Linkin Park's Chester Bennington: Gone at Age 41

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw them live twice, and each time they were better. No better live vocalist I'd pay to hear than Chester he was a truly transcendent talent

i cant help but laugh at the people freaking out over the tour and their tickets (freaking out about refunds) or people on facebook asking if the tour will still go on lol.... wtf

He left behind a wife and 6 children. You have to be really messed up to do that. So sorry for their loss.

RIP Chester

For some people, their demons will eventually catch up to them. He had a hard life, and struggled immensely with certain things. I think that's why Linkin Park's lyrics were so relatable, and personal to so many people.

Last edited:
very sad indeed. I knew someone who hung himself last year. It's hard to fathom the inner struggle people have, regardless of their professional success.

Its just drugs ..............nothin more to say...its always drugs.

America needs to wake up from the prescription answer and find some real answers.......I am sure the majority of his misery was related to abuse...just like Cornell.....and just about every other celebrity singer who died...

I remember when people died of non drug related stuff...way in their 70's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i cant help but laugh at the people freaking out over the tour and their tickets (freaking out about refunds) or people on facebook asking if the tour will still go on lol.... wtf
The nature of the music industry is really changing things. Used to be it was unthinkable that a band would continue on when a major member died. But now, money isn't made off of album royalties, and bands have to keep touring to stay afloat. And the only way they keep making money there is to keep the name.

it is kinda funny how I ended up with 7 copies of Hybrid theory at one point all either given to me or found.
years ago When one of my coworkers left his office quitting I went to see his office and found out his copy, he left it behind. Another copy came from my Ex girlfriend when we broke up and she never asked for it. another one was when I was at the greyhound and someone had left it in the chair. another one was given to me by my brother that he bought at the thrift store for 99 cents. Another one came in the mail from this magazine I was subscribed to once. I think I found the other one at my College Cafeteria... people just kept leaving them around over the years I guess lol...

Last edited:
The nature of the music industry is really changing things. Used to be it was unthinkable that a band would continue on when a major member died. But now, money isn't made off of album royalties, and bands have to keep touring to stay afloat. And the only way they keep making money there is to keep the name.

We'll see what happens, they'll find somebody to replace eventually

He left behind a wife and 6 children. You have to be really messed up to do that. So sorry for their loss.

RIP Chester

He was molested repeatedly as child, which fueled his addiction for drugs and alcohol.

He didn't tell anyone for a very long time, and never named the assailant. I'm sure he struggled with it up till the time he took his own life.

I am sure the majority of his misery was related to abuse..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nope.

Last edited:
Linkin Park was one of the first bands I started following in middle school. I didn't really become an active, participating music lover until discovering those first two albums. Their work and the friends I made over a mutual appreciation for it were easily the high points of those otherwise mediocre years.

A talented vocalist and friend to those who thought no one was listening. Rest well.

I've been listening to LP non-stop these past few days, and it still pains me that he's gone. Some of these songs I can't get through without tearing up. As I listen to songs like "Leave Out All the Rest," I can't help but feel that there was a deeper meaning that I missed after all of these years.

My heart goes out to his family and the band, during what I'm sure is a devastating time for them. I was saddened to hear that their North American tour has been canceled, and I suspect this may be the end of Linkin Park. While I'd support them carrying on, this is a blow that I don't think any band can recover from - nor should they be expected to. If this is the end, I'm thankful for the music they made together and the memories I have. As some may know, my best friend killed himself almost 5 years ago now, which is why I think Chester's passing strikes a deeper chord with me than it may for others. There was a time when Linkin Park was the soundtrack of my life. My best friend and I had a lot of good times with Chester's voice screaming though the speakers of our cars, as we cruised down the highways of our hometown.

The world lost someone incredibly special.

There are very few artists that I will say are one-of-a-kind. Chester Bennington was one-of-a-kind.

that he was man, i miss him dearly. they were a major part of my life, their latest album is so great too. a lot of people miss him. it's been a long week.

Back