Lincoln

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seriously cannot believe the day when were comparing an actors voice to a great legend vampire hunter . a president of the united states where there is no voice recording ever to know what he sounded like..i think we should check to make sure his eyes brows are thick and wild on both sides..i am just being funny here..maybe not so don't get upset.oh **** daniel day lewis is not even the same height either.. NASA we got a slight problem here.are they going to do the battles right..not sure if in the first preview all those men actually got blasted by the cannon..

Just hand him the Oscar now - you know its gonna be his for the taking

At least nominated for sure. The Oscars are always unpredictable though when it comes to the winners.

Listening to the audiobook of Team of Rivals right now. I can't imagine they're adapting the whole book. I'm half way through it and Lincoln just took office! :google

At least nominated for sure. The Oscars are always unpredictable though when it comes to the winners.

Listening to the audiobook of Team of Rivals right now. I can't imagine they're adapting the whole book. I'm half way through it and Lincoln just took office! :google

I really need to check that out. I have such a romantized take on this era that a dose of reality is much needed for myself

Its very detailed. The author even talks about Lincoln's way of walking. He didnt' walk the normal heel-to-toe steps like most people do. He lifted his whole foot up and down flat. Very strange. I'll definately be looking to see if DDL mimicked that. If not, shame on him for not doing ALL of his homework and reading the book :lol

I think it's safe to say that DDL is one of the most hardcore actors around, so I have no doubt he did all his homework.

I wonder when he's in bed with his wife if he keeps the accent. :lol

Glad to hear its good. The book was great. I actually felt really bad when he was killed at the end. I felt I actually got to know the real Lincoln and not the myth. I'm hoping the film lives up to that as well.

I'm curious to see if the assassination will be handled in the film at all. You'd think it would given that this really only follows the last few months of Lincoln's life, and that's a pretty damned significant element obviously. But I haven't seen that addressed at all in any articles, interviews or reviews of the film. Also (not that this is the be-all, end-all) there isn't even a John Wilkes Booth listed in the cast list on IMDB. Hrmm...

Back