Lincoln

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it last night and it was awesome as expected. Once again DDL proves he is the greatest actor alive. Amazing performances from the surrounding cast as well Sally Fields and Tommy Lee Jones absolutely stole the show with their scenes, and I was really blown away by James Spader's performance as well!
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Saw it last night and it was awesome as expected. Once again DDL proves he is the greatest actor alive. Amazing performances from the surrounding cast as well Sally Fields and Tommy Lee Jones absolutely stole the show with their scenes, and I was really blown away by James Spader's performance as well!

Fact...DDL is the greatest actor alive...well said...maybe all time too... I also respect the fact that he is so picky with his roles and also is not afraid to take long vacations and drop acting anytime he wants too...the only thing that might keep him from being all time is he could have easily doubled or tripled the amount of roles he played since starting his career....hey good for him being his own man

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes! Spader was really enjoyable. Give that man more screen time.

You guys keep talking about the acting. But what about the movie? The movie has to work....does it?

Yes, it does. From the way it's shot, to the pacing, to the music cues.

Somehow Spielberg made it where the voting of the 13th amendment was suspenseful...even though the outcome is...obviously well known.

They do not simplify the dialogue in this movie, so be prepared for that. I was sitting next to some younger guys who walked out in the middle of the movie saying, "I don't get this...do you want to leave?" :dunno Though honestly, anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out what's going on.

Absolutely powerful. Among the best films I've ever seen period. I won't lie the powerful emotion of the subject material left me a little misty eyed leaving the theatre.

Absolutely powerful. Among the best films I've ever seen period. I won't lie the powerful emotion of the subject material left me a little misty eyed leaving the theatre.

I know it's weird to put these things in spoilers :lol...but eh.

Spoiler Spoiler:

All those moments got me a little. :monkey2

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This is film was only a tiny sliver of the book. If you liked the movie, I highly recommend reading the book. It goes from him being elected as a senator all the way to the assasination. And you get a better sense of his cabinet, what is going on, and just how much he was truely our greatest president.

DDL and TLJ will definately bringing home Oscars this year. My money is on Ann Hathaway in Le Mis for best supporting actress over SF though. She defianately had the pyscho wife thing going on, but in the book she was even more so. They only touched on some of her problems, albeit to focus on Lincoln. I wasn't blown away with her like DDL and TLJ.

It will be down to this and Le Mis for Best Picture though IMO. If Le Mis is done right, it will be a real fight. If it sucked like the Phantom did, then Lincoln's got in the bag.

I have hope for it.

I was listen to Spill's review, and it's split. The reasoning's for liking it made more sense to me, then the reasoning's for not liking it.

Yes, it does. From the way it's shot, to the pacing, to the music cues.

Somehow Spielberg made it where the voting of the 13th amendment was suspenseful...even though the outcome is...obviously well known.

They do not simplify the dialogue in this movie, so be prepared for that. I was sitting next to some younger guys who walked out in the middle of the movie saying, "I don't get this...do you want to leave?" :dunno Though honestly, anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out what's going on.

I actually saw a good handful of people walk out believe it or not. I want to say nearly ten and it honestly made me rather annoyed because I kept thinking "well what the ____ did you think this movie would be? some action thriller?" It's pretty sad.

I actually saw a good handful of people walk out believe it or not. I want to say nearly ten and it honestly made me rather annoyed because I kept thinking "well what the ____ did you think this movie would be? some action thriller?" It's pretty sad.

Damn! Ten people!?

That's alarming! I guess if you don't fall in love with what's on screen early, it becomes a boring film.

I loved this this movie. Yes, it is dense in dialog, but I found it totally fascinating. At times I felt like I was in the room actually watching history take place. It's too bad some people have the attention span of a gnat and can't realize how important the events of this movie are.

The performances, direction, and cinematography are all top caliber. Like the best action movies, it made 2 1/2 hours fly by. I'll be totally surprised if there aren't multiple Oscar nominations.

DDL and TLJ will definately bringing home Oscars this year. My money is on Ann Hathaway in Le Mis for best supporting actress over SF though. She defianately had the pyscho wife thing going on, but in the book she was even more so. They only touched on some of her problems, albeit to focus on Lincoln. I wasn't blown away with her like DDL and TLJ.

It will be down to this and Le Mis for Best Picture though IMO. If Le Mis is done right, it will be a real fight. If it sucked like the Phantom did, then Lincoln's got in the bag.

I'm betting that Lincoln will get best picture but the oscars for best actor is definitely going to John Hawkes for "The Sessions" and Helen Hunt is getting that best supporting Actress.

The Oscars wont let DDL get that 3rd Oscar that easily. They'll end up pulling the same stunt they did with Denzel for his genius performance in "Malcolm X"

Last edited:
I saw this on Friday and kept forgetting to post my thoughts!

Daniel Day-Lewis, Tommy Lee Jones, and Sally Field were incredible. Each of them stole their scenes. On the other hand, I felt this was one of Joseph Gordon Levitt's weakest films of late. He seemed out of place and his performance at times forced. The supporting actors were great, as well. Strathairn, Spader, and Holbrook come to mind.

Some may find the subject matter boring, and I admit, the American Civil War is one of the most boring and laborious parts of history for me personally, but Spielberg managed to keep me engaged the entire length of the film. The dialogue was intense and intelligent. The sets and costumes elaborate and perfect. The cinematography was top notch.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall, this is an excellent film and I do hope everyone gets a chance to view it.

This will without a doubt in my mind get Oscar nominations for Acting ,Best Picture, Best Director etc...without a doubt!

Back