much light in my pic. I'm not saying it's a good pic. I feel like this Vimal sculpt has the best likeness of Hugh Jackman.
dea49c3707d91b0c5814e28018c9fdcc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tapatalk
7d6e8799ce669a59ab29ce181531bf7d.jpg

Damn, that looks very good as well !

But enough of Logan already. Move on to a Ryan Gosling Bladerunner 2049 Officer K next !!!
You'll be back when Eleven plans on releasing the Logan body. [emoji4] Have you seen it on Eleven's IG?

Actually the drawn in creases near the eyes dont look bad at all.

Does anyone know if Eleven still plans on putting out the angry bearded sculpt?

Sent from my fully armed and operational battle station using Tapatalk

after lotsa consideration I've concluded the Vimal sculpt has the superior likeness and execution. But if you have the original it's also good. you can't go wrong.

Like the original the gray in his beard is incorrect. More needs to be added to the sides (with the right side having more gray then the left) did this last night.

My other gripe is his skin tone is a bit yellow. does not match up to the Hot Toys wolverine bodies (which is the ONLY body you can use if you want the suited or the suede jacket look (and I don't know why you'd want a wife beater look anyways since he had the mutton chops when wearing the beater)

But all in all damn impressed/happy with the Vimal.

Love the look of that Soso...

No what's his IG name ? Couldn't find anything under Eleven
It's spelled el1ev1en, with the number one in between the letter L and E and another one between V and E. The pic is pretty recent.

no guarantee about that body (though it looks great from the waist-up print)

Eleven releases about I'd say 50% of what they show. They have also never straight up offered a body. So we can only hope.

We can only hope also that they include his shoulder scars if they do indeed make him. It's the prime reason why there is no way to effectively create a passable end scene Logan at the moment despite the great angry Eleven head.

no guarantee about that body (though it looks great from the waist-up print)

Eleven releases about I'd say 50% of what they show. They have also never straight up offered a body. So we can only hope.

We can only hope also that they include his shoulder scars if they do indeed make him. It's the prime reason why there is no way to effectively create a passable end scene Logan at the moment despite the great angry Eleven head.
I know but I have a feeling that they will. Almost every Logan/Wolverine related project they teased on their IG was eventually released. They also released a pic 5 hours ago, with Logan in a long jacket, I think the one similar to the one seen in the beginning of the film Logan.

after lotsa consideration I've concluded the Vimal sculpt has the superior likeness and execution. But if you have the original it's also good. you can't go wrong.

Like the original the gray in his beard is incorrect. More needs to be added to the sides (with the right side having more gray then the left) did this last night.

My other gripe is his skin tone is a bit yellow. does not match up to the Hot Toys wolverine bodies (which is the ONLY body you can use if you want the suited or the suede jacket look (and I don't know why you'd want a wife beater look anyways since he had the mutton chops when wearing the beater)

But all in all damn impressed/happy with the Vimal.

Love the look of that Soso...
So you added more grey to the hair and beard? Would be cool to see some pics if you have some. [emoji4]

Back