Likelyhood of a 1/6 Scale Rancor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some really cool info in this article posted on Sideshow: Sideshow 2006; Bigger & Better

Mention of:
"The 1/6 scale Jabba the Hutt and his environment from the Star Wars line is impressively large, but 2007 promises even bigger things to come from that galaxy far, far away!"

pjam said:
Did someone say...

RANCOR?

jlcmsu said:
Very likely

Thanks josh, I'm with you... bring this baby on...

Last edited:
I'm feeling sad, this latest hint at SW in 07 worries me that the offering of great items to be had and wanted will exceed my budget, time will tell I suppose.

MaulFan said:
I'm feeling sad, this latest hint at SW in 07 worries me that the offering of great items to be had and wanted will exceed my budget, time will tell I suppose.

I know what you mean. I'm a 1:6 collector only because the prices aren't nearly as expensive as the PF. Now I'm not so sure. Jabba was my first "big" purchase from Sideshow. The completist bug is me is starting to die, but yet I've like everything so far, but my wallet hasn't. :eek:

I NEVER thought we'd get Jabba when we did. I was shocked seeing it at SDCC. Now, I do think anything is possible, but the Rancor would definately be pushing that "anything." Not everything from now on can be focused on the Jabba set up - people who aren't getting the stuff are going to lose interest and move on.

A Rancor would be really sweet! I'd love to see the Jabba set-ups then! Man that'd be crazy!

Since we're on the top of Jedi, why not a Sand Skiff? They really weren't too complex a vehile, and not very big. Plus once given the propper cast, it'd make a hell of a display piece!!!

Yeah, it's gonna be an exspensive year which means not much in the way of PF purchases. Which in the scope of things if ok because it will keep me from getting guys I could live without.

Buttmunch said:
Not everything from now on can be focused on the Jabba set up - people who aren't getting the stuff are going to lose interest and move on.

It can if executed properly. Bubo, a minimal background charcter, is not the direction to go in for expanding on Jabba's palace in order to keep fan interest in the line. However, a Rancor would capture minds just like Jabba, with it being so unique and so well executed, it could really keep interest going, and even a Skiff Lando or Gamorrean Guard would be welcomed as they were more predominant elements of that portion of the movie. I think the big issue is timing. Jedi is my favorite of the OT, and I'd probably say the whole saga, it's tied between that and ROTS, so it doesn't matter to me but it's very clear in these threads that many people are focussed on ANH's 30th this year and want to see items focused on that, and perhaps failing to anticipate that, SSC didn't plan for anything along those lines early on, so now, products that may have been met with big cheer aren't getting such praise because they're not falling along the lines of fan mentallity at the moment.

If you're a fan of SW and want to get items from it who cares which movie they're from. I like all 6 so bring on whatever. I'm down for it.

I actually think I will get off easy with my PF purchases in 2007. Luke/Yoda was free, so that just leaves Boba Fett.

If they happen to announce one at Toy Fair, it's likely that it won't ship until January of February of '08. I ordered Darth Vader during Toy Fair '05 and he shipped in February of '06. I ordered Frodo during Toy Fair '06 and he will also ship in February. (I hope!!!) Any major PF they announce at this Toy Fair, I'm just going to assume a year's worth of waiting no matter what the announced release date might be.

Now I hope to preorder another new PF this year (maybe even two because of the anniversary), but as far as paying the bills in 2007, it shouldn't be too bad.

If I remember ROTJ corectly, Luke looks about the size of a Sideshow doll in the Rancor's hand so a 1/6 Rancor would have to be like 5 or 6 feet tall. That ain't gonna happen.

I was trying to find the picture of the Rancor with the bone in his mouth, and make some calculations from there to determine his size. Pictures of the original ILM puppet show proportions that would be really challenging to find room for. His arms are really long, and he is really deep from the front of his nose to his back. His height would be an issue, but so would his width and depth.

Lady_Jaye put this up on RS. I thought it was a great picture for this topic...

rancor_statue_gentle_giant_.jpg

Wor-Gar said:
Lady_Jaye put this up on RS. I thought it was a great picture for this topic...

rancor_statue_gentle_giant_.jpg

Someone comp in Sideshow Luke.....

I've seen this in person. It's gorgeous, even though the drool hangs wonky.

Make it happen SS. The GG one is really cool though. Was much impressed at SDCC this year.

Back