Lincoln

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be amazing. Honest Abe is my favorite President of all time and the greatest our nation has seen IMO. I think the folks involved will do this man justice.

Should be amazing. Honest Abe is my favorite President of all time and the greatest our nation has seen IMO. I think the folks involved will do this man justice.

Agreed! And Mr. Lewis is probably the best true actor out there. He is amazing! This should be awesome! :rock

This movie has been in the planning stages for years. Last I heard (4 years ago) Liam Neeson was scheduled to take the role.

Morgan Freeman is also a great actor. Doesn't mean he is appropriate for the role.

Im gonna agree. Neeson looks alot more like Lincoln.

Daniel day lewis is probably the greatest actor alive today.cant see this movie fail.

Anything with Spielberg's name will get me interested. Having Daniel Day-Lewis is the icing on the cake! :rock

Man, I agree with whoever said it, it should have been Neeson. I've always seen him as Lincoln not to mention he's tall and talented in the acting department.

Hmm, and it's directed by Spielberg (Shindler's list anyone?). Neeson was the perfect choice.

I too thought Neeson was a good choice but I'm sure once people see Day-Lewis in the role it'll be like trying to imagine anyone other than Harrison Ford playing Indiana Jones....probably.

Interesting that the top 2 choices are Irish. Go on ye boys in green!

disclaimer: least I think Day Lewis is irish, its possible he's only lived in ireland much of his life

I too thought Neeson was a good choice but I'm sure once people see Day-Lewis in the role it'll be like trying to imagine anyone other than Harrison Ford playing Indiana Jones....probably.

Interesting that the top 2 choices are Irish. Go on ye boys in green!

disclaimer: least I think Day Lewis is irish, its possible he's only lived in ireland much of his life

born in London

brilliant scene

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/aY2tbeP_K1M?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/aY2tbeP_K1M?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

I think that Neeson has that Morgan Freemanesque sense of understated virtue and nobility and wisdom, while Day-Lewis is edgy and intense and brooding and dangerous and unexpected. I think Neeson would have been a better fit for the part of Lincoln, but Day-Lewis is going to make the role his own all the way to the Oscars.

Back